Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 277621 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #1480 on: March 29, 2016, 07:42:56 PM »
Hypocrisy? Was I speaking about a person going anonymous on a board that's anonymous to begin with? Was I speaking about my moral standards? Are my moral standards relevant to this discussion?

Now, to enlighten you AJK: I understood quite well that you have certain positions that are based on emotion and are illogical. I understood quite well that when you cannot defend those positions, you choose to shoot the messenger and launch into ad hominem attacks. In fact, all you did over here was still attempt to discredit anything I write with an ad hominem, despite the fact that you haven't a clue who I am. Sheeesh.

So buddy, either put up a logical argument about the topic at hand, or just shut up on this one. Gracias!

Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?

Perhaps in your apparent rabid desire to attack me, your blinders caused you to overlook the fact that I wasn't even talking to you.  Anger and super-sensitivity tends to cause that frothing-at-the-mouth tunnel vision.

Notwithstanding that, the position I hold in this thread is neither "based on emotion" nor "illogical," despite your bald attempt to cast them that way. And, yet, in this context, your lobbing of baseless accusations without the necessary evidentiary support is the height of hypocrisy. So, in effect, even though I wasn't talking to you, you've managed to prove my point. Job well done, sir. I didn't even leave you rope to hang yourself, but somehow you managed to pull it off anyway.

It's downright laughable that on "an anonymous forum to begin with" someone feels to the need to further anonymize himself for fear of showing the true colors of his... anonymous identity.

Absurd.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1481 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
What is it that I said that you take issue with? Pretty much, the only problem you have is with me personally. Let's take me and you out of this and leave it to the actual issue at hand. Thank you for understanding.  :)
The discussion regarding these letters is the exact same as it was the first 40 times you brought it up in this thread.

It's not like you are trying to discuss an issue anyhow. You are also just trying to stir the pot with innuendo. Fact is irrelevant. Why should you expect to be treated better than you act.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:50:32 PM by aygart »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1482 on: March 29, 2016, 07:47:22 PM »
As a now defunct blog used to say when requiring you to login to comment, "if it's not worth putting your name behind, it's probably not worth saying."

True story.

Wait, let me create another anonymous identity so I can dispute this without tarnishing this one. BRB.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 29, 2016, 07:53:15 PM »
The discussion regarding these letters is the exact same as it was the first 40 times you brought it up in this thread.

It's not like you are trying to discuss an issue anyhow. You are also just trying to stir the pot with innuendo. Fact is irrelevant. Why should you expect to be treated better than you act.
Who is avrumi#1? You seem to know..
 I hope you arn't still implying that it is me!?!

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 29, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1485 on: March 29, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »
when did I imply that? I didn't mean to.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Aaaron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 29, 2016, 07:58:16 PM »
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Nah, CbC would have no problem posting any of that himself; no need for a pseudonym. 

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 29, 2016, 08:04:12 PM »
Really? You really don't understand the hypocrisy inherent in someone creating a second name just so he or she can "speak freely" about controversial topics so as not to besmirch his or her sterling reputation?

Either man-up, or shut-up.

/.02

Just curious what's your real name and why don't use it instead of AJK?
Visibly Jewish

Offline Avrumi#1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 29, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?

Sweetheart, do you speak to your mother with that mouth? What is it you were saying about hypocrisy? ::)

Perhaps in your apparent rabid desire to attack me, your blinders caused you to overlook the fact that I wasn't even talking to you.

Umm, were you speaking about me? How dare I answer your attacks?! ::)

Anger and super-sensitivity tends to cause that frothing-at-the-mouth tunnel vision.

LOL Sweetheart, who is angry or frolicking at the mouth? Would you like me to ship you a mirror, free of charge?

Notwithstanding that, the position I hold in this thread is neither "based on emotion" nor "illogical," despite your bald attempt to cast them that way.

Care to explain yourself, civilly? Yep, I'll await and see if you'll attack or answer.

And, yet, in this context, your lobbing of baseless accusations without the necessary evidentiary support is the height of hypocrisy.

LOL The evidentiary support is right here - both of your posts attacking anonymity.

