Topic Wiki

The AA Advantage Executive Platinum number with almost no waiting time has ended. Had to wait 16 minutes. Does anyone have the new good number?

According to Wiki in "Starwood Starpoints Transfer To Airline Miles Master Thread" Starwood > Aerplan transfers..."Aeroplan - Names don't need to match. - Usually takes about a day and half to 2 days to transfer."

Author Topic: Aeroplan Master Thread  (Read 218855 times)

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Aeroplan Master Thread
« Reply #1120 on: May 21, 2024, 11:40:18 AM »
Just one example

that one is actually great, but I'm strictly looking to depart on Sundays and be back on Thursdays, so I wasn't even looking at mid-week availability.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1121 on: May 21, 2024, 11:42:26 AM »
that one is actually great, but I'm strictly looking to depart on Sundays and be back on Thursdays, so I wasn't even looking at mid-week availability.
Date range?
You know that you need to monitor or keep checking? Awards especially saver come and go multiple times a day
There's outbound through WAW on Jun 30 but no return thus far on July 4
You realize its summer?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:51:11 AM by Alexsei »
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 21, 2024, 12:13:48 PM »
Date range?
You know that you need to monitor or keep checking? Awards especially saver come and go multiple times a day
There's outbound through WAW on Jun 30 but no return thus far on July 4
You realize its summer?

First of all thank you so much for your help. - I know its summer, last year July I was able to book 6 round trip tickets NY to TLV business, via Air Canada.. so there sure was much more availability  all around last summer. - This summer I'm looking June thru September, 3 adults Sun to Thu. NYC to BUD.

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 21, 2024, 03:11:40 PM »
Here is something else.... if i search YUL to BUD, I get the saver award below (w/ a stop in NY).... but if i search the same but from NY to BUD, they wont show this ticket at all (why?)... - I'm wondering if I can just book this anyway, and just not show up for the first leg, but instead show up for the second leg here in NY.. would i have any trouble doing so?

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 21, 2024, 03:46:30 PM »
Yeah. Lots of trouble. They will cancel the whole ticket when you no show for the first leg. If it's only showing availability starting in YUL, it is  married segment issue, meaning that Lufthansa isn't willing to release the seats to passengers out of JFK.
Passenger traffic  is up about 10% y/y so with supply not increasing fast enough you will see less availability.
Keep checking and be flexible. LX releases J space a couple of weeks before flights.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1125 on: May 21, 2024, 03:56:30 PM »
Here is something else.... if i search YUL to BUD, I get the saver award below (w/ a stop in NY).... but if i search the same but from NY to BUD, they wont show this ticket at all (why?)... - I'm wondering if I can just book this anyway, and just not show up for the first leg, but instead show up for the second leg here in NY.. would i have any trouble doing so?

Award availability is by leg, your screenshot shows mixed cabin. You can very likely reproduce the same directly from NY, but like @Ploni3 pointed out, there's no skipping any leg in a trip besides the last one
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 21, 2024, 05:22:02 PM »
Award availability is by leg, your screenshot shows mixed cabin. You can very likely reproduce the same directly from NY, but like @Ploni3 pointed out, there's no skipping any leg in a trip besides the last one

As the bar shows the mixed cabin on this one is about 95% business, only YUL-NY is economy which is fine. I had no luck reproducing the same directly from NY.

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #1127 on: Yesterday at 07:22:17 AM »

You can try to book it and within 24 hours call Aeroplan to remove 1st leg and if they can't just cancel it online for free

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: Yesterday at 12:32:43 PM »
You can try to book it and within 24 hours call Aeroplan to remove 1st leg and if they can't just cancel it online for free

Great idea. - but has that actually worked before?

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #1129 on: Yesterday at 01:25:38 PM »
Great idea. - but has that actually worked before?
I once wanted to book a a flight LGA-YUL-VIE-TLV and I couldn't find the whole trip together on their website so I booked YUL-VIE-TLV and called in, they happily added the LGA-YUL leg there was just a adjustment for the taxes. they didn't even charge me the $30 phone fee

Offline Homeandl2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: Yesterday at 03:08:16 PM »
I once wanted to book a a flight LGA-YUL-VIE-TLV and I couldn't find the whole trip together on their website so I booked YUL-VIE-TLV and called in, they happily added the LGA-YUL leg there was just a adjustment for the taxes. they didn't even charge me the $30 phone fee

Nice. -  Thank you all for such great feedback and advise.