Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 284479 times)

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »

By continuously dismissing this machoh as some kind of "machlokes" that we don't and cant understand, you are in essence supporting this nevoloh shenasis beyisroel.

Calling any discussion about this a "chillul hashem" or "bizayon hatorah" is again an attempt to allow this avala and rishus to continue.

You don't have to participate, but please stop with the pathetic attempts at defending the perpetrators of this crime.

This in not just directed at cs50
This shouldn't be directed at cs50 at all as he states that its a terrible thing that happened, but the question is how will this help all of us just sitting by computers calling people out for it?
The hell that awaits people that are bad mouthing rabbonim is worth it just to be right?

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
I am not the husband nor have I met him - I have a friend who is a relative of his
So you are biased!

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
So you are biased!
And so are you - We all have biases

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:49 PM »

By continuously dismissing this machoh as some kind of "machlokes" that we don't and cant understand, you are in essence supporting this nevoloh shenasis beyisroel.

Calling any discussion about this a "chillul hashem" or "bizayon hatorah" is again an attempt to allow this avala and rishus to continue.

You don't have to participate, but please stop with the pathetic attempts at defending the perpetrators of this crime.

This in not just directed at cs50
First of all I was referring to the whole story of this divorce or not-divorce as a chillul Hashem and bizayon hatorah- not this discussion. So calm down. Second of all please tell me honestly that you think you are getting olam habah for starting/posting in this thread. Because if you honestly believe that then I will stop cause we just can agree to disagree. But deep down I think (and I'm able to say "I think" because that's all this thread is, is people saying what they think. [i understand there were facts brought out in his thread- I am not arguing on any fact] that the real reason for this thread was not lsheim shamayim. It was the same reason for most of the JS- which is hock. So I wasn't mocking I was just doing what everyone else does here. If you got a problem with it or feel threatened the  take a long walk off a short pier. And bring a box of tissues with you.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2015, 08:06:38 PM »
Actually on this story I'm not, I don't know the details, nor do I think I'm a posek that can judge this case. Yes the facts don't look good but who am I to decide and call rabbonim out for it?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
You post like someone who has a personal negiah and not a casual bystander
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:14 PM »

You post like someone who has a personal negiah and not a casual bystander
When people are callin out rabbis everyone is nogeya. But then again you don't get that concept.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »
When people are callin out rabbis everyone is nogeya. But then again you don't get that concept.
Why are you attacking me?

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »
But for the exact opposite reason

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:51 PM »
Actually on this story I'm not, I don't know the details, nor do I think I'm a posek that can judge this case. Yes the facts don't look good but who am I to decide and call rabbonim out for it?
You just stated your bias - You would tend to believe Rabbonim - Now that may in fact be a good thing but that's still a basis

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »

Why are you attacking me?
Not attacking you- attacking everyone that has the same agenda as you. Don't worry you are part a big group of people on this thread. And btw you afraid of attacked? You have no problem attacking rabbis but you have a problem getting attacked. Your a real man.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
Here is your agenda again. Defending the indefensible.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
You just stated your bias - You would tend to believe Rabbonim - Now that may in fact be a good thing but that's still a basis
How is that biased I said I don't know or even claim to know enough of this case to make a judgement on who to follow

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
Not attacking you- attacking everyone that has the same agenda as you. Don't worry you are part a big group of people on this thread. And btw you afraid of attacked? You have no problem attacking rabbis but you have a problem getting attacked. Your a real man.
I don't have an agenda and never attacked any rabbonim. Not afraid of being attacked, just curious why

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 30, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »

I don't have an agenda and never attached any rabbonim. Not afraid of being attacked, just curious why
Honestly- kind of upset that so many people  care more about hock than kavod for rabbis. Rabbis make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. You are not allowed to blast a rabbi for making a mistake. There are ways of doing things in Judaism. Just like a married women can get married without getting a get first also you can't Bakst rabbis. No matter how grave of a mistake was made. Many great people have written about the horrible sin of talking bad about rabbis (and that is a fact- since we are so into facts on this thread). In all the letters written against this "heter" no one (to the best if my knowledge) called out any rabbi by name because they understand you can call out a rabbi and say bad about him. But for some reason people here think otherwise and that they are doing G-ds work by calling rabbis out. And again I repeat this whole story is horrible. Something obviously went wrong but that doesn't change the fact that there are great big rabbis- yes rabbis- that say this is not the way to go about it by us simpletons.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 30, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »
Simpletons.

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 30, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 30, 2015, 08:30:55 PM »
Honestly- kind of upset that so many people  care more about hock than kavod for rabbis. Rabbis make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. You are not allowed to blast a rabbi for making a mistake. There are ways of doing things in Judaism. Just like a married women can get married without getting a get first also you can't Bakst rabbis. No matter how grave of a mistake was made. Many great people have written about the horrible sin of talking bad about rabbis (and that is a fact- since we are so into facts on this thread). In all the letters written against this "heter" no one (to the best if my knowledge) called out any rabbi by name because they understand you can call out a rabbi and say bad about him. But for some reason people here think otherwise and that they are doing G-ds work by calling rabbis out. And again I repeat this whole story is horrible. Something obviously went wrong but that doesn't change the fact that there are great big rabbis- yes rabbis- that say this is not the way to go about it by us simpletons.
cs50 - Calm down - Ergel is on your side.

Gee wiz the people here

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »

cs50 - Calm down - Ergel is on your side.

Gee wiz the people here
You see what this thread is doing to me?
I just took a Xanax. Actually I took 2

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
THey mention names for you in a very unflattery way
http://daattorah.blogspot.com/2015/11/tamar-epstein-heter-new-letter-from.html