Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2458112 times)

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5620 on: June 06, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »

Did not know can upgrade to club --I  assume it becomes a no pull because of doing via  upgrade -- If knew that I would not have applied

did u read the new t/c on chase freedom , helpful --
assume need to "just" cancel and reapply if 2 years past
No pull, but you need to wait a year.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »
Should shifting CL from personal to biz be a hard case?

Yes it's hard, if even possible. Rare.
just took 5k from freedom to approve ip

Offline listen2learn

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: June 06, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
HUCA'd twice on my Marriot card application, got denied twice. So I closed a card, lowered credit line on another. Changed living from "other" on application to "own" (told rep my parents own the house and I was paying monthly to the mortgage and she agreed to that.) HUCA a third time, the rep was going to deny me again but I persuaded her to use the credit from my Hyatt (had to close that card too) to open the Marriot which hadn't worked before. Wow! Hardest recon I have ever had to do.

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: June 08, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
any point of calling recon on a sunday?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: June 08, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
I believe as long as you don't need to talk to the verification department calling on Sunday is fine.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #5625 on: June 09, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
I'm getting the impression that revolving spending limits are different than credit limits and that's why people are having a hard time transferring credit to the IB and this won't necessarily be a problem for the IP. Has anyone else picked up on this or have people transferred directly from CC's to IB making this a classic case of DROPR.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: June 09, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »
I'm getting the impression that revolving spending limits are different than credit limits and that's why people are having a hard time transferring credit to the IB and this won't necessarily be a problem for the IP. Has anyone else picked up on this or have people transferred directly from CC's to IB making this a classic case of DROPR.
Thats a nice idea, and in theory it makes sense, however people supposedly have done it.
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline smaxber

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:39 PM »
i recently closed a personal and had an IB opened...not saying they transfered the the CL but that was one way they offered to have the card opened

Offline spetropo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Wow, 5 huca's one escalation and not budging. Got the speech on only being able to get 2 credit card apps approved with in 30 days. Even with the escalation to a "supervisor" it seemed like i went backwards.

Anyone else have any luck with type of situation?
Thanks
S

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: June 10, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
I got approved for ink cash but not ink plus on a 2 bm.  I already have an ink bold.  Should i call recon for ink plus as well or is it risky doing it that these days as there are some reports that they took back prior approved cards. 

the other issue is that my wife has sole propiership.  Can I be a member or treasurer or whatever options they have on application page of a sole propiership?

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: June 10, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
You don't have to be anything in the business to speak to recon. Just have  your wife call first and authorize you to speak. Sometimes the authorization lasts for 24 hours so if you call back within that time frame you don't even need her to be there.

Offline YY

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: June 10, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
I applied for Chase Ink card and denied.
When I called reconsideration they told me that since my existing Chase Southwest card is only 10 months old they will not approve the new card since I am still a new customer they need to see more history for.
When I asked if I could move my credit line from my existing Southwest Card to the new Chase Ink card they said they do not do this since I only had my Chase SW card 10 months.

Anybody have a similar experience ?

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #5632 on: June 10, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
I applied for Chase Ink card and denied.
When I called reconsideration they told me that since my existing Chase Southwest card is only 10 months old they will not approve the new card since I am still a new customer they need to see more history for.
When I asked if I could move my credit line from my existing Southwest Card to the new Chase Ink card they said they do not do this since I only had my Chase SW card 10 months.

Anybody have a similar experience ?
Somewhat similar, but my credit history is 2.5 years old, and I have a bunch of personal cards with Chase. Still denied for the Bold.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5633 on: June 10, 2014, 01:49:49 PM »
My wife is pretty much new to the credit card business and has old navy card that she got in Feb and just applied for the United and Marriott. Got excepted for the United card for $5,000 CL after a phone call and when called again for the marriott was told that there's too little credit history to be excepted for both. So asked to move CL from United and was declined. Would HUCA work..? Any ideas....?

Offline davidd75

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »
You don't have to be anything in the business to speak to recon. Just have  your wife call first and authorize you to speak. Sometimes the authorization lasts for 24 hours so if you call back within that time frame you don't even need her to be there.

i applied for a credit card on my behalf not hers I dont need her authorization.  My question is whether a sole propiership can have a member, treasurer etc...

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5635 on: June 10, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
My wife is pretty much new to the credit card business and has old navy card that she got in Feb and just applied for the United and Marriott. Got excepted for the United card for $5,000 CL after a phone call and when called again for the marriott was told that there's too little credit history to be excepted for both. So asked to move CL from United and was declined. Would HUCA work..? Any ideas....?
I'm not sure how The United card works once you have it but to get approved you need a minimum 5K CL (CMIIW). HUCA without asking to move CL and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:14:38 PM by Super Speed »

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: June 10, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »
Approved for Ink Plus after 8 HUCA's!!!! I applied on May 9, I called recon every few days when I had an extra minute, and finally approved!
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: June 10, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »

Approved for Ink Plus after 8 HUCA's!!!! I applied on May 9, I called recon every few days when I had an extra minute, and finally approved!
NICE!!

Offline lunatic

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: June 10, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
What did you do that finally convinced them

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: June 10, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
IME, the key word is, talk to them BEFORE they look in into your app, they always tell you after you give them the reference number "allow me 2 minutes to look in into the app", when they come back with a no, they wont budge (in most cases) Today when he told me allow me 2 minutes... I right away told him that I currently have my perssonal accounts with Chase and I am extremly happy, I would love to have a business card with them as well... I am not happy with AmEx, Chase is the best etc.. I also added if you feel that I have to much credit already, you can close one of my personal cards blah blah blah ..and he came back, the he can close the SP and approve the Ink!!
You can say what you think when you think what you say.