Author Topic: United Mileage Plus  (Read 250323 times)

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Mileage Plus
« Reply #1020 on: December 18, 2023, 11:30:49 PM »
All extension are Israel-based?? TIA
No

Offline raccah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 18, 2023, 11:53:00 PM »
So, there have been others, based in the USA, that have been extended, based on extenuating situations - like canceled United flights that were bound for Israel that would have put them past 1K? If so, could you please let me know how they did this?? I have not received an email and all my calls to 1K have failed.

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 19, 2023, 04:11:00 PM »
So, there have been others, based in the USA, that have been extended, based on extenuating situations - like canceled United flights that were bound for Israel that would have put them past 1K? If so, could you please let me know how they did this?? I have not received an email and all my calls to 1K have failed.
As mentioned many times upthread and on ddms they sent out emails. No one succeeded by request. At least not until after Jan that prob won’t happen. Based on dp seems you would need to have already flown a couple times there in 2023. (2022 not enough AFAICT). Seems pretty fair you can’t expect much more from them although yes it may be a bad move to anger 2022 tlv fliers or 2023 would-have-been-flyers etc.

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 19, 2023, 04:12:22 PM »
So, there have been others, based in the USA, that have been extended
Yes Due to tlv route cancellation.

Offline raccah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 19, 2023, 04:16:15 PM »
As mentioned many times upthread and on ddms they sent out emails. No one succeeded by request. At least not until after Jan that prob won’t happen. Based on dp seems you would need to have already flown a couple times there in 2023. (2022 not enough AFAICT). Seems pretty fair you can’t expect much more from them although yes it may be a bad move to anger 2022 tlv fliers or 2023 would-have-been-flyers etc.

OK, so the key here is that you have flown a few times this year to Israel. Not my case where the flight would have put you into 1K ok, their loss, thanks!

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 20, 2023, 08:00:28 AM »
united sale to australia [inc east coast]  37 - 39k per direction on flights till april 1

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #1026 on: December 22, 2023, 06:47:55 AM »
Did any General meber get an extension to their PQP/PQF's i was about to reach silver and my long haul to israel was canceled at the begining of the war is there any chance to get them to extend my current accurals for another year?
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #1027 on: December 22, 2023, 06:48:53 AM »
Did any General meber get an extension to their PQP/PQF's i was about to reach silver and my long haul to israel was canceled at the begining of the war is there any chance to get them to extend my current accurals for another year?

I called they said to call back the last week of December or first week in Jan and they will see what they can do
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline rangersin4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: -CLASSIFIED-
« Reply #1028 on: December 24, 2023, 08:14:14 PM »
Anyone know how quickly the 500 PQPs post for spending $12k on a Chase Quest CC?
Billing cycle ends mid Jan, but I paid in full now on $12k in spend.

Need those last PQPs to get Plat for '24.

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 28, 2023, 11:27:50 PM »
Was flying UA short haul CPU eligible. Got upgraded morning of. Companion wasn’t, although she was naturally right after me on the list. She was removed from the list altogether and around another 4-5 people after me also cleared, (Started as a pretty booked flight with only 2 open in FC and in all maybe 6-7 cleared) Meaning she definitely would have cleared as she was next after me. They said booking was split off once I was upgraded and so not attached to me at all and therefore not on upgrade list. Obviously Ewr gate agents were to incompetent to even put her back on at the gate, something I’ve done many times in the past when on separate reservations and flying with a companion. Has anyone had this in the past? Could it be every time there’s only one available seat at time of upgrade the companion will automatically loose out? That doesn’t sound right. Not sure that’s actually what happened. I suspect there were another 2 people after me on the list upgraded at the same time. This could be a simple glitch. Compensation? Anyone with a similar situation?

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 29, 2023, 04:38:10 AM »
Was flying UA short haul CPU eligible. Got upgraded morning of. Companion wasn’t, although she was naturally right after me on the list. She was removed from the list altogether and around another 4-5 people after me also cleared, (Started as a pretty booked flight with only 2 open in FC and in all maybe 6-7 cleared) Meaning she definitely would have cleared as she was next after me. They said booking was split off once I was upgraded and so not attached to me at all and therefore not on upgrade list. Obviously Ewr gate agents were to incompetent to even put her back on at the gate, something I’ve done many times in the past when on separate reservations and flying with a companion. Has anyone had this in the past? Could it be every time there’s only one available seat at time of upgrade the companion will automatically loose out? That doesn’t sound right. Not sure that’s actually what happened. I suspect there were another 2 people after me on the list upgraded at the same time. This could be a simple glitch. Compensation? Anyone with a similar situation?
Had similar with DL a while back
Wasn't worth the fight as it was a short domestic hop however I would definitely reach out

Offline smaxber

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 30, 2023, 07:55:27 PM »
looking to travel next month on united international. i see online that if i get CC free bag is not possible in first 90 days of opening card.
i have a no AF united card. is it possible to upgrade and not be considered as initial 90 day?

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 30, 2023, 08:22:42 PM »
looking to travel next month on united international. i see online that if i get CC free bag is not possible in first 90 days of opening card.
i have a no AF united card. is it possible to upgrade and not be considered as initial 90 day?
?

You get a free bag override for the first while after getting the card since it's not expected for you to put the charge on the card yet.

Offline smaxber

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 30, 2023, 08:33:24 PM »
?

You get a free bag override for the first while after getting the card since it's not expected for you to put the charge on the card yet.

thank you. i misread it! understood it as the opposite!
how does one prove that they are entitled to free bags since did not pay ticket with it?

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #1034 on: December 30, 2023, 08:34:38 PM »
Linked to UA account, show card

Offline smaxber

• View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: December 30, 2023, 08:39:09 PM »
and they believe you that card was opened less than 90 days?

Offline Tfs

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 02, 2024, 06:45:53 AM »
Hi- does anyone know when the 1K extension and PlusPoints are supposed to hit? Was it Jan 1 or Feb 1? Thanks!

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 02, 2024, 07:43:32 AM »
award ticket can be cancelled up to departure?  Does that mean that if checked in and boarding time started I can still cancel for full refund?

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 02, 2024, 08:58:27 AM »
award ticket can be cancelled up to departure?  Does that mean that if checked in and boarding time started I can still cancel for full refund?
I think only elite members

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1039 on: January 02, 2024, 09:22:05 AM »
I cannot believe how United is treating me. I have been a 1K traveler for 6 plus years now. I flew 20K of PQP this year and was booked on a 4K flight to Israel. My flight was canceled by United. They refuse to help me. I emailed and I called and the reply is the following:

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from you.

We certainly appreciate your business this past year, and we understand that the situation in the Middle East has disrupted travel into and out of Tel Aviv, IL (TLV).   I have checked your account, and it does not appear that your account is eligible for the status extension.

As a Premier 1K member, we value your business.  Thank you for choosing United and MileagePlus.

I have zero interest in being 1K or Plat ever again. I will fly what is best for me, not what is best for United or their alliance! Such is life! Just crazy with all the other stories I hear I have ZERO idea why they would deny extending me!

Write to them or call the MPSC now?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.