Topic Wiki

I created an account to say this

I am a survivor of abuse

I tried to type up a longer, more detailed post but it got too hard. The bottom line is the following

There's no such thing as universal feelings, reactions, desires, needs that all victims share. Each one is an individual who suffered alone and carries the unique scars that stay with them and each one will react to future situations in life in their own way.

Therefore, there is no single response to abuse that will leave all victims feeling safe, secure, validated, supported, closure and everything else all the well meaning people here want to give them.

However, I think there is a single response that would leave all victims feeling further pain and trauma and that is "It can't be."

Rabbi Shimon Russell - How to Safeguard and Protect our Children

https://youtu.be/fefqSvXf0JI

« Last edited by Yehuda57 on January 12, 2022, 05:44:00 PM »

Author Topic: Chaim Walder dies  (Read 132383 times)

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Chaim Walder dies
« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2022, 02:40:43 AM »
Aha...so lets let children get their lives ruined because I don't want to get sued by a abuser. I'm really catching on to the mindset here.

A rav’s power is only as strong as the kehilla backing him. So if your Rov is left behind, begging people to raise 100k+ legal fees for a cause that was far less messy, then there’s something wrong with the kehilla. He ain’t getting burned again for a few hundred k and countless wasted hours.

Commit to pay all the bills and spend your days and nights involved in litigation and then you can think of criticizing.
Visibly Jewish

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2022, 08:58:43 AM »
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/i-met-chaim-walder-and-almost-became-his-partner/
His bottom line point is an important one:

Years ago, I did a child safety class in Alpine NJ where I shared the microphone with the Chief of Police, Michael P. Bruno. Chief Bruno shared a profound thought with the audience. He instructed parents to concentrate on the “It” (the action people do) and ignore the “Who” (the person who did it), and he said that we keep getting in trouble when we ignore suspicious actions (the “it”) just because we respect the person (the “who”).

I am not familiar with details of the Walder case, but if past is prologue as it relates to other serial abusers, it is inconceivable that he got away with it on such a grand scale without repeated, flagrant yichud and/or boundary violations. Chief Bruno would advise us all to concentrate more on the “it” and less on the “whom.”
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 06, 2022, 09:01:24 AM »

Years ago, I did a child safety class in Alpine NJ where I shared the microphone with the Chief of Police, Michael P. Bruno. Chief Bruno shared a profound thought with the audience. He instructed parents to concentrate on the “It” (the action people do) and ignore the “Who” (the person who did it), and he said that we keep getting in trouble when we ignore suspicious actions (the “it”) just because we respect the person (the “who”).

I am not familiar with details of the Walder case, but if past is prologue as it relates to other serial abusers, it is inconceivable that he got away with it on such a grand scale without repeated, flagrant yichud and/or boundary violations. Chief Bruno would advise us all to concentrate more on the “it” and less on the “whom.”

Yakov Horowitz is an action-oriented person, he didn't write this article to get clicks, attention, or prestige. He's spreading a message.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2022, 09:05:35 AM »
Yakov Horowitz is an action-oriented person, he didn't write this article to get clicks, attention, or prestige. He's spreading a message.
He was my 8th grade Rebbi and I have remained close with him over the years and sometimes went to visit him when I was at my parents a"h in Monsey for shabbos. He always had amazing guidance for anything I asked him.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 06, 2022, 09:10:00 AM »
He was my 8th grade Rebbi and I have remained close with him over the years and sometimes went to visit him when I was at my parents a"h in Monsey for shabbos. He always had amazing guidance for anything I asked him.

He seems to be very approachable/available and so full of wisdom. But what gets me most is his sensitivity and careful choice of words.

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 06, 2022, 09:14:52 AM »
I went to the same school and always looked at him as the "cool rebbe". Tall, well dressed, amazing at basketball. I could never have dreamed that he would build a career based on caring and empathy (Which are not "cool and aloof" traits).

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #948 on: January 06, 2022, 09:17:11 AM »

I can't tell you how many times I have heard this in all the classes I took and talks I sat through. "IT" not "WHO"!!!
Think of the most respected person you know. Maybe a role model to you. Ask yourself, is it possible a person like that could commit these acts. If your answer is no, then you are not there yet. 
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 06, 2022, 11:31:20 AM »
his sensitivity and careful choice of words.
This is one and the same.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 06, 2022, 12:10:56 PM »
This is one and the same.

His sensitivity is more than just choice of words, his entire demeanor, his actions, as well as other things.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 06, 2022, 12:12:00 PM »
His sensitivity is more than just choice of words, his entire demeanor, his actions, as well as other things.
But his choice of words is from his sensitivity

Online Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 06, 2022, 03:26:04 PM »

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 06, 2022, 03:52:39 PM »
 Rav Moshe Meiselman of Yeshivas Toras Moshe in EY
explaining the Chaim Welder case. A must listen!

Some points he made:
1. He was considered a rasha mrusha 20 years years ago -- suspected for all 3 major sins - shvichas damim, gilui arayos & avoda zorah
2. Shmuel Auerbach zt'l refused to meet with him, "whatever I say the man will twist it"
3. Many have always never allowed his books. Lots of questionable material that children should not be exposed to, and his books do not even mention ribono shel olam.
4. His whole life was manipulation of image, if image broken, if sheker is exposed, I am nothing -- and his ingenious thinking -- committing suicide will restore his image.
5. To rehabilitate his image, he is inviting Rav Eliyahu and Rav Silman to beis din shel maylo. Refused to come to beis din, he had the option to be cross-examined by professionals.
He refused to come in front of a beis din, he got hazmana and decided he will go to beis din shel mayla - that is not a way that Jewish people act.
6. If Adolf Hitler had written a bunch of children books, even if they are good, would you keep it in your house, no you would be disgusted.

Rambam Hilchos Sanhedrin 24:5 וְכֵן יֵשׁ לְבֵית דִּין בְּכָל מָקוֹם וּבְכָל זְמַן לְהַלְקוֹת אָדָם שֶׁשְּׁמוּעָתוֹ רָעָה וְהָעָם מְרַנְּנִים עָלָיו שֶׁהוּא עוֹבֵר עַל הָעֲרָיוֹת וְהוּא שֶׁיִּהְיֶה קוֹל שֶׁאֵינוֹ פּוֹסֵק כְּמוֹ שֶׁבֵּאַרְנוּ וְלֹא יִהְיוּ אֵלּוּ אוֹיְבִים יְדוּעִים שֶׁמּוֹצִיאִין עָלָיו שְׁמוּעָה רָעָה. וְכֵן מְבַזִּין אֶת זֶה שֶׁשְּׁמוּעָתוֹ רָעָה וּמְחָרְפִין אֶת יוֹלַדְתּוֹ בְּפָנָיו
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:31:53 PM by Saulius »

Online Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #955 on: January 06, 2022, 06:17:54 PM »
Rav Moshe Meiselman of Yeshivas Toras Moshe in EY
explaining the Chaim Welder case. A must listen!

Ctrl f > "minced words" > 0 results

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #957 on: January 07, 2022, 08:20:24 AM »
I think at this point we’ve established the facts in this case. The question is, what are we going to do about it?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 07, 2022, 10:30:33 AM »
I think at this point we’ve established the facts in this case. The question is, what are we going to do about it?

If you read the comments on any of the frum news sites, its clear that in the minds of many, "we" are very far from having established the facts. And for that reason "we" will probably not do anything. 

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 07, 2022, 11:01:17 AM »
If you read the comments on any of the frum news sites, its clear that in the minds of many, "we" are very far from having established the facts. And for that reason "we" will probably not do anything.
יא נעבעך