So, in effect, even though I wasn't talking to you,

Oooh. Only about me.

It's downright laughable that on "an anonymous forum to begin with" someone feels to the need to further anonymize himself for fear of showing the true colors of his... anonymous identity.

Absurd.

Case and point. I rest my case.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:14:20 PM by Avrumi#1 »

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 29, 2016, 08:11:11 PM »
Sweetheart, do you speak to your mother with that mouth? What is it you were saying about hypocrisy? ::)

Umm, were you speaking about me? How dare I answer your attacks?! ::)

LOL Sweetheart, who is angry or frolicking at the mouth? Would you like me to ship you a mirror, free of charge?

Care to explain yourself in simple English? Yep, I'll await and see if you'll attack or answer.

LOL The evidentiary support is right here - both of your posts attacking anonymity.

Oooh. Only about me.

Case and point. I rest my case.

Lol at frolicking at the mouth, sweetheart.  Oh, and case and point.  Maybe shy away from any idioms/descriptive adjectives until you grab a dictionary, sweetheart.

Offline Avrumi#1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 29, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

Did you realize that there was a new letter as well as a new psak? These are clearly new developments. Until now, they were saying that they'll listen to Rav Dovid Feinstein. Now that he has ruled, are they listening? Did they ever intend to listen?

Which part is a non-issue?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:37:36 PM by Avrumi#1 »

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 29, 2016, 08:13:37 PM »
Did you realize that was a new letter as well as a new psak? These are clearly new developments. Until now, they were saying that they'll listen to Rav Dovid Feinstein. Now that he has ruled, are they listening? Did they ever intend to listen?

Which part is a non-issue?

Where did RNG ever say he'd listen to RDF?  As mesader kedushin, the buck ultimately stops with him.

Offline Avrumi#1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
Where did RNG ever say he'd listen to RDF?

RSK Sr. and his son said that they would.

As mesader kedushin, the buck ultimately stops with him.

That would be true if they would be living Nashville, or any other place in that region where RNG's psak reigns supreme. In Philly, where what RSK says reigns supreme, it is highly improbable that a couple would be able to live this way if they would sincerely seek to stop them.

Offline Avrumi#1

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 29, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »
Oh, and case and point.  Maybe shy away from any idioms/descriptive adjectives until you grab a dictionary, sweetheart.

You certainly got me on this one. Nevertheless, the point was made.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 29, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
when did I imply that? I didn't mean to.
You mentioned 40 letters posted.. That would be me!

Online Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 29, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
@CBC, everyone knows it's not you. You've said much crazier stuff under you real username!
 ;D :-*

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 29, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
Nah, CbC would have no problem posting any of that himself; no need for a pseudonym.
Of course.. I already basically discussed all those points ad nauseam upthread.

The discussion now is about identity crises, with a bonus great AJK war in the background :) 
#popcorn munch 

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »
Just curious what's your real name and why don't use it instead of AJK?

LOL! You're great! Keep up the good work. You're often the sole voice of reason amongst the great geniuses here (though here you don't seem to be alone).

AJK, please either identify yourself (with your real name) or stop posting here (and same for others like you).

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:31 PM »
These also is the possibility that there are some individuals that don't have DDF usernames and had to create one to join the discussion. Just because they have a new name doesn't make what they have to say any less credible.
Please understand that a low post count means your opinions aren't valid. Thanks.

Oh wait-they should actually be more valid because a low post count would mean you haven't wasted hours a day living on this site and so may actually have a brain and use it.

But don't question the rules. When in cyberspace do as bored people on blogs do.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 29, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
RSK Sr. and his son said that they would.

That would be true if they would be living Nashville, or any other place in that region where RNG's psak reigns supreme. In Philly, where what RSK says reigns supreme, it is highly improbable that a couple would be able to live this way if they would sincerely seek to stop them.
Oh, come on. You honestly think that Rav Shmuel and Rav Shalom are just saying publicly they should separate but are actually encouraging the couple to stay together? That is some serious conspiracy theories.
Do we even know if you're "rumors" are true?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.