Author Topic: Messianism among Lubavitch  (Read 369436 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Messianism among Lubavitch
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »

And I hope you don't drink any Bartenura wine btw ;)
why not? besides for gorelik, all bartenura is independently certified by the nitra rov, r' weissmandl

joyvin on the other hand...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
I don't agree that chassidim believe their rebbe is mashiach, what part of that don't you understand?
1. It's not that you don't agree. You said it's a fact and that you aren't delusional, implying I am delusional.
2. Dan quoted other chassidim claiming their rebbe is moshiach. So if you are honest you'd admit your "facts" are wrong and that you are delusional.

For the record also Vizhnits have strong feelings of their Rebbe being moshiach (I am friends with a chossid, who told me this.) also there is a large group of bresslovers who believe their current rav is moshiach (they are polish style not na nach) Some breslovers believe Rabbi nachman is moshiach.

Until you admit what you are clearly completely wrong about, I can not believe anything else you claim to be "facts". If you wouldn't have used such strong wording you can explain it away but you did use strong words...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »
You're right. SI was lying about his own sect and the other sect he mentioned.
It's funny which stuff you're "mekabel" and which you're not.
A rebbe saying by a melava malka that they were so in awe of their rebbe that in their hearts they thought he was mashiach, has nothing to do with this BS, about believing that your rebbe is mashiach bec. he's your rebbe, that's just stand up comedy. ROFL LMAO, that you guys admit that you buy into that ideology, LMAO!!!!
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:56 PM »
why not? besides for gorelik, all bartenura is independently certified by the nitra rov, r' weissmandl
I only see gorelik and hazan on my bottle at 2011 Moscato.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline robi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
Do they have a response to it?
no clue, i dont get involved in these things
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2013, 03:10:01 PM »
A rebbe saying by a melava malka that they were so in awe of their rebbe that in their hearts they thought he was mashiach, has nothing to do with this BS, about believing that your rebbe is mashiach bec. he's your rebbe, that's just stand up comedy. ROFL LMAO, that you guys admit that you buy into that ideology, LMAO!!!!
To quote you "They don't think about who moshiach is." If they don't think about it then why are they saying it? This is besides the other groups I mentioned.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
1. It's not that you don't agree. You said it's a fact and that you aren't delusional, implying I am delusional.

I was responding to Dan's accusation that I was delusional. Therefore I wasn't implying that you were delusional.

For the record also Vizhnits have strong feelings of their Rebbe being moshiach (I am friends with a chossid, who told me this.) also there is a large group of bresslovers who believe their current rav is moshiach (they are polish style not na nach) Some breslovers believe Rabbi nachman is moshiach.

As i said, there are a few guys that collect by the kosel who also think they know who mashiach is. LOL!! this ideology is just hillarious!

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »
For the record also Vizhnits have strong feelings of their Rebbe being moshiach (I am friends with a chossid, who told me this.)
im pretty sure that is incorrect

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
I only see gorelik and hazan on my bottle at 2011 Moscato.
on the moscato its on the top of the cork

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
so if and when it deteriorates, lock it; why now?
I think we've reached this point by now...

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2013, 03:12:50 PM »
I was responding to Dan's accusation that I was delusional. Therefore I wasn't implying that you were delusional.As i said, there are a few guys that collect by the kosel who also think they know who mashiach is. LOL!! this ideology is just hillarious!
I can't quote you enough I guess
They don't think about who moshiach is. The only people that think about who's a candidate for moshiach, are chabadskers, this is the facts, I am not delusional.
Just read what you wrote. What did you say the fact is? What fact did you say you are not delusional about?

And I'm talking about Vizhnitz Monsey.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
I can't quote you enough I guess  Just read what you wrote. What did you say the fact is? What fact did you say you are not delusional about?

And I'm talking about Vizhnitz Monsey.
You said that if i write that i'm not delusional then i'm implying that you are. that is only true if i brought up the delusional word. but if you read earlier in the thread, dan called me delusional, i was telling him that i wasn't delusional, therefore i wasn't implying that your delusional. You are not delusional, your just desperate, desperate to make believe that chabad's beliefs are mainstream.

Online moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »
now now children

Offline Side incomer

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2013, 03:19:13 PM »
I am just wondering how much of the debaters here have finished a single chasidish sefer that they find so funny that someone should believe that the tzadik hador is mashiach...

It's pretty simple, mashiach is going to be the manhig hador. Everybody has their own right to guess who the manhig hador is. And if Chabad decided that it's rebbe, what the hell do you care?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
You said that if i write that i'm not delusional then i'm implying that you are. that is only true if i brought up the delusional word. but if you read earlier in the thread, dan called me delusional, i was telling him that i wasn't delusional, therefore i wasn't implying that your delusional. You are not delusional, your just desperate, desperate to make believe that chabad's beliefs are mainstream.
I know that other groups besides Chabad believe their rebbe to be Moshiach. So according to you I am delusional. I've explained why I know I'm right and at least you should admit other groups think about it from the above quotes.

The rest of your post was from left field...

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »
im not well versed with who mashiach is supposed to be,

but can anyone tell me how ani rochev al chamor falls into the scheme of things?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #676 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
nothing to do with this BS, about believing that your rebbe is mashiach bec. he's your rebbe, that's just stand up comedy. ROFL LMAO, that you guys admit that you buy into that ideology, LMAO!!!!
Real Klassy with a Kapital K.
Laugh your a&* off in the face of what inspires many of your fellow Jews to do good in the world, help their fellow Jews, dedicate their lives to finding one last Jew to put on tefiilin or eat a kosher meal, and try to make this world a place where Hashem would want to dwell and bring moshiach.
Your ahavas yisroel just leaves me feeling all tingly.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »
I am just wondering how much of the debaters here have finished a single chasidish sefer that they find so funny that someone should believe that the tzadik hador is mashiach...

It's pretty simple, mashiach is going to be the manhig hador. Everybody has their own right to guess who the manhig hador is. And if Chabad decided that it's rebbe, what the hell do you care?
no they don't. who the ___ (to quote you) are you to guess who mashiach is?

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
Real Klassy with a Kapital K.
Laugh your a&* off in the face of what inspires many of your fellow Jews to do good in the world, help their fellow Jews, dedicate their lives to finding one last Jew to put on tefiilin or eat a kosher meal, and try to make this world a place where Hashem would want to dwell and bring moshiach.
Your ahavas yisroel just leaves me feeling all tingly.
I think that BS stuff like believing YOUR rebbe is mashiach gives a terrible name to Judiasm - which is a rational faith.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
I would still love to here from the Chabad folk on this:

I understand why someone would say, this person has all of the simanim of moshiach, plus he's my Rebbe, therefore I want him to be Moshiach. But say there were 100 people in history who have all of the known simanim of moshiach. Why would the fact that one of them is someone's Rebbe make a person think his Rebbe is more likely to be moshiach?