Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374528 times)

Offline regolife

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12380 on: May 13, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
Applied for Ink Preferred 5/13 as sole proprietorship. Some DPs below.
As reported by others, received the message “We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. You will be notified in writing within 30 days.” (Ultimately, this meant approval.)

Called the old reconsideration #s for business and personal. Also as reported by others, couldn't get anywhere on automatic phone system w/o a reference # (which was not provided in immediate online response) or by entering last 4 digits of a Chase card. Used the last 4 of a different Chase card and got to Lending Services.

1st Lending Services rep verified me and tried to transfer me to Review Dept. This only took me back to original menu, from where I reached Lending Services. 2nd rep stayed on the phone and directly transferred me to Review Dept. I was told that the direct number is now 877 260 0087. I haven't tried it out.

Verification Dept. put me on hold to review application. Came back and said application approved without needing to move CL or anything else. I did have to move CLs for the UA personal card in March, so a little surprised. Maybe has to do w/ this being a business application instead of a personal one. Lastly, got transferred to CS to request expedited shipping. No problem, they should deliver w/n 1-2 business days.

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12381 on: May 13, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »
As reported by others, received the message “We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. You will be notified in writing within 30 days.” (Ultimately, this meant approval.)

Called the old reconsideration #s for business and personal. Also as reported by others, couldn't get anywhere on automatic phone system w/o a reference # (which was not provided in immediate online response) or by entering last 4 digits of a Chase card. Used the last 4 of a different Chase card and got to Lending Services.

1st Lending Services rep verified me and tried to transfer me to Review Dept. This only took me back to original menu, from where I reached Lending Services. 2nd rep stayed on the phone and directly transferred me to Review Dept. I was told that the direct number is now 877 260 0087. I haven't tried it out.

Verification Dept. put me on hold to review application. Came back and said application approved without needing to move CL or anything else. I did have to move CLs for the UA personal card in March, so a little surprised. Maybe has to do w/ this being a business application instead of a personal one. Lastly, got transferred to CS to request expedited shipping. No problem, they should deliver w/n 1-2 business days.
Thanks, Happy spending!
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: May 13, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »

congrats.  Btw, I see that you applied today and called recon today.
In my experience with all 4 of my Chase Biz cards I got the same message as you but I never actually needed to call recon. I was approved the next day every time even without calling.
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: May 13, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »

My wife called the other day, was able to get through without a reference #. She just pressed 0 (after pressing 1 for "recent correspondence or application"...) And she was able to get approved.

Offline Wizard

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
If I was declined and declined again after reconsideration for a second Chase Business card, is it a waste of time/bad idea to email the executive office trying to get them to approve it?
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: May 26, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »
If I was declined and declined again after reconsideration for a second Chase Business card, is it a waste of time/bad idea to email the executive office trying to get them to approve it?
What was their reasoning?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: May 26, 2019, 04:42:31 PM »
What was their reasoning?
Too many cards and that they just approved me for another business card for the same business. I tried explaining that the two cards have different rewards programs and I would be happy to move some credit line from the just approved card to get the other card. I also explained that any recent cards I’m only an AU on and not responsible for.. anything for me to lose my emailing executive office - like will they FR me then?
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: May 26, 2019, 05:24:05 PM »
Too many cards and that they just approved me for another business card for the same business. I tried explaining that the two cards have different rewards programs and I would be happy to move some credit line from the just approved card to get the other card. I also explained that any recent cards I’m only an AU on and not responsible for.. anything for me to lose my emailing executive office - like will they FR me then?
Not sure if its an FR risk, but otherwise, probably can't hurt.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: May 26, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »
Not sure if its an FR risk, but otherwise, probably can't hurt.
Ok thanks so much!

Offline meilich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: July 10, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »
Applied for chase business card, got a weird message that they received my request and they will let me know of their decision, there was no message about 2 weeks or 30 days, called recon they said the app was at verification department and they can't recon at this time. Anyone know what this means?

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12390 on: July 10, 2019, 11:28:11 AM »
Applied for chase business card, got a weird message that they received my request and they will let me know of their decision, there was no message about 2 weeks or 30 days, called recon they said the app was at verification department and they can't recon at this time. Anyone know what this means?
Wait it out. Had it a couple of times its verification.
You can try to ask for the verification department and talk directly to them. Good luck
IME it was approved after 7--14 days

Offline meilich

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: July 10, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
Thanks

Offline mdrills

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #12392 on: July 26, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
Business card automated system says. "status not available give 30 days from when you applied.....
What does this mean? Positive or negative

Offline MrKaplan

• View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: July 26, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
Business card automated system says. "status not available give 30 days from when you applied.....
generally positive

Offline mdrills

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #12394 on: July 26, 2019, 11:48:31 AM »

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: July 26, 2019, 04:16:33 PM »

I got this too last week. I called recon and they just had to verify some stuff on their end (without asking me any questions about my business) and they ended up approving it.  So, I was agree with it being positive.

Offline Ekay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: July 28, 2019, 12:58:40 AM »
Where can I call for reconsideration once they closed me down?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #12397 on: July 28, 2019, 02:50:41 AM »
Where can I call for reconsideration once they closed me down?
Closed you down? As in all your accounts or one card?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline nirc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: July 28, 2019, 09:07:40 AM »
Applied for business ink cash and was rejected (A. Too much credit and B. Too many recent requests). Called recon and was told they will notify me of a decision in 1-2 weeks. Is this good or bad news?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:14:16 AM by nirc »

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: July 28, 2019, 10:28:30 AM »
Applied for business ink cash and was rejected (A. Too much credit and B. Too many recent requests). Called recon and was told they will notify me of a decision in 1-2 weeks. Is this good or bad news?
I believe that message from the automated system usually means declined, but no harm in calling back.