Topic Wiki

If you post breaking news in this thread, please consider also linking to it or quoting it in the following thread for people who just want to get breaking news updates without discussion:

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=134768.0

Continue posting the news here as well, so that people can discuss it.

Telegram channels (mostly in Hebrew) for news updates (no specific order):

https://t.me/hamearbev
https://t.me/amitsegal
https://t.me/yedidya_epshteyn
https://t.me/abusalehg1 - This is Abu Saleh, the most reliable news and analysis, due to his thoroughness sometimes news comes later than other channels
https://t.me/abualiexpress
https://t.me/englishabuali
https://t.me/hadashotham
https://t.me/newss93
https://t.me/US2020US
https://t.me/New_security8200

Arab sources in English:
https://t.me/MuhammadSmiry
https://t.me/TIMESOFGAZA
https://t.me/warmonitors

Arab sources in Arabic
https://t.me/hamza20300
https://t.me/gazanownews

« Last edited by ExGingi on November 27, 2023, 05:15:11 PM »

Author Topic: ISRAEL-HAMAS SIMCHAT TORAH WAR NEWS AND DISCUSSION  (Read 733194 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: ISRAEL-HAMAS SIMCHAT TORAH WAR NEWS AND DISCUSSION
« Reply #9940 on: April 13, 2024, 10:29:53 PM »
No expertise on this side either, but there were likely no "returning" Iranian planes, Iran just sent missiles and drones, they obviously didn't and wouldn't dare to bomb directly with their jets. Also, no way a single disguised Israeli jet can do anything to Iran's nuclear facilities deep down underground, a whole squadron of heavy bombers loaded with bunker busters if anything.
indeed. I was just putting in some red herring in case Iran was monitoring my posts...

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: April 13, 2024, 10:32:22 PM »
This was too unprecedented for a coordinated attack that is just lip service. As I just heard a commentator said, that’s the attitude that brought us October 7th, and Iran is working on nuclear capabilities, they need a strong enough response to deter them in the future.
Punkt Farkert. As you just said, Iran has the capabilities to send a much larger barrage which would have definitely overwhelmed the Israeli defense systems if they would have chosen to go that route. They obviously chose not to do that and go the lip service route to try and claim a political win without causing a wider conflict. As we know right now there was not a single casualty in Israel.

Doing what you suggest will not end pretty for either side and neither side wants it.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: April 13, 2024, 10:34:42 PM »
Punkt Farkert. As you just said, Iran has the capabilities to send a much larger barrage which would have definitely overwhelmed the Israeli defense systems if they would have chosen to go that route. They obviously chose not to do that and go the lip service route to try and claim a political win without causing a wider conflict. As we know right now there was not a single casualty in Israel.

Doing what you suggest will not end pretty for either side and neither side wants it.
I think that Iran is purposefully trying to calm the tensions because they are afraid of an attack against their nuclear projects. They are just biding them time until they complete their bombs and can go big. I don't think it's so simple that Israel should just take the bait and back off.

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: April 13, 2024, 10:45:48 PM »

The only thing I agree with you about is that we disagree :P
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9945 on: April 13, 2024, 10:47:21 PM »
The only thing I agree with you about is that we disagree :P

So where exactly are you between him and this? :)

Iran needs to tread lightly or Theran will get wiped off the face of the planet.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: April 13, 2024, 10:51:07 PM »
So where exactly are you between him and this? :)

Things would look much worse for Teheran if their attack tonight was R”L successful. If Israel hits Iran in its ability to export oil, that could threaten the Iranian regime.

Offline HudZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #9948 on: April 13, 2024, 11:04:08 PM »
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: April 13, 2024, 11:04:26 PM »
What did he say

“Earlier today, Iran—and its proxies operating out of Yemen, Syria and Iraq—launched an unprecedented air attack against military facilities in Israel. I condemn these attacks in the strongest possible terms.

