Topic Wiki

Try calling amex, many people have been offered 50k for $10k spend when upgrading

50k https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/upgrade/pa/business-platinum-charge-card/login/44926-9-1-WOC0000416
25K bonus sign up link
DEAD
Alternative 30K bonus sign up link DEAD
(Go Incognito if the link does not work for you.) Sometimes you have to go thru the entering cc info route, bec. the user id route doesn't work sometimes.

New link - https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openplatinum/benefit.do?benefitTemplate=template_a&benefitId=open.platinumupdates

Q: It's been a few days since I applied and the changes haven't taken effect yet , should I worry?
A: No. That's perfectly normal.

Q: I'm in my first year of my gold card, will I be charged the AF when I downgrade back?
A:
Yes you will

The cheshbon is that you upgrade, get the points, buy the AA GC's do the Platinum Guy's Great Mehalech, then downgrade back or close and get the Annual Fee of the Plat reimbursed. If cancelled within 60 days you get it all back; if more than 60 days it is prorated.

Author Topic: Upgrade From AMEX Business Gold To Business Platinum And Get 25K MR!  (Read 489535 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Link is dead...just tried it. Also, might be against house rules

Not against the rules. Did you try it in a different browser? your cookies might be messing with it.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Isn't the link customer specific? I don't want to get in trouble with AMEX for spreading a targeted link that can be traced back to me...I'll try another browser

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Nope. Just tried in IE:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request with the information provided. To apply for an American Express® Business card, call the phone number included in your offer.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nope. Just tried in IE:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request with the information provided. To apply for an American Express® Business card, call the phone number included in your offer.

Hmmmph. Maybe it dies once you use it...
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Hmmmph. Maybe it dies once you use it...
it does i tried it from a couple of dif accounts all were chad pami

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
it does i tried it from a couple of dif accounts all were chad pami

Transferable?

Offline dans fan

• View Profile

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
That explains everything.
i did it for a couple of ppl we all got charged 225 no matter when we opened the acc (i guess we all upgraded within 1 month of eachother)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
chad pami

Right,, but if the person who was targeted doesn't want to upgrade, can I use it instead?

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
(i didnt realize what you were asking) i tried that to it doesnt work its a direct thing when you click link you dont put any invit # or res # if i remember corectly you dont even put in your cc number (i think just 4 dig security) cant get more targeted than that

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
so has anyone upgraded using the targeted offer and been successful in having them match the 100k bus plat offer (I think its bonus ID 5999)?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
so has anyone upgraded using the targeted offer and been successful in having them match the 100k bus plat offer (I think its bonus ID 5999)?

I doubt that would work as the offer you're matching is targeted to new Plat applicants, not existing cardholders who upgrade.

Offline Steven

• View Profile
I doubt that would work as the offer you're matching is targeted to new Plat applicants, not existing cardholders who upgrade.
can they see that I only got it as an upgrade and not as a new applicant?

Offline Steven

• View Profile
I got the prg bus about a yr ago (50k mr after spending $10k). I got matched to the 100k bus prg (back in the good old days :), they actualy gave me another 85k!  I was then offered to upgrade to bus plat (another 25k after spending $1, plus $200 airline credit) which I did. I then downgraded to the reg bus prg to avoid the fee. I was then offered again to upgrade to the bus plat (with another offer for 25k after spending $1) which I gladly went ahead did. I was hoping to get the $200 credit in before dec 31 and another one next calendar year. I purchased the gcs on 12/12 but still havent seen any credit back yet. should I assume I will not get it because the card is the same number as the first time I got the credit that I will not get it this time? I know it takes some time for credits to post, but I was wondering if anyone else went double dipping on the upgrade  can share their experience with me? I think it would def be a record if this goes through, one card 185k mr points and $600 airline credit in one year ;D

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
I was denied the bonus points on such an upgrade because they saw I had done it and downgraded about a year and a half before. I tried to fight and say they offered it to me, but MR would not give in. Did get the whole fee refunded, though.

Offline Steven

• View Profile
I was denied the bonus points on such an upgrade because they saw I had done it and downgraded about a year and a half before. I tried to fight and say they offered it to me, but MR would not give in. Did get the whole fee refunded, though.
I have a screen shot of the second time, any chance that would make a difference? were you successful in at least getting the airline credit?
thanks

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
This was before the airline credit benefit, no I did not have the screenshot. This was over a year ago, so way before the current climate, even.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
Anyone have recent luck being upgraded for a benefit?
I just sent them a SM, and am waiting for a response...

Offline jblack

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
is there any offer # to refrence when trying to get this upgrade?

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Is this an email that you guys are getting for the upgrade offer?