Author Topic: cheapoair.com  (Read 8081 times)

Offline Crazy tools

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
cheapoair.com
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »
im looking at a flight from phl to tlv stopping in london, i only found it on cheapoair at a very cheap price, no other search engines pulled this up. cheapoair is not telling me the name of the carrier but is telling me thats its by a member of either star alliance,oneworld or skyteam. i never heard of cheapoair.com before, has anyone had either a good or bad experiance with them and is there anything to be nervous about?? thanks
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:01:31 PM by Dan »

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: cheapoair.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »
im looking at a flight from phl to tlv stopping in london, i only found it on cheapoair at a very cheap price, no other search engines pulled this up. cheapoair is not telling me the name of the carrier but is telling me thats its by a member of either star alliance,oneworld or skyteam. i never heard of cheapoair.com before, has anyone had either a good or bad experiance with them and is there anything to be nervous about?? thanks

Don't know if this helps, but it sure looks fun: http://cheapoair.pissedconsumer.com/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
Don't know if this helps, but it sure looks fun: http://cheapoair.pissedconsumer.com/
Can't you just do that for any company?
http://amazon.pissedconsumer.com/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
why don't you just look at the exact fligt times and try on kayak to see where they are sending you? (I understand this might not really be your question.)

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:16 PM »

I used them to go to Israel for Sukkos time and it was fine. They told me something to the effect of "a major carrier" or something like that. I simply went on another booking engine and found the exact times - turned out they were the times I already knew by heart for BA's flights from LAX-LHR-TLV and back and I was guaranteed a flight on BA because of that. I didn't have any issues with my tickets and I was able to utilize MMB almost instantaneously on ba.com. The tickets (if on BA) are not upgradeable as if you were to buy them on ba.com but they were much cheaper (read: $300/pp for 8 people). Also since the trip was underwritten by someone else (including pre-reserved seats), I splurged and bought the difference in price from a regular seat to an exit row (and boy did it make a difference!). That's just my experience with them... YMMV I guess.

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Can't you just do that for any company?
http://amazon.pissedconsumer.com/

It looks like a "hate/complaint" website, so any (and all) websites are potentially on there. Doesn't seem like they have anything on DD's 

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
It looks like a "hate/complaint" website, so any (and all) websites are potentially on there.

+1
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
I called them up and they said it's a British air flight & gave me the flight numbers, So I'm just curious if anyone had a bad experiance with them. Also you can google kayak scam and get alot of pissed customers to!!

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 02:54:17 PM »
I called them up and they said it's a British air flight & gave me the flight numbers, So I'm just curious if anyone had a bad experiance with them. Also you can google kayak scam and get alot of pissed customers to!!

I gave my 2cents above and they worked just fine for my BA flights.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:18 PM »
They're legit.  And they have an advertising link for DD too :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »
I had a relative who bought a pretty complicated tix via them, and even added some extra $$ for the insurance.

Tachless he slipped @ the check-in in the airport, and they just refunded $150....

The tix costed around $1000.

I was busy with the booking and managed to save it directly with the airline, so if everything goes well during the trip, you are safe...

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 05:47:38 AM »
I booked my flight trough cheapoair for about 700, ba wanted over 1500 for the same flight. I got my confirmation email & checked on ba.com and it all looks good. Thanks everyone

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
I searched CLE to TLV from May 29 to June 13, and oddly enough, the 'hidden' fare ended up being $100 higher than the displayed fare (on El Al) once final taxes (over $500) were taken into account.
Dang

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »
Does anyone have any success stories in regard to getting cheapoair to waive the fees on a flight change?
In this case a ticket was booked without realizing that there is an airport change on moscow that can't be done without a visa and its to late to get one

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 08:59:35 AM »
Does anyone have any success stories in regard to getting cheapoair to waive the fees on a flight change?
In this case a ticket was booked without realizing that there is an airport change on moscow that can't be done without a visa and its to late to get one

Dont see why you would get it waived. its a voluntary change. (next time use an agent :) )
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 09:04:44 AM »
Dont see why you would get it waived. its a voluntary change. (next time use an agent :) )
i didnt say i was entitled to a change,i plan to push. if there is room for a finger ill push my entire body in the door.
what would an agent be able to do now?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:42:56 AM by Emkay »

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:36:13 AM »
Book Israel tickets a while ago and I just noticed a $15 charge on my last months CC bill from CHEAPOAIR.COM, anyone get a similar charge or know what its from?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
Anyone know about how long they take to issue a ticket after booking?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »
I've read mixed reviews about Cheapoair - any recent thoughts on booking with them?

They are the only place I can find to book a flight I see on ITAMATRIX
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
I've read mixed reviews about Cheapoair - any recent thoughts on booking with them?

They are the only place I can find to book a flight I see on ITAMATRIX
Don't want to try a real, live TA?