Author Topic: Useful car accessories  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Useful car accessories
« on: July 14, 2023, 06:10:52 PM »
What's something you have in your car that you find to be useful? I didn't have something from the manufacturer in mind but can be that too.

An example would be the jacket hangers like this

My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
Re: Useful car accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 06:13:41 PM »
My favorite thing that I have is a rearview mirror power splitter from Dongar. It allows me to plug in my dash camera without running wires.
It's only available for certain cars.

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 06:33:36 PM »
My favorite thing that I have is a rearview mirror power splitter from Dongar. It allows me to plug in my dash camera without running wires.
It's only available for certain cars.
I have this for my dash cam, and it makes it so much nicer!

I also have an Ottocast, which allows for wireless Android auto or Apple CarPlay. As an Android user myself, with the rest of my family using iPhones, it makes going into the car seamless, and whoever's driving can have there preferred navigation, all without having to start switching and messing with wires/ cables.

I keep a battery jumpstarter in my frunk, in addition to an air pump, and extension cords (my car can power just about anything that plugs in).

I also have the hooks that are attached to the back of the headrest, where I can hang my kids knapsacks, a hat, or dry cleaning.

Online Spoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 10:30:58 PM »
Drop stop

Offline yawn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 10:48:30 PM »
Does anyone have a mirror/camera to see a rear facing child that can be installed in a car without adjustable headrests?

Online yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 12:14:22 AM »
Does anyone have a mirror/camera to see a rear facing child that can be installed in a car without adjustable headrests?
I used the GO by Goldbug. I just used the Velcro strap and left the buckle strap hanging.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Online yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 12:23:01 AM »
The best $4 upgrade to a minivan. This garbage can fits perfectly in the space between the front seats on a Sienna (2020 or older)
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 12:45:10 AM »
I have this for my dash cam, and it makes it so much nicer!

I also have an Ottocast, which allows for wireless Android auto or Apple CarPlay. As an Android user myself, with the rest of my family using iPhones, it makes going into the car seamless, and whoever's driving can have there preferred navigation, all without having to start switching and messing with wires/ cables.

I keep a battery jumpstarter in my frunk, in addition to an air pump, and extension cords (my car can power just about anything that plugs in).

I also have the hooks that are attached to the back of the headrest, where I can hang my kids knapsacks, a hat, or dry cleaning.

Any reason u chose Ottocast over other companies? Thinking of getting one
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 12:50:13 AM by Hjay »

Online Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 02:34:37 AM »
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline MosheE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 02:36:02 AM »
Pretty much any that have 2 separate straps will work, just use 1 strap.

On side note I think it would be a great product to make as it would become the standard for every young couple with a Toyota Camry (& prob many other cars)

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 06:15:04 AM »
Any reason u chose Ottocast over other companies? Thinking of getting one
I wanted something that can switch between iphone and Android phones without having to unplug and replug. At the time, they had a good coupon code and had seemingly good reviews.

I've been happy with it for the most part. It has its quirks, and I will sometimes have to unplug and replug in to get it to work properly. And if I'm in my kitchen, which is right next to my driveway, it'll sometimes randomly try to connect to my car. Definitely not a perfect product but for the most part, does what it should most of the time. 4/5 stars.

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2023, 06:18:52 AM »
I wanted something that can switch between iphone and Android phones without having to unplug and replug. At the time, they had a good coupon code and had seemingly good reviews.

I've been happy with it for the most part. It has its quirks, and I will sometimes have to unplug and replug in to get it to work properly. And if I'm in my kitchen, which is right next to my driveway, it'll sometimes randomly try to connect to my car. Definitely not a perfect product but for the most part, does what it should most of the time. 4/5 stars.
While looking up other brands just now, The Carlinkit looks like it's 50% off with the $54  coupon! Great price! Maybe I should cross post to Deal Alerts?

