Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2457833 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8340 on: June 22, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
There is no 5 card maximum . I have 6 of each!
...and when was your last approval?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: June 22, 2015, 08:29:44 AM »
Am I crazy for never knowing this or did this guy just make stuff up on me?
They can check business reports but AFAIK they have not done this. Maybe something new.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: June 22, 2015, 08:47:23 AM »
It's not a hard rule but many are getting that line recently.

2 of the cards that they are counting as part of the 5 will be over 2 years old in about a month and a half. Question is– if I keep HUCAing every two weeks, will that extend the pull another 30 days each time, or because they refuse to reconsider it, the pull isn't being extended? Based on what I've read here, it seems like it's the latter, but would appreciate if someone can confirm.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: June 22, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »
They can check business reports but AFAIK they have not done this. Maybe something new.

they did for me a couple months ago and kept declining me based on my 15k credit line on my starwood biz amex saying I had a ton of credit and wasn't using it all (shows prob 2k). almost like they preferred me to max out my amex each month.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8344 on: June 22, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
At the same time that I applied for a business card, I applied for BA personal card. I just got off the phone with them. Wow did that guy put me thru the beater. He did not approve me and he was going on and on about my history with chase which cards I opened when...how often I used each card and how I canceled it right when the annual fee was due.... He went thru which airlines cards I have and how I open and close cards and I don't pay an annual fees.
Keep in mind this was for my wife name and although I have been around awhile as I have been playing this game since the BA bonus was 100k back in 07 or 08. I am not nearly as aggressive as most of the guys on DDF are. As far as I am concerned this is almost as bad as the Amex once in a lifetime rule.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:55:44 AM by JunkYardUnz »

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: June 22, 2015, 12:07:10 PM »
At the same time that I applied for a business card, I applied for BA personal card. I just got off the phone with them. Wow did that guy put me thru the beater. He did not approve me and he was going on and on about my history with chase which cards I opened when...how often I used each card and how I canceled it right when the annual fee was due.... He went thru which airlines cards I have and how I open and close cards and I don't pay an annual fees.
Keep in mind this was for my wife name and although I have been around awhile as I have been playing this game since the BA bonus was 100k back in 07 or 08. I am not nearly as aggressive as most of the guys on DDF are. As far as I am concerned this is almost as bad as the Amex once in a lifetime rule.
Yikes. Reports of recon calls are getting worse and worse every day

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #8346 on: June 22, 2015, 12:41:09 PM »
+1
i keep on getting the same answer;
to many cards in the last 24months.

if i succeed in changing for example the Chase Amazon card into a Freedom will i get the Welcome Offer?

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »
if i succeed in changing for example the Chase Amazon card into a Freedom will i get the Welcome Offer?
No

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #8348 on: June 22, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »
Yep we're probably witnessing the end of the Chase Golden Age. Especially after Amex got rid of abusers on it's personal cards with its harsh "one per lifetime" rule Chase was probably feeling more of the heat from the abusers who turned to them.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: June 22, 2015, 01:15:13 PM »
2 weeks ago

Offline davidb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: June 22, 2015, 01:42:33 PM »
Applied for freedom and southwest 2bm southwest got approved and freedom got declined called recon the csr only wanted to approve me if I close my ba which I had for a month and reached spending threshold and points posted so I did it

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: June 22, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
Applied for freedom and southwest 2bm southwest got approved and freedom got declined called recon the csr only wanted to approve me if I close my ba which I had for a month and reached spending threshold and points posted so I did it

Congrats . Now if recon guys don't start spouting opening and closing cards immediately ( which I believe is a fluke ) that's a success story .

Put that in your notes for next appo so if told, you can tell them I closed card as per Chase's advice .

Offline davidb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: June 22, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »

Congrats . Now if recon guys don't start spouting opening and closing cards immediately ( which I believe is a fluke ) that's a success story .

Put that in your notes for next appo so if told, you can tell them I closed card as per Chase's advice .
Had that in mind also!

Offline zer0k1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: June 22, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »
Chase:
BA: Declined

Amex:
Premier Gold Rewards 50k: Approved
Delta 50k: Approved

Any thoughts?? I first did the gold card - approved, then chase BA - declined, then Delta - approved. Why did chase flat out decline me while Amex gave me 2 instant approvals?! Should I throw in another Amex now that its 1 pull anyway? I really wanted the chase BA. Will try huca a few times but the recording is the 7-10 day notice so according to the chase recon thread it is not even pending.. thoughts??

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: June 22, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
Chase:

Amex:

Any thoughts?? I first did the gold card - approved, then chase BA - declined, then Delta - approved. Why did chase flat out decline me while Amex gave me 2 instant approvals?! Should I throw in another Amex now that its 1 pull anyway? I really wanted the chase BA. Will try huca a few times but the recording is the 7-10 day notice so according to the chase recon thread it is not even pending.. thoughts??
Yes.

Call Chase and see what they say.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: June 22, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »

Just one thing to note, none of my positive Chase relationships were under my wife's name like the credit card we put 3k-4k on each month or the Ink business card that I carried a balance on for over a year......

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: June 22, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »

Chase:

Amex:

Amex is always quick to approve and then they investigate later.

Offline yuguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: June 22, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
New date on the letter they sent me--so I have 30 more days?

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: June 22, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
Should be

Offline yuguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: June 22, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Should be

Great, thanks. That gives me 30 more days of "too many credit cards open in the last 2 years" reconsideration  :-\