Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

United MileagePlus Explorer Guide to Benefits

Matching is not guaranteed anymore YMMV

Personal Card
Public offer in the Bank is 50K+5K                            Sign up for the 30+5K offer. You can get matched to the higher offer by sending a secure message after you are approved to be matched to the 55K + $50 offer that you say your colleague received.

If its your:
First time: After you sign for the 30k + 5k for adding an AU offer, you can SM Chase to match you to the 55k + $50 offer.
2nd+: Sign up with a new Frequent Flyer # (FFN), and SM AFTER receiving the first 30k. Make sure to create the new FFN with United BEFORE submitting the Application to Chase, or they'll default to your previous number, even if you leave the field blank.

Make sure to add an AU to receive the final 5k, for a total of 55k +$50.

Business Card
On the business card, you can get matched to 50k.
Follow the same process as the personal card.
Note: There is no 5k bonus for adding an AU to the biz card, so when you SM, make sure to ask to be matched to the 50k offer, not a 55k offer which doesn't exist for this card.

It could take up to a week to get a response from the Secure Message Center

Here is a link within your United account, which some DDFers have reported to received a 50k offer for the Explorer card, and the annual fee waived for the Club Card.

If u have a UMPE card and NO status, then you can do upgrades from a coach pts booking to bus/1st pts booking for just incremental pt + taxes, no fees. If you don't have the card they said they'd charge the all-dreaded rebooking fee of $100/person (always the chance to get it waived).
« Last edited by Aerial Dag on July 02, 2019, 04:40:26 PM »

Author Topic: United MileagePlus Explorer Card  (Read 1473851 times)

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: United MileagePlus Explorer Card
« Reply #1580 on: May 02, 2013, 03:21:20 PM »
He's not talking about the spending. He's talking about waiting for the first 30k to post.
+1

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 02, 2013, 05:03:33 PM »
He's not talking about the spending. He's talking about waiting for the first 30k to post.
you did not read what he wrote for he clearly asked about both and u giving one general answer

Offline Mordy T

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 02, 2013, 06:51:51 PM »
New here this is awesome, Pretty new to the whole game. I just got my united business card, what do I send as a SM to get 55+50$ and when do I send said SM? before spending 1000? after?
If/when I apply for the personal one do I need to use a new FFN? I also intend on getting the "plus card" will I need a new FFN?
Thanks much!!!

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 02, 2013, 06:53:44 PM »
New here this is awesome, Pretty new to the whole game. I just got my united business card, what do I send as a SM to get 55+50$?
If/when I apply for the personal one do I need to use a new FFN? I also intend on getting the "plus card" will I need a new FFN?
Thanks much!!!

Welcome!
For your first Business and personal United card you can use the same FFN.
And you can already SM for the match on your business card being as it's your first.
If it wasn't I'd tell you to wait until you got the 30K first and then SM.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Mordy T

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 02, 2013, 06:58:39 PM »

Welcome!
For your first Business and personal United card you can use the same FFN.
And you can already SM for the match on your business card being as it's your first.
If it wasn't I'd tell you to wait until you got the 30K first and then SM.

do you have a sample SM? honestly don't know on what grounds I'm asking for the bonus :-)  the recon called I nailed (7 times for 7 dif cards, but here don't know on what grounds, on a side note for the plus card on a side note, with any chase cards - employees are clueless they have no Idea regarding anything - any fee you (annual for example, I want the unitedCLUB card 395 a year,) I called and was told it will be waived, off-curse it will NOT so once you got the card you call them up and you say you spoke to Representative who said it'll be waived - repeat until success. be super nice it should work on first try. maybe even call and record the conversation. worked for me.

EMES

« Reply #1585 on: May 02, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »
you did not read what he wrote for he clearly asked about both and u giving one general answer
got 30k plus add 20 k after sm was I supposed to get 55 total plus 50$ statement credit ?
Although I did get add 10k for charging 25 k already

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 02, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »
Umm... where do i start...?
Which answer did i give? ???