At my direction, to support the defense of Israel, the U.S. military moved aircraft and ballistic missile defense destroyers to the region over the course of the past week.  Thanks to these deployments and the extraordinary skill of our servicemembers, we helped Israel take down nearly all of the incoming drones and missiles.

I’ve just spoken with Prime Minister Netanyahu to reaffirm America’s ironclad commitment to the security of Israel.  I told him that Israel demonstrated a remarkable capacity to defend against and defeat even unprecedented attacks – sending a clear message to its foes that they cannot effectively threaten the security of Israel.

Tomorrow, I will convene my fellow G7 leaders to coordinate a united diplomatic response to Iran’s brazen attack.  My team will engage with their counterparts across the region.  And we will stay in close touch with Israel’s leaders.  And while we have not seen attacks on our forces or facilities today, we will remain vigilant to all threats and will not hesitate to take all necessary action to protect our people.”

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: April 13, 2024, 11:18:19 PM »
"Tomorrow, I will convene my fellow G7 leaders to coordinate a united diplomatic response to Iran’s brazen attack.  My team will engage with their counterparts across the region.  And we will stay in close touch with Israel’s leaders.  And while we have not seen attacks on our forces or facilities today, we will remain vigilant to all threats and will not hesitate to take all necessary action to protect our people.”

The ONLY response now is a strong military response. Iran needs to be crushed. Enough with the diplomatic responses.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9951 on: April 13, 2024, 11:23:04 PM »
Biden told Bibi to take tonight as a win and that the US won't be involved in any attack against Iran.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: April 13, 2024, 11:24:37 PM »
The ONLY response now is a strong military response. Iran needs to be crushed. Enough with the diplomatic responses.
And what about missiles coming crashing down in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv r"l? Iran is no Hamas...
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: April 13, 2024, 11:25:21 PM »
Iran's ego is likely already crushed, such a failed attack, both in the amount of missiles/drones used and that almost nothing penetrated to cause any damage.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: April 13, 2024, 11:27:22 PM »
“Earlier today, Iran—and its proxies operating out of Yemen, Syria and Iraq—launched an unprecedented air attack against military facilities in Israel. I condemn these attacks in the strongest possible terms.

At my direction, to support the defense of Israel, the U.S. military moved aircraft and ballistic missile defense destroyers to the region over the course of the past week.  Thanks to these deployments and the extraordinary skill of our servicemembers, we helped Israel take down nearly all of the incoming drones and missiles.

I’ve just spoken with Prime Minister Netanyahu to reaffirm America’s ironclad commitment to the security of Israel.  I told him that Israel demonstrated a remarkable capacity to defend against and defeat even unprecedented attacks – sending a clear message to its foes that they cannot effectively threaten the security of Israel.

Tomorrow, I will convene my fellow G7 leaders to coordinate a united diplomatic response to Iran’s brazen attack.  My team will engage with their counterparts across the region.  And we will stay in close touch with Israel’s leaders.  And while we have not seen attacks on our forces or facilities today, we will remain vigilant to all threats and will not hesitate to take all necessary action to protect our people.”

seriously??

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: April 13, 2024, 11:29:55 PM »
Biden and Iran are now on the same page, both want the matter to be deemed concluded.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: April 13, 2024, 11:44:35 PM »

That’s a statement, not a readout of the call.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: April 13, 2024, 11:45:30 PM »
Biden told Bibi to take tonight as a win and that the US won't be involved in any attack against Iran.

That’s fine. As long as they won’t stop Israel, the IDF can manage attacking Iran on its own.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: April 13, 2024, 11:49:38 PM »
the US won't be involved in any attack against Iran.
Iran breathing a sigh of relief.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9959 on: April 14, 2024, 12:02:44 AM »
That’s fine. As long as they won’t stop Israel, the IDF can manage attacking Iran on its own.
I don't think Israel can attack their nuclear facilities without US help.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.