Topic Wiki

Selling one hilton weekend night - gold status for 300 dollars. Exp. June 2019

Author Topic: Hilton Master Thread  (Read 366401 times)

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Master Thread
« Reply #560 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
One tip: become Hilton gold first. Search ddf for the trick.

Offline jmansour

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 27, 2014, 10:26:52 AM »
$50 statement credit with a $250+ purchase at a Hilton hotel.
this promotion is only for stays at Hilton Hotels & Resorts. All other hotel brands under the Hilton umbrella are excluded (i.e., Conrad, Waldorf, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites, Hilton Grand Vacations).
To take advantage of this offer:

First sync your Amex with TripAdvisor - https://sync.americanexpress.com/tripadvisor/
Go to the TripAdvisor Amex site and click the “Save to Card” button under the Hilton offer.
HT to dealswelike

Offline AnonymousUser

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »
One tip: become Hilton gold first. Search ddf for the trick.
According the the thread and wiki here, that trick is dead.

Offline tuvz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 27, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
Amex plat gives free Hilton Gold.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #564 on: March 27, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
not true
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 27, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »
not true
I assume you're addressing this:
Amex plat gives free Hilton Gold.

Offline jack

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 28, 2014, 01:49:39 AM »
Citi reserve does. 
I have heard that the platinum had a promo if you called you can get gold not sure if still on

Offline HDS

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 11, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Hi,

New to this thread/topic. I'm looking into my next AOR and I'm interested in the relative redemption value (bang for your buck, not to sell), utility (if you can do other useful things with your points) and benefits of the hotel programs.

I have read many of the hotel program details, and ToSs, etc. and everything sounds wonderful. :) I'm having trouble comparing and truly knowing where the values and best choices are.

For CCs, I see Marriott (2), Ritz-Carlton, Hyatt, Fairmont and IHG from Chase, and Hilton (2) from Amex. If anyone would like to take a stab at scoring them, or if there are others I should take a look at, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know, here or via PM.

I'm more than happy to read up myself - if there is a better thread, or you can refer me to any relatively current reading material, that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »
Hi,

New to this thread/topic. I'm looking into my next AOR and I'm interested in the relative redemption value (bang for your buck, not to sell), utility (if you can do other useful things with your points) and benefits of the hotel programs.

I have read many of the hotel program details, and ToSs, etc. and everything sounds wonderful. :) I'm having trouble comparing and truly knowing where the values and best choices are.

For CCs, I see Marriott (2), Ritz-Carlton, Hyatt, Fairmont and IHG from Chase, and Hilton (2) from Amex. If anyone would like to take a stab at scoring them, or if there are others I should take a look at, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know, here or via PM.

I'm more than happy to read up myself - if there is a better thread, or you can refer me to any relatively current reading material, that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance.

will be very hard for anyone to give you what you ask -- "it all depends"
I will tell you what I think , based on what is good for ME!

Starwood I think is the best just that need to stay or spend to accumalate points after get bonus on c.c -- can get a personal and biz card -- not worth it to transfer amx mr into starwoods - get 5th nite free with points

Love Hyatt , very good redemption value -- just not enough hotels outside of America - 2 free nites with credit card excellent value

Hilton
over priced -- but many many hotels allover the world , can get a credit card that will give u free breakfast will take time to accumulate points for a real good hotel --though  can get 2  different cards from  citi and amx for a total of 4 cards with one of the Citi  very churnable plus get special price if stay 5 nites

IHG-- HOLIDAY IN HOLIDAY INN HOLIDAY INN -- plus others like  intercontinental -- after first yr fee is $49  and get one night free in "any hotel" -plus get 10% back on award stay -- special offers 5k a night --

Marriotts-- have 5TH nite free    are good, just that the 1-4 certificate offered i find almost worthless

MOST OF HOTELS U GET ABOUT 2 NITES FREE IN A OK TO GOOD HOTEL AT SIGN UP -- i would say the 2 free nites at Hyatt if use in park Hyatt the best overall value -- Starwood is the best as points transfer allover at a great rate to airlines

this is me-- others I am sure will disagree -- u need to figure out where u want to go and what level hotel want to stay at -- I spent my time giving you my thoughts -- now you need to do some work -- would be nice to hear your thoughts "after" u do the research
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:11:50 PM by SPLP »

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2014, 06:19:57 PM »

Starwood I think is the best just that need to stay or spend to accumalate points after get bonus on c.c -- can get a personal and biz card -- not worth it to transfer amx mr into starwoods - get 5th nite free with points

Love Hyatt , very good redemption value -- just not enough hotels outside of America - 2 free nites with credit card excellent value

Hilton
over priced -- but many many hotels allover the world , can get a credit card that will give u free breakfast will take time to accumulate points for a real good hotel --though  can get 2  different cards from  citi and amx for a total of 4 cards with one of the Citi  very churnable plus get special price if stay 5 nites

