Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 657824 times)

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #6560 on: April 11, 2022, 03:07:37 AM »
a customer of mine just skipped the pcr in ben gurion an hour ago.
He walked straight thru the main exit, there was a guy sitting there but he wasnt checking anyones bracelets

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #6561 on: April 11, 2022, 08:09:14 PM »
a customer of mine just skipped the pcr in ben gurion an hour ago.
He walked straight thru the main exit, there was a guy sitting there but he wasnt checking anyones bracelets
I know someone who did that, but I was asked for a bracelet as was everyone around me when we went through. I’m pretty sure nothing would happen if they “caught” you, you’d just have to go back on the (pretty short) line to get tested.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: April 12, 2022, 12:03:27 AM »
FYI
Entered this morning Ben Gurion airport at 6:15am for my 10:30 flight, was at the lounge 6:50am
Don’t know why they have us come so early.
שוין וואס קען טוהן מיר זענען אין גלות

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: April 12, 2022, 10:15:07 AM »
FYI
Entered this morning Ben Gurion airport at 6:15am for my 10:30 flight, was at the lounge 6:50am
Don’t know why they have us come so early.
שוין וואס קען טוהן מיר זענען אין גלות
The departure lines at BG have been around 3hours+ and flights have been getting delayed. Glad to hear your experience was positive and trouble free.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: April 12, 2022, 10:38:53 AM »
I know someone who did that, but I was asked for a bracelet as was everyone around me when we went through.
the main exit is basically pot luck, depending on who is sitting there
I’m pretty sure nothing would happen if they “caught” you
u are 100% correct

Offline arielallon

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: April 12, 2022, 03:16:02 PM »
Couldn't find this answer elsewhere in the forums, nor on corona.health.gov.il / chaimvchessed.com / amudim.org. If I missed it somewhere, my apologies.

For non-Israeli citizens, for the requirement of "Take a PCR test in the 72 hours before the flight or arrival at the Israeli border crossing", how is "72 hours before the flight" defined?

Specifically, if we are flying from the US to TLV with a 4.5 hour layover in IST, is it 72 hours before the departure of the US -> IST flight? Or 72 hours before the departure of the IST -> TLV flight?

Either way, what happens if one of those flights is delayed such that it actually departs after 72 hours since the time of a negative test?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: April 12, 2022, 03:49:37 PM »
Couldn't find this answer elsewhere in the forums, nor on corona.health.gov.il / chaimvchessed.com / amudim.org. If I missed it somewhere, my apologies.

For non-Israeli citizens, for the requirement of "Take a PCR test in the 72 hours before the flight or arrival at the Israeli border crossing", how is "72 hours before the flight" defined?

Specifically, if we are flying from the US to TLV with a 4.5 hour layover in IST, is it 72 hours before the departure of the US -> IST flight? Or 72 hours before the departure of the IST -> TLV flight?

Either way, what happens if one of those flights is delayed such that it actually departs after 72 hours since the time of a negative test?
all of your tzaros can go away with a free 1 month trial with adobe
its way more likely to work than donating $100 a month for 36 months to vaad harabanim

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: April 12, 2022, 04:04:04 PM »

“ 1. Take a PCR test in the 72 hours before the flight or arrival at the Israeli border crossing. You must present an official document with the negative test result and your passport number.
If your itinerary includes a connecting flight to Israel and the layover time between the first flight and the flight landing in Israel is more than 24 hours, you are required to take the PCR test in the 72 hours before the departure of the flight landing in Israel.” Ministry Of Health.

Offline arielallon

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: April 12, 2022, 04:17:04 PM »
Thanks.

"If your itinerary includes a connecting flight to Israel and the layover time between the first flight and the flight landing in Israel is more than 24 hours, you are required to take the PCR test in the 72 hours before the departure of the flight landing in Israel."

So my natural reading of that is if the layover is not more than 24 hours, we are not required to take the PCR test in the 72 hours before the departure of the flight landing in Israel. In other words, in my example above, we are ok with a test 72 hours before the departure of the initial flight out of the US.

