Author Topic: Chase sapphire preferred 80,000 UR sign up bonus  (Read 53665 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chase sapphire preferred 80,000 UR sign up bonus
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2021, 10:41:27 AM »
I don't know what I would do if I was blogger but can a case be made that a blogger should mention in branch option in its main post as well to give its readers a choice which way they would like to apply.  Although the difference may be small to most some people may prefer the AF waived than the grocery credit for different reasons etc...

I totally hear the side of helping the blogger especially in a case like Dan and JJ who do so much for us thank you again!

The other side though is that the reader maybe should have final say after all options are laid out on the table by the bloggers as at the end of the day Panassah min Hashamayim so I dont think the blogger can go wrong here.  It only reinforces his faith and being completely up front?  But maybe I am biased as well coming from the reader's perspective but not sure just laying it out.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2021, 10:49:12 AM »
I don't know what I would do if I was blogger but can a case be made that a blogger should mention in branch option in its main post as well to give its readers a choice which way they would like to apply.  Although the difference may be small to most some people may prefer the AF waived than the grocery credit for different reasons etc...

I totally hear the side of helping the blogger especially in a case like Dan and JJ who do so much for us thank you again!

The other side though is that the reader maybe should have final say after all options are laid out on the table by the bloggers as at the end of the day Panassah min Hashamayim so I dont think the blogger can go wrong here.  It only reinforces his faith and being completely up front?  But maybe I am biased as well coming from the reader's perspective but not sure just laying it out.
+100
Especially in cases like this
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2021, 11:15:13 AM »

+100
Especially in cases like this
Spoken like people who aren't aware of the contracts, requirements, and compliance in place, never mind the need for the business to pay the bills and survive.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2021, 11:32:57 AM »
Spoken like people who aren't aware of the contracts, requirements, and compliance in place, never mind the need for the business to pay the bills and survive.

Are you contractually or otherwise prohibited from mentioning in branch option? Otherwise you are right I have no idea what you have to navigate

as to your second point again I am not sure what I would do in your situation and I may also have done as you did; however I am not saying you should always take this route of laying out all options when their is profit to be made.  I am saying in these situations where the offers differ should you lay it all out as again bills and survival we all or most of us here believe come from Hashem.  I just don't see how you can go wrong here by laying out all the options in these specific situations.  I cant imagine globally you would be affected if parnassah is min hashayaim by going the extra mile.  You would stand only to gain from your readers and in shamayim. 

Online lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2021, 11:34:19 AM »
Very impressed that you are willing to discuss these things, even though people are attacking and unaware of what goes on behind the scenes.

Online lcm

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2021, 11:36:18 AM »

I am saying in these situations where the offers differ should you lay it all out as again bills and survival we all or most of us here believe come from Hashem.  I just don't see how you can go wrong here by laying out all the options in these specific situations.  I cant imagine globally you would be affected if parnassah is min hashayaim by going the extra mile.  You would stand only to gain from your readers and in shamayim.

And another thread turned a religious discussion

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »

I am saying in these situations where the offers differ should you lay it all out as again bills and survival we all or most of us here believe come from Hashem.  I just don't see how you can go wrong here by laying out all the options in these specific situations.  I cant imagine globally you would be affected if parnassah is min hashayaim by going the extra mile.  You would stand only to gain from your readers and in shamayim.
You know this applies to you too? If Hashem wanted you to get the points/money He'd find a way. Don't project your bitachon on someone else.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2021, 11:40:56 AM »
Are you contractually or otherwise prohibited from mentioning in branch option? Otherwise you are right I have no idea what you have to navigate

as to your second point again I am not sure what I would do in your situation and I may also have done as you did; however I am not saying you should always take this route of laying out all options when their is profit to be made.  I am saying in these situations where the offers differ should you lay it all out as again bills and survival we all or most of us here believe come from Hashem.  I just don't see how you can go wrong here by laying out all the options in these specific situations.  I cant imagine globally you would be affected if parnassah is min hashayaim by going the extra mile.  You would stand only to gain from your readers and in shamayim. 
Considering that the contract terms are under NDA, I have nothing else to add to what I already said. As always, we our grateful for our readers support.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2021, 11:41:25 AM »
Very impressed that you are willing to discuss these things, even though people are attacking and unaware of what goes on behind the scenes.

