Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 293912 times)

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #1360 on: January 21, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
Seems like I'm on the correct side - and seems like your on the horses @ss side.
No no no-you just don't get it, don't you?! "The bloggers" like the esteemed Mr. AJK, aygart, and others have decided that you are wrong, so you are wrong. Facts don't matter here-they don't care about the countless proofs-they are right and you are wrong. You're so wrong you're worth being scoffed at, accused of being "biased" (of course "the bloggers" are not at all biased) and ridiculed. When will you get that through your head?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1361 on: January 21, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »
I'm a blogger? Lol.

Watch out Dan, I'm coming for you.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 21, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »
No no no-you just don't get it, don't you?! "The bloggers" like the esteemed Mr. AJK, aygart, and others have decided that you are wrong, so you are wrong. Facts don't matter here-they don't care about the countless proofs-they are right and you are wrong. You're so wrong you're worth being scoffed at, accused of being "biased" (of course "the bloggers" are not at all biased) and ridiculed. When will you get that through your head?

Ummm, he's admitted that he has a connection to AF.  And he's still one of the few that has made libelous statements, as far as I can tell.

After your long talk with a member of the Baltimore Bais Din - the posting of a page with some of her thoughts is the only thing that disturbed you about this case?

I forgot to respond.  No, a lot of things bother me about this case.  But there is still no need to create false claims, and it's a pet peeve of mine when someone can't admit they're wrong.

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 21, 2016, 09:19:24 PM »
Ummm, he's admitted that he has a connection to AF.  And he's still one of the few that has made libelous statements, as far as I can tell.

I forgot to respond.  No, a lot of things bother me about this case.  But there is still no need to create false claims, and it's a pet peeve of mine when someone can't admit they're wrong.
Your so funny - Epstein has been waging a PR campaign for years against him, smearing his name forever, trying to get him fired from his job etc... which according to the Baltimore B"D was against Halacha. Her mother hired Mendel Epstein to beat him. She remarried on some bogus Heter which every Posek who has opined has said is no good and I'm the " few that has made libelous statements " as far as you can tell. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Offline Aaaron

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 21, 2016, 09:20:20 PM »
Your so funny - Epstein has been waging a PR campaign for years against him, smearing his name forever, trying to get him fired from his job etc... which according to the Baltimore B"D was against Halacha. Her mother hired Mendel Epstein to beat him. She remarried on some bogus Heter which every Posek who has opined has said is no good and I'm the " few that has made libelous statements " as far as you can tell. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

Nice strawman...  Quote another false statement in this thread.

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: January 21, 2016, 09:21:58 PM »
Nice strawman...  Quote another false statement in this thread.
I'll take that as a Yes

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 21, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »
So the docs I posted are ignored?

This feels like an effort to totally and utterly discredit the heter.

This destroys the very premis that a heter was ever even needed.
or that even a "aguna" issue ever existed.

I have a feeling that more is in the pipeline.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 21, 2016, 09:44:17 PM »
So the docs I posted are ignored?

This feels like an effort to totally and utterly discredit the heter.

This destroys the very premis that a heter was ever even needed.
or that even a "aguna" issue ever existed.

I have a feeling that more is in the pipeline.

Haven't you realized that every post with valid points against the heter and the halachik process was ignored?
Just look back at those posts, the next post is usually a personal attack for something unrelated.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yesitsme83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 21, 2016, 09:50:14 PM »
I'm a blogger? Lol.

Watch out Dan, I'm coming for you.
Typical unintelligent response from you. You can't admit you're wrong so you just joke. Ok, better than arguing and denying facts.
And yes I'd say that given your 20k+ posts and the countless hours, days, and weeks of time you've devoted to this blog, I'd say you can be called a "blogger", as in some young (insert here) who's got nothing else to do but sit and blog.

@saywhat, let me explain some Psych 101 to you. People, especially those who aren't the brightest bulbs, will do anything to convince others and themselves that they're "neutral", "not biased", "fair minded", etc. Even when facts hit them in the face, they still want to convince themselves how intelligent and unbiased they are, so they bend over backwards doing silly twists to show this. It's all part of the "political correctness" and "non judgmental attitude". So all the facts in the world showing how right you are won't do you good.

As a final note, in regards to @aaaron, I'd advise you to just ignore him. Would you argue with a non frum person about this? For all intents and purposes that's exactly what he is (and yes he's made that clear publicly here-I don't actually know him). So at least with the others, who basically share your values, you can have a reasonable discussion with you. But you'll gain less than nothing from engaging someone like him in a dispute in which Torah values are the basics-he not do into that stuff. He's got better ways of running the world.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1369 on: January 21, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
Haven't you realized that every post with valid points against the heter and the halachik process was ignored?
Just look back at those posts, the next post is usually a personal attack for something unrelated.

Wow, how is the weather up there on that horse of yours?

I've been crystal clear throughout the this thread on my position. And <newsflash> it isn't "defending the heter," but I'm not quite sure you've figured that out yet.

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:34 PM »
Typical unintelligent response from you. You can't admit you're wrong so you just joke. Ok, better than arguing and denying facts.
And yes I'd say that given your 20k+ posts and the countless hours, days, and weeks of time you've devoted to this blog, I'd say you can be called a "blogger", as in some young (insert here) who's got nothing else to do but sit and blog.

Forgive me if I don't take much offense to "typical unintelligent response" coming from someone who joined DDF all of three months ago for the sole purpose of bathing in the mud and slime that is this thread.

I bet you were proud of that line, too. Bummer.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:22 PM »
Wow, how is the weather up there on that horse of yours?

I've been crystal clear throughout the this thread on my position. And <newsflash> it isn't "defending the heter," but I'm not quite sure you've figured that out yet.

I think I've been following this thread pretty well and I still have absolutely no idea about your position, just what positions you think are wrong.
And not just you, many here.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 21, 2016, 10:18:17 PM »
AFAIK, no one is this thread has defended the heter. Can you point to a post?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 21, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »
AFAIK, no one is this thread has defended the heter. Can you point to a post?
There are a bunch of people here who very strongly criticize anyone who implies that all is not "kosher" with the heter.

They feel that they are merely defending the matirim.

I have already posted that I have a hard time separating between a matir and a heter. - Especially in a serious eshes ish sheilah like this one.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 21, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »
There are a bunch of people here who very strongly criticize anyone who implies that all is not "kosher" with the heter.

I have already posted that I have a hard time separating between a matir and a heter. - Especially in a serious eshes ish sheilah like this one.
So because you have a hard time separating, therefore anyone defending the matirim are defending the heter?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 21, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »

No, no, we're not shooting the message. Just the messenger.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 22, 2016, 12:14:58 AM »
So because you have a hard time separating, therefore anyone defending the matirim are defending the heter?
From my pov yes. I'm open to being enlightened though.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 24, 2016, 06:12:25 AM »