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 02, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
New here this is awesome, Pretty new to the whole game. I just got my united business card, what do I send as a SM to get 55+50$ and when do I send said SM? before spending 1000? after?
Thanks much!!!

Read the wiki, it has all the answers. Its on the top of the page, minimized by default.
Visibly Jewish

EMES

« Reply #1588 on: May 02, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
Wow! Just realized that the business card is only matched to 50 , thanks to the wiki

Offline Mordy T

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »
Read the wiki, it has all the answers. Its on the top of the page, minimized by default.
again do you have a sample SM? honestly don't know on what grounds I'm asking for the bonus :-)  the recon called I nailed (7 times for 7 dif cards, but here don't know on what grounds

Offline george

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: May 03, 2013, 12:46:31 AM »
again do you have a sample SM? honestly don't know on what grounds I'm asking for the bonus :-)  the recon called I nailed (7 times for 7 dif cards, but here don't know on what grounds
colleague of yours recently received 55K+$50; as a loyal chase customer you kindly request to be matched to that offer.

EMES

« Reply #1591 on: May 03, 2013, 02:48:22 AM »
colleague of yours recently received 55K+$50; as a loyal chase customer you kindly request to be matched to that offer.
As mentioned in prior post  I have the business card , however I searched online an found and offer from chase for 50k in the best .
I sent that as well in the sm and explained how I thought I was applying  for this offer .
There should being offers out there on the personal card jus look around

Offline sfonyc

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 03, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »

Precisely - colleague, friend, 'I heard about', etc all good.

EMES

« Reply #1593 on: May 03, 2013, 07:29:42 AM »
If I am not mistaken a actually took a screen shot of the 50 k offer and uploaded it in my secure message , and " please match this offer"

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:27 AM »
Random bit of information here

The Chase United MileagePlus business card gets 2ppd for Gas, restaurants  and office supply stores.
That's not usually talked about since there are better cards to use at those places but it's just a good thing to keep in mind when you're spending on those cards for the signup bonus. 

EMES

« Reply #1595 on: May 03, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »
Random bit of information here

The Chase United MileagePlus business card gets 2ppd for Gas, restaurants  and office supply stores.
That's not usually talked about since there are better cards to use at those places but it's just a good thing to keep in mind when you're spending on those cards for the signup bonus.
Just be carful there is a foreign transaction fee of 3% which most chase big offer cards dont ! (chase sapphire p Ba Ua clup card ink bold etc...) And foreign fees apply to canada as well

Regarding the double points make sure to check the cc gas prices, where some charge and 10cents per gallon with a cc whic double points still leaves u 6-8 cents in the read

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 03, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »

Regarding the double points make sure to check the cc gas prices, where some charge and 10cents per gallon with a cc whic double points still leaves u 6-8 cents in the read
No biggie, just purchase gift cards from the Gas station and then fill up.   There are still plenty of stations that will sell GC's when using a CC to purchase.

Offline Nafster

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 05, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »
Trying to churn this card. I applied with a new FFN, spent $1,000, the statement closed but I did not receive the 30K sign up bonus. Does this happen often that? Should I SM that I did not receive my sign up bonus of the 30K? Or try going straight for the 50K + $50 offer? What are the chances of them giving it to me as I am churning this card (had it once before.)

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 05, 2013, 12:18:42 AM »
Trying to churn this card. I applied with a new FFN, spent $1,000, the statement closed but I did not receive the 30K sign up bonus. Does this happen often that? Should I SM that I did not receive my sign up bonus of the 30K? Or try going straight for the 50K + $50 offer? What are the chances of them giving it to me as I am churning this card (had it once before.)

Did you finish the 1k spend close to the closing date? When was your closing date? Did you see the statement yet?

Offline Nafster

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 05, 2013, 12:30:01 AM »
Yes charge went through 4 days before, on the 24th, statement closed on the 27th. I see the statement and it does not show that I was awarded any bonus miles, just miles for the spending. You think that would have an effect? Should I sm about 30K, 50K or wait another month? Also I added the additional user right away, I didnt get the 5K for that either.