IHG-- HOLIDAY IN HOLIDAY INN HOLIDAY INN -- plus others like  intercontinental -- after first yr fee is $49  and get one night free in "any hotel" -plus get 10% back on award stay -- special offers 5k a night --

Marriotts-- have 5TH nite free    are good, just that the 1-4 certificate offered i find almost worthless

MOST OF HOTELS U GET ABOUT 2 NITES FREE IN A OK TO GOOD HOTEL AT SIGN UP -- i would say the 2 free nites at Hyatt if use in park Hyatt the best overall value -- Starwood is the best as points transfer allover at a great rate to airlines

this is me-- others I am sure will disagree -- u need to figure out where u want to go and what level hotel want to stay at -- I spent my time giving you my thoughts -- now you need to do some work -- would be nice to hear your thoughts "after" u do the research
I pretty much agree.

Offline Miracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2014, 01:38:13 PM »

Hilton

I enjoyed reading your opinion :)  Thanks!

Offline HDS

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
Thanks very much for the write up - much appreciated. I know it all depends, which is why I'm looking for opinions. It's funny - I didn't even include Starwood in my post, since I look at that card/program as an obvious first step.

Looks like (generally speaking, etc. etc.) Hyatt and Hilton are the next tier, in terms of value, followed by the rest?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 13, 2014, 12:15:33 AM »
Thanks very much for the write up - much appreciated. I know it all depends, which is why I'm looking for opinions. It's funny - I didn't even include Starwood in my post, since I look at that card/program as an obvious first step.

Looks like (generally speaking, etc. etc.) Hyatt and Hilton are the next tier, in terms of value, followed by the rest?
Hyatt is great because they transfer immediately from UR, which can be earned at 5x on a couple of cards at certain locations.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 13, 2014, 04:56:10 AM »

Not 100% sure about hilton being next VALUE tier-- the 2 free nites citi is-- after that 50 k for a pull is  not great ( one night value in my  book and many time less)but can churn the citi -- need to consider even more than just value -- who has hotels in area u want to stay

after a while you will wind up with almost every hotel card and still be short of hotel nites-- while most will have plenty of air miles

if do not have an immediate need for hotels and do not know where u will need them -- i would do in this order

Starwood personal and biz---Hyatt- Hilton citi 2 nites with gold-8 -10 days later citi 50k ( assume u know 65 day rule and do not want any other citi card)-  IHG ,Marriott after if still want more Fairmont, Club Carlson

since you are not into selling -- if need more hotel nites and have "plenty" of air miles -- A.A. miles buys rooms in many hotels at about 1-1.2 cants a point -- BA also but best value on ba i find in europe hotels

Offline HDS

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:41 PM »
Not 100% sure about hilton being next VALUE tier-- the 2 free nites citi is-- after that 50 k for a pull is  not great ( one night value in my  book and many time less)but can churn the citi -- need to consider even more than just value -- who has hotels in area u want to stay

after a while you will wind up with almost every hotel card and still be short of hotel nites-- while most will have plenty of air miles

if do not have an immediate need for hotels and do not know where u will need them -- i would do in this order

Starwood personal and biz---Hyatt- Hilton citi 2 nites with gold-8 -10 days later citi 50k ( assume u know 65 day rule and do not want any other citi card)-  IHG ,Marriott after if still want more Fairmont, Club Carlson

since you are not into selling -- if need more hotel nites and have "plenty" of air miles -- A.A. miles buys rooms in many hotels at about 1-1.2 cants a point -- BA also but best value on ba i find in europe hotels

TYVM - you've given me a fair amount to consider!

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 28, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
My wife's account has 1300 HHonors points set to expire on May 1 and I wanted to know if there was any point in trying to keep them/extend the expiration.  I dont plan on getting her any of the Hilton CC's and we dont plan on staying in a Hilton anytime soon. Those points are pretty useless, no?

Offline sharabob

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 28, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »
1300 is not much...

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 28, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
1300 is not much...
I am aware, not even sure what she got them from.  But awardwallet informed me that they are expiring and I just want to make sure there isnt a simple way to extend them or that there isnt a value I am not aware of.

Offline tageed-lee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 24, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
I am aware, not even sure what she got them from.  But awardwallet informed me that they are expiring and I just want to make sure there isnt a simple way to extend them or that there isnt a value I am not aware of.

ETA again: Another way to extend the life of your points (prob the cheapest way) would be to shop at the Hilton HHonors Shop to Earn Mall

I spent $1 at Walmart (through the mall) and got 1 point which extended my points.

Offline Sowhat

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 02, 2014, 10:00:53 PM »
Re Hyatt, seems like the best bang for the buck is through Chase UR as opposed to charging on the Hyatt card directly?