Author Topic: Afghanistan Falls To The Taliban After US Withdrawal  (Read 138983 times)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Afghanistan Falls To The Taliban After US Withdrawal
« Reply #1080 on: September 01, 2021, 08:41:00 AM »
It seems everyone wants to claim they rescued Biden in 2008. Was there even a "rescue" mission?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9927887/Blackwater-rescued-Biden-Taliban-2008-founder-criticized-6-500-evacuation-flights.html

Lol

"According to comments on a blog post"

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 01, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #1082 on: September 01, 2021, 08:52:51 AM »
Lol

"According to comments on a blog post"
So the direct quotes are made up?

'They were on a congressional visit to Afghanistan in the winter and the U.S. Army helicopter got lost in a snowstorm and sat down in Taliban territory on the side of a mountain,' Prince told Carlson.
'U.S. military launched a ground convoy to get them and they got lost.
'And the Blackwater guys launched and we did not get lost and we rescued them from Taliban territory. That was the winter of '08.'
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Simone Biles: “I love my black job”

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1083 on: September 01, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
Do we know if this story is even true about being rescued?
It seems everyone wants to claim they rescued Biden in 2008. Was there even a "rescue" mission?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9927887/Blackwater-rescued-Biden-Taliban-2008-founder-criticized-6-500-evacuation-flights.html

I'm confused. Are you saying Biden was never rescued?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 01, 2021, 09:33:42 AM »
I'm confused. Are you saying Biden was never rescued?
I don't know what happened. Take this article from the time it happened. They didn't call it a rescue.
https://www.foxnews.com/story/fact-check-bidens-chopper-was-forced-down-by-snowflakes
My point is many are taking credit for it. This interpreter at best was along for the ride. They are trying to make it look like he had some major role in it.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #1085 on: September 01, 2021, 09:38:06 AM »
I don't know what happened. Take this article from the time it happened. They didn't call it a rescue.
https://www.foxnews.com/story/fact-check-bidens-chopper-was-forced-down-by-snowflakes
My point is many are taking credit for it. This interpreter at best was along for the ride. They are trying to make it look like he had some major role in it.

Did you read that article? Aside from being a political hatchet job, they don't actually dispute anything, including the rescue. They just point out that weather forced the choppers down, not terrorists. They don't dispute that it went down in Taliban territory, or that they needed to be rescued. What's more, the military backs the story, including multiple accounts of servicemen involved in the episode.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 01, 2021, 09:43:30 AM »
Did you read that article? Aside from being a political hatchet job, they don't actually dispute anything, including the rescue. They just point out that weather forced the choppers down, not terrorists. They don't dispute that it went down in Taliban territory, or that they needed to be rescued. What's more, the military backs the story, including multiple accounts of servicemen involved in the episode.
Were in the article did they say it was a "rescue" mission. Did you read the article?
You again are missing the point. The interpreter at best was along for the ride on whatever you want to call what they did.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 01, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »
Were in the article did they say it was a "rescue" mission. Did you read the article?
You again are missing the point. The interpreter at best was along for the ride on whatever you want to call what they did.

Wait, you're telling me that FOX News avoided calling it a rescue? What possible motivation could they have had to not put the words "rescue" or "heroes" in a story about Joe Biden and John Kerry?

As for the interpreter, he isn't asking to be evacuated because one time he did one thing. He served the US Army for years, and he has plenty of written documentation from servicemen testifying to his service, loyalty, sacrifice, and bravery on behalf of the United States.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 01, 2021, 09:54:38 AM »
Wait, you're telling me that FOX News avoided calling it a rescue? What possible motivation could they have had to not put the words "rescue" or "heroes" in a story about Joe Biden and John Kerry?
I am stating facts. I will leave it up to you to decide the motivation.
As for the interpreter, he isn't asking to be evacuated because one time he did one thing. He served the US Army for years, and he has plenty of written documentation from servicemen testifying to his service, loyalty, sacrifice, and bravery on behalf of the United States.
Pure BS!!! It is being portrayed as I saved you and you are leaving me to die?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1089 on: September 01, 2021, 10:03:03 AM »
The interpreter at best was along for the ride on whatever you want to call what they did.
There is a claim that this interpreter was a part of the helicopter incident with Blackwater? I didn't see that. Can you point to where that was said, or maybe you are conflating 2 separate stories?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 01, 2021, 10:07:21 AM »
I am stating facts. I will leave it up to you to decide the motivation.

Your "facts" don't have anything to do with what happened; just on how FOX reported it. Gotta be the first time I've seen you take FOX as Gospel.

Pure BS!!! It is being portrayed as I saved you and you are leaving me to die?

Portrayed by who? You know he was approved to be evacuated years ago already, with his whole family? The only reason he's still there is because someone lost some paperwork. The Biden story is just him saying, "Hey, I risked my life for you. Don't pretend I don't exist. You know you're supposed to take me with you. Don't let some paperwork cost me and my family our lives."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 01, 2021, 10:08:15 AM »
There is a claim that this interpreter was a part of the helicopter incident with Blackwater? I didn't see that. Can you point to where that was said, or maybe you are conflating 2 separate stories?

The claim is that he was part of the military operation to rescue the senators. The military disputes Blackwater's involvement.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 01, 2021, 10:50:18 AM »
The claim is that he was part of the military operation to rescue the senators. The military disputes Blackwater's involvement.
My understanding is he was employed by Blackwater who was on the same mission. Their version is the military got lost and they actually got the senators out.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 01, 2021, 10:54:03 AM »
My understanding is he was employed by Blackwater who was on the same mission. Their version is the military got lost and they actually got the senators out.

At the end of the day, we'll never really know what happened, and it's really irrelevant to whether we should be saving his life or not.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 01, 2021, 11:00:28 AM »
At the end of the day, we'll never really know what happened, and it's really irrelevant to whether we should be saving his life or not.
The thing is yes he and others should be saved. No need to make it seem like he saved Biden's life when he didn't.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1095 on: September 01, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
The thing is yes he and others should be saved. No need to make it seem like he saved Biden's life when he didn't.
Did he not play the part he was supposed to in that operation? Yes, bringing that in is a plea to emotions-nobody is claiming he took a bullet intended for Biden.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 01, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »

He didn't "save Biden's life." He risked his life as part of the operation to rescue Biden. He isn't claiming to have single handedly carried Biden out on his back.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 01, 2021, 11:25:35 AM »
Yes, bringing that in is a plea to emotions..
That is exactly why they did it and embellished on the story.
It is like saying I go with a ride-around with police and then claim I helped with the arrest.
He helped on 100+ missions and should be evacuated but no more than anyone else that did what he did.

This way I asked from day one how many should be evacuated. Because I knew no matter how many they evacuated the haters would say you didn't get this person or that person. Biden screwed up but the evacuation was a massive success. 120k+ saved but it seems that don't matter.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 01, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »
It is like saying I go with a ride-around with police and then claim I helped with the arrest.

You really need to work on your analogies. Dude wasn't along for a thrill ride. The story goes that he actively participated by keeping locals away when they started to get too close.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 01, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »
The story goes that he actively participated by keeping locals away when they started to get too close.
LOL

With Afghan solders "When curious locals came too close, Mohammed would use a bullhorn to tell them to go away."

I can you use the loudspeaker in the police car and do the same thing.  :)