Author Topic: United Mileage Plus  (Read 250186 times)

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Mileage Plus
« Reply #920 on: August 28, 2023, 04:49:05 PM »
Is it possible to combine Travel Credits and Travel Bank dollars when purchasing a United ticket online? I'm trying and its not letting me. Anything I'm missing?
Book a random ticket with travel bank (not basic eco) then cancel it for travel credit then combine (wait 24hrs before canceling)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Pesach
« Reply #921 on: August 31, 2023, 08:19:34 PM »
Looking to book an intra-eruope austrian flight with united miles, 6k economy. Any know if:

1. Is that fare cancellable/changeable?
2. Does that fare come with a checked bag?

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 06, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »
Trying to help a family member:

Booked a RT refundable flight last year Sep on United from TLV to EWR when only one leg was needed since it was cheaper than one way. K fare.
After moving the return leg forward several times in an effort to find a time that suits my schedule, it is now scheduled for next week and there's no way I can use it. That's the latest I can move it to (after that it'll be 1+ yr from originally scheduled flight).
I inquired with United about canceling the unused portion for a refund, and they're saying that I can cancel the ticket and they'll deposit whatever value is left over to my United travel bank, but they cannot check the value prior to canceling. Does that sound right? They don't know the ticket valuation prior to canceling?

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 06, 2023, 09:48:13 PM »

Booked a RT refundable flight last year Sep on United from TLV to EWR when only one leg was needed since it was cheaper than one way. K fare.
After moving the return leg forward several times in an effort to find a time that suits my schedule, it is now scheduled for next week and there's no way I can use it. That's the latest I can move it to (after that it'll be 1+ yr from originally scheduled flight).
I inquired with United about canceling the unused portion for a refund, and they're saying that I can cancel the ticket and they'll deposit whatever value is left over to my United travel bank, but they cannot check the value prior to canceling. Does that sound right? They don't know the ticket valuation prior to canceling?
United can, but the phone agent can't...
Alternatively you can construct the same ticket in matrix, and get an idea.

Offline STL EQUITIES

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 06, 2023, 10:47:25 PM »

I once asked them to refund it and I was pleasantly surprised with how much they refunded me- close to half the value.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 06, 2023, 11:06:12 PM »
United can, but the phone agent can't...
Meaning?

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 06, 2023, 11:08:50 PM »

I’m in a similar situation: booked a RT and don’t want to take the way back yet. Debating between keeping the value of the return and using it eventually and requesting a partial refund, which I can’t know how much it’ll be.
BTW, wrong thread for this question.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 07, 2023, 09:11:19 AM »
BTW, wrong thread for this question.
Apologies. Was looking for a generic United thread but couldn't find it.

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #928 on: September 18, 2023, 01:26:44 PM »
I added an infant to my ticket 2 weeks ago and they told me is confirmed and told me she has another confirmation code
i do not see it on my ticket do i need to call them to add it to my confirmation or is it ok to be seperate?
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 18, 2023, 04:27:00 PM »
I added an infant to my ticket 2 weeks ago and they told me is confirmed and told me she has another confirmation code
i do not see it on my ticket do i need to call them to add it to my confirmation or is it ok to be seperate?

can be ok, but more importantly make sure you get a ticket number and save it for reference if they ask for it in the airport

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2023, 05:46:46 PM »
Does anyone know how strict UA is with the *earliest* bag check time in EWR?

I'm thinking of WFH from the club since my wife drives to Newark in the AM, so I don't need to pay for an Uber.

Would probably arrive 9:30am for a flight at 4pm, so not like there's an overnight involved...

Offline mord1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 20, 2023, 12:25:57 AM »
i could not login to my lifemiles account- so I booked 2 saver tickets with united miles-  what are the chances that if i cancel the united tickets- then the saver space will show up again and i can book the tickets with lifemiles?

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 20, 2023, 02:36:56 AM »
How many checked bags do lab children get ewr-tlv on a ua silver booking?

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #933 on: September 22, 2023, 06:45:52 PM »
can be ok, but more importantly make sure you get a ticket number and save it for reference if they ask for it in the airport
I called united and asked them to connect the bookings they said that it is an international lap infant so its on a separate confirmation
So i came to the desk in the airport and they said my infant ticket is not showing up it was on a partner airline so i had to call united and make them connect it to my ticket
Came super early to checkin as i felt they would make me issues for the infant.
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline The Thinker

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 27, 2023, 08:01:46 AM »
If I book a partner airline points ticket with air canada for a united flight, will I still get all the united benefits of a free checked bag and boarding second?

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 27, 2023, 08:24:59 AM »
If I book a partner airline points ticket with air canada for a united flight, will I still get all the united benefits of a free checked bag and boarding second?
Status or credit card benefits?

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 27, 2023, 09:51:51 AM »
Can I call to switch to a Plan B award if I already have an XN award booked?

Offline arflights

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 27, 2023, 11:15:40 AM »
Can I call to switch to a Plan B award if I already have an XN award booked?

That's what "Plan B" is. You're waitlisting Business saver award from economy saver award.
PM me for a good deal on flights

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 27, 2023, 11:17:11 AM »
That's what "Plan B" is. You're waitlisting Business saver award from economy saver award.
Just to add that is easier to get it done right if it's done at the time of booking.

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 27, 2023, 12:35:34 PM »
My question was whether it could only be done when booking or whether they can add it after the fact.