Author Topic: 2020 Voter Turnout  (Read 30184 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Voter Turnout
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
The food entitlement programs are wildly successful.
There are more of those in Republican states? Or they help lower obesity with higher quality food? Either way, my original statement while tasteless remains accurate
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »
I promise you cannabis is not their problem.
Its the solution ;D
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »
Is this the fallback for everything? The polls were actually VERY accurate in 2016. Hillary won the popular vote by a margin very in line with polls. Alas that does not make her president.
No only for polls. yup VERY accurate.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2020, 03:18:12 PM »
https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/adult-obesity/

States with 35%+ obesity are all Republican (I would imagine Hawaii is an exception)
States with <30% obesity are almost all Democrat
States with 30-35% obesity are Republican And swing states.

I shouldn’t be surprised a staple of Trump supporters & Covid-ignorers is detachment from reality.

That's cute. Now pull the stats for murders, drug usage, rapes, general violent crimes, poverty, and race, and let's see if we can come to a few more twisted "tasteless but accurate" conclusions.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »
Its the solution ;D

I think marijuana usage demos would shock a lot of people on here.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2020, 03:21:46 PM »
That's cute. Now pull the stats for murders, drug usage, rapes, general violent crimes, poverty, and race, and let's see if we can come to a few more twisted "tasteless but accurate" conclusions.
How do those disprove my statement?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
I think marijuana usage demos would shock a lot of people on here.
For the record, using any drug never crossed my mind. I avoid all meds like the plague and only take Tylenol once every few years.

That being said, I’m skeptical of D’s smoke more than R’s when you exclude people under 30, which are definitely more prone to vote D & smoke weed

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2020, 03:26:11 PM »
For the record, using any drug never crossed my mind. I avoid all meds like the plague and only take Tylenol once every few years.

That being said, I’m skeptical of D’s smoke more than R’s when you exclude people under 30, which are definitely more prone to vote D & smoke weed
Do you also avoid vaccines?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2020, 03:29:47 PM »
No, he gets vaccines - he said he avoids the plague.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
How do those disprove my statement?

Didn't say your statement was able to be disproved. It was a twisted thing to say, though. A saying about throwing stones from glass houses comes to mind.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2020, 03:33:58 PM »

You should smoke weed. I think everyone on DDF should at least once.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
Didn't say your statement was able to be disproved. It was a twisted thing to say, though. A saying about throwing stones from glass houses comes to mind.

Sounds like something to bring up in a different thread
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
It’s totally off-topic but I’m the first to admit there is more crime in blacks than white, and I don’t think that’s a controversial statement. The problem is treating the blacks who aren’t criminal differently because of the blacks who are criminals, much like I hate being associated as a Jew with certain behavior that may be more common amongst Jews, yet doesn’t make me personally more likely to commit. The second issue is that you have to look at the cause, and while criminals are bad people, they probably weren’t born with a higher tendency to crime, so as a society we have to attempt to change whatever the underlying causes are.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2020, 03:37:53 PM »
It’s totally off-topic but I’m the first to admit there is more crime in blacks than white, and I don’t think that’s a controversial statement. The problem is treating the blacks who aren’t criminal differently because of the blacks who are criminals, much like I hate being associated as a Jew with certain behavior that may be more common amongst Jews, yet doesn’t make me personally more likely to commit. The second issue is that you have to look at the cause, and while criminals are bad people, they probably weren’t born with a higher tendency to crime, so as a society we have to attempt to change whatever the underlying causes are.

That's all good and well, but I was talking about voters.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »
It was a twisted thing to say, though. A saying about throwing stones from glass houses comes to mind.
Fair enough
Not sure if you actually want to know, but I take vitamin D now even though I normally wouldn’t. As you can imagine the girls don’t like my blunt contrarian style so I don’t have kids to vaccinate, though I definitely would do all commonly accepted vaccines. If I was high risk I would take the Chinese vaccine & maybe even the Russian vaccine, but being the diametric opposite I probably won’t take a Covid vaccine. I hope people around me do though

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »
Fair enough Not sure if you actually want to know, but I take vitamin D now even though I normally wouldn’t. As you can imagine the girls don’t like my blunt contrarian style so I don’t have kids to vaccinate, though I definitely would do all commonly accepted vaccines. If I was high risk I would take the Chinese vaccine & maybe even the Russian vaccine, but being the diametric opposite I probably won’t take a Covid vaccine. I hope people around me do though

I honestly don't see you as a blunt contrarian at all.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »

Offline BP16

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
my blunt contrarian style

Life hack: be a diplomatic contrarian.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2020, 05:24:41 PM »
And still far behind: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/texas-results
I’m far from 100% certain that Biden will win Texas, though I think he will