2023 Carlinkit 4.0 Adapter - Wireless CarPlay & Wireless Android Auto for OEM Factory CarPlay Cars, Fast Connect, Plug & Play, 2 in 1 No Delay, Built in CarPlay https://a.co/d/i6CAp1Y

Even the Ottocast that I have looks like it's about to go on sale.  $40 coupon and it says there's an upcoming deal in 20 hours:
OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter U2-X Pro, Newest Android Auto & Apple CarPlay 2 in 1 Adapter, Wireless Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars, All-New User Experience, Faster Connection https://a.co/d/c07Kw8m

If you want to add Netflix and other streaming, this also seems to be 1/3 off with the $45 coupon:
CarPlay Ai Box Adapter CarlinKit Wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay Wireless Magic Box Netflix/YouTube Car Video, Comes with Android 11.0 System, 4G Network/Google Play Download Apps/Built-in GPS https://a.co/d/9F4VG5a

Offline MosheE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 07:45:59 AM »
While looking up other brands just now, The Carlinkit looks like it's 50% off with the $54  coupon! Great price! Maybe I should cross post to Deal Alerts?

2023 Carlinkit 4.0 Adapter - Wireless CarPlay & Wireless Android Auto for OEM Factory CarPlay Cars, Fast Connect, Plug & Play, 2 in 1 No Delay, Built in CarPlay https://a.co/d/i6CAp1Y

Even the Ottocast that I have looks like it's about to go on sale.  $40 coupon and it says there's an upcoming deal in 20 hours:
OTTOCAST Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter U2-X Pro, Newest Android Auto & Apple CarPlay 2 in 1 Adapter, Wireless Adapter for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars, All-New User Experience, Faster Connection https://a.co/d/c07Kw8m

If you want to add Netflix and other streaming, this also seems to be 1/3 off with the $45 coupon:
CarPlay Ai Box Adapter CarlinKit Wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay Wireless Magic Box Netflix/YouTube Car Video, Comes with Android 11.0 System, 4G Network/Google Play Download Apps/Built-in GPS https://a.co/d/9F4VG5a
My friend uses this i think he's pretty happy

Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included https://a.co/d/iBbEMOR

Offline aishel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2023, 07:48:33 AM »
My friend uses this i think he's pretty happy

Motorola MA1 Wireless Android Auto Car Adapter - Instant Connection from Smartphone to Car Screen with Easy Setup - Direct Plug-in USB Adapter - Secure Gel Pad Included https://a.co/d/iBbEMOR
It's great, and I recommend it to my friends who only use Android phones. But when you have a mixed family, you need a solution that does both Apple and Android.

Offline MosheE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 07:53:44 AM »
It's great, and I recommend it to my friends who only use Android phones. But when you have a mixed family, you need a solution that does both Apple and Android.
Oh

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 08:52:42 AM »
I keep a booster pack. I've used it to help many people in the past, some of them stuck in remote places. It's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »
I keep a booster pack. I've used it to help many people in the past, some of them stuck in remote places. It's one of the best investments I've ever made.
Is there a specific one you’d recommend? I am thinking of getting one.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2023, 12:11:20 PM »
I have those lithium booster packs. I'm scared to keep it in my car in the heat.

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2023, 12:21:50 PM »
An imaginary idea of mine is to have a drone in my trunk that I can send out when in traffic to see what the cause is and if I should look for an alternative route.
Issue number one is - I don't have a drone.
Two, I would need to secure it well when not in use. Plus for landing I don't know if it'll be able to get back in. Maybe a helipad of some sort.
Three, the trunk doesnt open fully. That I can use a string of some sort to open it fully and close it. Or send it out by hand.
Four, it would have to be quick so I can call it back quickly. Or Id have to pull over to get it. That's not good. I don't either know the accuracy when calling them back.

Offline Shush

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2023, 12:24:28 PM »
Always thought of making some sort of hat hook/holder that wouldn't smash your hat when you put it down in the car