Author Topic: Random Halacha  (Read 11178 times)

Offline NoC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Random Halacha
« Reply #100 on: Yesterday at 08:48:17 PM »
I noticed Dirshu brings down a Machlokes for those keeping the second half of Sfira if you can take a haircut this friday due to the fact that Sunday you can take a haircut - R Moshe and R elyashiv say you can't while R shlomo Zalman say you can. So What does the Olam do? Pick and choose?
Is it the same discussion as lag baomer that falls out on Sunday?

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Yesterday at 08:53:53 PM »
Is it the same discussion as lag baomer that falls out on Sunday?
No - there seems to be a chiluk dirshu brings down that because everyone knows that you can take a haircut on sunday as its shloshes yimei hagbalah so its not a bizoyon if you shave on sunday vs on lag baomer its not as known /mdrabanan so if you see a person takes a haircut on sunday and not shabbos it can be a bzayon for shabbos. I am not sure if that is the reason of R moshe or R Elyasiv they just bring it down that R shlomo zalman is not choshesh for the above.

Offline NoC

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Yesterday at 08:57:50 PM »
No - there seems to be a chiluk dirshu brings down that because everyone knows that you can take a haircut on sunday as its shloshes yimei hagbalah so its not a bizoyon if you shave on sunday vs on lag baomer its not as known /mdrabanan so if you see a person takes a haircut on sunday and not shabbos it can be a bzayon for shabbos. I am not sure if that is the reason of R moshe or R Elyasiv they just bring it down that R shlomo zalman is not choshesh for the above.
Interesting

I wonder if you make a poll these days, what's more well known

Online imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Yesterday at 09:40:56 PM »
I noticed Dirshu brings down a Machlokes for those keeping the second half of Sfira if you can take a haircut this friday due to the fact that Sunday you can take a haircut - R Moshe and R elyashiv say you can't while R shlomo Zalman say you can. So What does the Olam do? Pick and choose?
In the primary sources it’s pretty clear it’s the same and my impression is that that is the more “mainstream” approach.