My programmer brain is saying "well, it didn't say 'if and only if', etc etc" but I guess I'm being too paranoid :P

(As an aside, I guess that means that, in theory, if I had a 20 hour flight, then a 23 hour layover, and then another 8 hour flight to Israel, I could get my negative covid PCR 123 hours before I land in Israel  ::) )

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #6569 on: April 12, 2022, 06:54:41 PM »
Specifically, if we are flying from the US to TLV with a 4.5 hour layover in IST, is it 72 hours before the departure of the US -> IST flight?
This

Offline Geshmakeh Chulent Fresser

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6570 on: April 13, 2022, 03:21:44 AM »
Family of 7 arrived in TLV late Tuesday night (after 2:00 AM).  6 PCR tests taken at airport came back negative, but one child came back positive (child has zero symptoms and PCR test before departure was negative).  Just received an email from someone at the Ministry of Health asking me to contact them.  Are they actually enforcing this or can I just ignore the email and hope for the best?  What's the worst that can happen?  The thought of staying put in an apartment with a nine year old for 5 days is making me queasy.   

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #6571 on: April 13, 2022, 08:30:40 AM »
Family of 7 arrived in TLV late Tuesday night (after 2:00 AM).  6 PCR tests taken at airport came back negative, but one child came back positive (child has zero symptoms and PCR test before departure was negative).  Just received an email from someone at the Ministry of Health asking me to contact them.  Are they actually enforcing this or can I just ignore the email and hope for the best?  What's the worst that can happen?  The thought of staying put in an apartment with a nine year old for 5 days is making me queasy.
For Israelis they are still enforcing, with Police driving to homes etc. Not sure about foreigners.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: April 13, 2022, 08:42:07 AM »

Considering the 5 days cuts into Pesach that’s really challenging, my heart goes out to you.

OTOH COVID can spread asymptomatically and could infect other family members who can go on to infect others. Consider PCR testing the quarantined child daily, perhaps they’ll start testing negative sooner and can exit quarantine.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #6573 on: April 13, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
This happened to me personally in November.  First, I would get a second test to confirm the original wasn't a false positive.  There is a chance they may check on the child to ensure bidud is being followed, but not likely.  If caught bidud, there was a fine of 5000 shekels and 5-year ban on entering Israel (not sure if that's the case anymore).

In addition, because the positive test taken at the airport is tied to your passport number and blue printed visa, they made it very difficult for me to leave Israel without getting a formal MOH letter saying that I recovered. This was the case in November around Thanksgiving - not sure what current policy is. 

This may also present a challenge when you are returning to the US and need to get a negative test to board a plane back (some may advocate an adobe test, which only you can decide if you're willing to risk it). 

Bottom line is that there are implications to a positive test.  You need to think about the risks involved because if your child is positive, they can theoretically infect others. 

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: April 13, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
if your child is positive, they can theoretically infect others.

FTFY, maybe the odds aren’t known, but it isn’t 0%.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #6575 on: April 13, 2022, 01:29:12 PM »
FTFY, maybe the odds aren’t known, but it isn’t 0%.
If it’s a lingering positive from an infection in the last month or two then it’s quite possible the chance is 0%.

To which point, has the child had COVID in the very recent past?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: April 13, 2022, 01:56:45 PM »
If it’s a lingering positive from an infection in the last month or two then it’s quite possible the chance is 0%.

Agreed. Dad didn’t say anything to imply that might be the case.

Offline Yosel

• View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: April 13, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

In addition, because the positive test taken at the airport is tied to your passport number and blue printed visa, they made it very difficult for me to leave Israel without getting a formal MOH letter saying that I recovered. This was the case in November around Thanksgiving - not sure what current policy is. 

was not the case then, and not the case now IME

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: April 14, 2022, 06:40:36 AM »
can someone help- we lost a suitcase and its been a week already. the ticket we opened with luafer aviation in ben gurion possibly had the wrong suitcase number. we now know which suitcase number is missing. JFK showed us a screenshot that the missing suitcase was bulk loaded as opposed to container loaded, so that very likely caused the problem.

does anyone have expeirence w losing baggae in ben gurion, or experience working w luafer aviation?
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6579 on: April 14, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
can someone help- we lost a suitcase and its been a week already. the ticket we opened with luafer aviation in ben gurion possibly had the wrong suitcase number. we now know which suitcase number is missing. JFK showed us a screenshot that the missing suitcase was bulk loaded as opposed to container loaded, so that very likely caused the problem.

does anyone have expeirence w losing baggae in ben gurion, or experience working w luafer aviation?
We had a lost bag in TLV once. LX paid us very handsomely for it when it showed up half empty, though we had no Shavuos clothes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.