If you notice our comments we have been very respectful and far from "attacking" but like they say  just calling it as I see it.  Maybe be totally wrong but maybe not

Online lcm

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2021, 11:42:34 AM »
If you notice our comments we have been very respectful and far from "attacking" but like they say  just calling it as I see it.  Maybe be totally wrong but maybe not
I was considering putting attacking in quotes

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2021, 11:48:51 AM »
You know this applies to you too? If Hashem wanted you to get the points/money He'd find a way. Don't project your bitachon on someone else.

???
Of course this applies to all of us.  Not following you point.  We are talking about a specific issue and what's appropriate.  Like I stated over and over I am not sure what I would do then again if I see something I can call it out.  Criticism can be constructive and does not need to be personal. 

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Chase sapphire preferred 80,000 UR sign up bonus
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2021, 11:52:35 AM »
???
Of course this applies to all of us.  Not following you point.  We are talking about a specific issue and what's appropriate.  Like I stated over and over I am not sure what I would do then again if I see something I can call it out.  Criticism can be constructive and does not need to be personal.
Wasn't a personal attack - was using the proverbial "you".

My point is that you can't bring "parnassah min hashamayim" to a debate where both sides have skin in the game. Additionally, one side's level of bitachon may be different than the others, thus it's a completely useless argument.

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2021, 12:42:17 PM »
Wasn't a personal attack - was using the proverbial "you".

My point is that you can't bring "parnassah min hashamayim" to a debate where both sides have skin in the game. Additionally, one side's level of bitachon may be different than the others, thus it's a completely useless argument.

It can spur someone to ask an objective third party nothing wrong with that. 
I agree people with skin in the game should not decide issues but to raise it and seek a more objective opinion and/or spur someone to think about it more....

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
Depends how you value your time I guess. Need to go into the branch and spend X amount of time doing that, all to save $45.
Deprives a blogger of your choice from a lot more income than that, though I get that's not a primary factor. Clearly I'm biased here, but JJ and I and our families certainly appreciate those who use our links :)
maskim especially if you applying for DW and gonna need to drag her out of the house before pesach  ;D

i plan on applied now thru your link for DW IYH. any other chase cards worth getting to do a 2BM? DW already has the freedom and freedom unlimited also ink cash(converted from ink preferred) TIA

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2021, 01:06:11 PM »
maskim especially if you applying for DW and gonna need to drag her out of the house before pesach  ;D

i plan on applied now thru your link for DW IYH. any other chase cards worth getting to do a 2BM? DW already has the freedom and freedom unlimited also ink cash(converted from ink preferred) TIA
United? Hyatt?

Offline Moshe26

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2021, 01:22:43 PM »
United? Hyatt?
Let me check out the offers. Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
Depends how you value your time I guess. Need to go into the branch and spend X amount of time doing that, all to save $45.
Deprives a blogger of your choice from a lot more income than that, though I get that's not a primary factor. Clearly I'm biased here, but JJ and I and our families certainly appreciate those who use our links :)

Wow, I thought you got like $10 per application or something minimal like that....

Offline Moshe26

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2021, 01:45:53 PM »
Wow, I thought you got like $10 per application or something minimal like that....
i think referrals get 10-20K points

https://www.dansdeals.com/credit-cards/earn-75000-miles-limited-time-bonus-offers-available-4-chase-united-credit-cards-plus-get-expanded-award-availability/
looks like im going to go with the Chase United Business Card. thanks

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
i think referrals get 10-20K points
looks like im going to go with the Chase United Business Card. thanks

I don't think bloggers get paid in points...