Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2471907 times)

Offline AharonInIsrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6680 on: November 06, 2014, 06:08:48 PM »
Googling that didn't help me get it. Anyone care to share?
Just a joke, PM sent

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: November 10, 2014, 12:25:58 PM »
I have a personal app in the system now that recon told me they sent a "suggested approval" for to a manager and I can see that status in 2 days. Never had this before. Will HUCA just result in someone telling me that it's under management approval or can I HUCA and skip this waiting period?

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6682 on: November 10, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »
I have a personal app in the system now that recon told me they sent a "suggested approval" for to a manager and I can see that status in 2 days. Never had this before. Will HUCA just result in someone telling me that it's under management approval or can I HUCA and skip this waiting period?

IDK the answer to your Q but "suggested/recommended for approval" has happened to me a bunch of times, and I've always gotten the card just by waiting at that point.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: November 10, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »
IDK the answer to your Q but "suggested/recommended for approval" has happened to me a bunch of times, and I've always gotten the card just by waiting at that point.
Thanks, that's definitely good to know.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: November 10, 2014, 04:38:21 PM »

Same here.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
I HUCAed just to see what would happen and the rep reviewed it and denied me. I was wondering if that will negate the earlier call where I was told a manager will review it (and supposedly, usually approve it) so I called back again and told the rep that a manager was supposed to review it and could he check if that review happened. He came back and said it was reviewed and denied, so yeah, maybe I messed it up a bit.

Offline caliheat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Any possibility of HUCA reconsider for credit issues?

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: November 11, 2014, 10:52:43 AM »
I HUCAed just to see what would happen and the rep reviewed it and denied me. I was wondering if that will negate the earlier call where I was told a manager will review it (and supposedly, usually approve it) so I called back again and told the rep that a manager was supposed to review it and could he check if that review happened. He came back and said it was reviewed and denied, so yeah, maybe I messed it up a bit.
OMG I GOT APPROVED!!!

I don't care how many cards one may have opened, I get excited every time I hear "approved" ESPECIALLY from a recon/HUCA after you've been told "no".

5th HUCA for this card. Was able to close down a card that last night 2 reps told me I couldn't do. :-) Now, iy"h, the churn should be successful and SW CP here we come!

Offline Novo

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #6688 on: November 11, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »
OMG I GOT APPROVED!!!

I don't care how many cards one may have opened, I get excited every time I hear "approved" ESPECIALLY from a recon/HUCA after you've been told "no".

5th HUCA for this card. Was able to close down a card that last night 2 reps told me I couldn't do. :-) Now, iy"h, the churn should be successful and SW CP here we come!
Congrats! Did you get 2 SW cards? Which 2?
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: November 11, 2014, 10:59:45 AM »
Congrats! Did you get 2 SW cards? Which 2?
Thanks!

Plus and Premier (consumer for both).

Last go around I had both Premiers. I hope the new FFN works, but for now at least step 1 of getting the cards approved is done.

Offline Novo

• View Profile
« Reply #6690 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Thanks!

Plus and Premier (consumer for both).

Last go around I had both Premiers. I hope the new FFN works, but for now at least step 1 of getting the cards approved is done.
Nice. Did you have to recon on both? How did you explain a need for 2 similar cards?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: November 11, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »
OMG I GOT APPROVED!!!

Congrats. You give hope to the masses.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: November 11, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
Nice. Did you have to recon on both? How did you explain a need for 2 similar cards?
Neither were approved instantly. And I actually messed up by applying Sunday night a few minutes before recon closed. I called about 5 minutes before close, but the system already had them as "closed" and wouldn't get me a rep on the phone. So I had to call on Monday.

The Plus app actually gave me a reference ID (which I always like instead of having to give over my SSN to recon and have them be like, "Well, which of the 3 apps that are on your SSN do you want to discuss?"). My first call with that Plus reference ID was successful after offering to close my UA card.

I then called for the Premier card and my first call ended with the message above that she would recommend an approval for a manager to review. I didn't have patience to wait on that (as you mentioned it has always meant an approval for you in the past) so I called back last night asking if a manager had reviewed it yet and the regular rep said they could review it now without needing a manager. He reviewed it and rejected it. 2 more HUCAs last night got the same result. Classic recon telling me they see notes it was rejected already and they wouldn't budge - told me the regular Sapphire I wanted to close wasn't "closeable" for this purpose. Today, my wonderful agent said no problem and closed my 1+ year old card and moved the CL over.

Not once did anyone ask anything about getting 2 SW cards. Strange, but I'm not complaining! Baruch Hashem!

Offline Novo

• View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: November 11, 2014, 11:37:33 AM »
Neither were approved instantly. And I actually messed up by applying Sunday night a few minutes before recon closed. I called about 5 minutes before close, but the system already had them as "closed" and wouldn't get me a rep on the phone. So I had to call on Monday.

The Plus app actually gave me a reference ID (which I always like instead of having to give over my SSN to recon and have them be like, "Well, which of the 3 apps that are on your SSN do you want to discuss?"). My first call with that Plus reference ID was successful after offering to close my UA card.

I then called for the Premier card and my first call ended with the message above that she would recommend an approval for a manager to review. I didn't have patience to wait on that (as you mentioned it has always meant an approval for you in the past) so I called back last night asking if a manager had reviewed it yet and the regular rep said they could review it now without needing a manager. He reviewed it and rejected it. 2 more HUCAs last night got the same result. Classic recon telling me they see notes it was rejected already and they wouldn't budge - told me the regular Sapphire I wanted to close wasn't "closeable" for this purpose. Today, my wonderful agent said no problem and closed my 1+ year old card and moved the CL over.

Not once did anyone ask anything about getting 2 SW cards. Strange, but I'm not complaining! Baruch Hashem!
Lucky you. I'll also be going for those 2 cards. I really wanted to take a break but... Churning is really addictive...

Offline caliheat

• View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: November 11, 2014, 11:57:55 AM »
Any possibility of HUCA reconsider for credit issues?
They said that the minimum amount for a credit line is 5K, therefore cannot approve based on credit report. (5+ HUCA)
Is this worth pursuing?

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »
They said that the minimum amount for a credit line is 5K, therefore cannot approve based on credit report. (5+ HUCA)
Is this worth pursuing?
You have no credit to move?
Getting 5K CL when they don't want to give it to you is almost impossible.

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: November 11, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
You have no credit to move?
Getting 5K CL when they don't want to give it to you is almost impossible.
got approved for hyatt with 33k
then called up about csp and they moved 5k from my freedom (hyatt wasnt officially set up yet)
then applied for united and they gave me 10k without moving anything

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: November 11, 2014, 12:02:04 PM »
Is this worth pursuing?
You don't have any chase cards yet ?

Offline caliheat

• View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
I am working on credit re-build after a few year lapse (....bad stuff)
Nothing to work with but got 2 Amex and 1 Barclays recently approved.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: November 11, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
OMG I GOT APPROVED!!!

Congrats, lucky you!