Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 676550 times)

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3260 on: May 24, 2021, 12:12:14 PM »
I’m an American citizen. COVID test is free at the airport. You have to pay private for antibody test and COVID test to re-enter the US

I did Pre-register but I needn’t have bothered. They still asked me for my passport and input the info. It was very quick, under 5 minute wait

got it thank you!
how do you know you dont have to pre-register I think upthread there was discussion that you haver to sign up with code to get free test upon arrival or has that changed now?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3261 on: May 24, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »
got it thank you!
how do you know you dont have to pre-register I think upthread there was discussion that you haver to sign up with code to get free test upon arrival or has that changed now?

You never needed to pre-register. If you didn't pre-register they will register you upon arrival and use the code.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: May 24, 2021, 12:43:47 PM »
You never needed to pre-register. If you didn't pre-register they will register you upon arrival and use the code.

so no one (whether Israeli or foreigner) ever had to pay for this Covid test upon arrival in Israel?

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #3263 on: May 24, 2021, 01:20:58 PM »
so no one (whether Israeli or foreigner) ever had to pay for this Covid test upon arrival in Israel?
That's right

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: May 24, 2021, 01:54:01 PM »
From here:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/finally-israel-will-reopen-vaccinated-tour-groups-june-individual-tourists-july/

Reuters’ Steven Scheer also reports that Israel plans on opening to individual tourists, that don’t have first degree relatives in Israel, starting in July. It’s unclear what those requirements will be at this time, but I’d expect similar requirements to what group travelers need for entry.

Any info yet if they'll allow recovered people who aren't vaccinated?

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: May 24, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »
Does Israel recognize the J&J vaccine for tourists to enter?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »
This the response from Misrad hapnim it looks like this avenue is currently closed for first degree relatives?  back to NY consulate or Washington consulate route?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM
‪Subject: ‏‏לא ניתן למסירה: Re: בקשת כניסה לישראל עבור אחותי ושני ילדיה לביקור (תושבי ארה"ב)‬

המסירה לנמענים או לקבוצות אלו נכשלה:

corona-jerusalem@piba.gov.il
תיבת הדואר של הנמען מלאה ואין באפשרותו לקבל הודעות כעת. נסה לשלוח הודעה זו שוב מאוחר יותר או פנה אל הנמען ישירות.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3267 on: May 25, 2021, 10:59:23 AM »
Israeli media reporting that as of June 1st required covid-19 tests upon arrival will no longer be free. Count me as (somewhat) skeptical (unless they just add the cost to the fees charged for the airline ticket).
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: May 25, 2021, 11:12:16 AM »
So I'm officially quarantining in Israel now.  I had my antibody test 2 days ago and got a positive result.  I uploaded it and filled out the form to exit quarantine and I just got the following email (translated from Hebrew)

Greetings,

We have received your request.

In order for us to process your request please reply in a return email with a passport photo,

In addition, are you sick / resilient?

If so, please attach in a return email documentation of recovery / vaccinations from abroad

Regards

Some people reported here getting their exit within 4 hours.  Did anyone else get the above email?

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: May 25, 2021, 11:13:24 AM »
Does Israel recognize the J&J vaccine for tourists to enter?
yes

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: May 25, 2021, 11:57:33 AM »
So I'm officially quarantining in Israel now.  I had my antibody test 2 days ago and got a positive result.  I uploaded it and filled out the form to exit quarantine and I just got the following email (translated from Hebrew)

Greetings,

We have received your request.

In order for us to process your request please reply in a return email with a passport photo,

In addition, are you sick / resilient?

If so, please attach in a return email documentation of recovery / vaccinations from abroad

Regards

Some people reported here getting their exit within 4 hours.  Did anyone else get the above email?

When you uploaded your antibody test, did you also upload anything else? Did you claim that you were previously sick with COVID-19?

When I uploaded my results I completed the form as a recoveree. I uploaded a positive antibody test from the US in lieu of Positive PCR test from the US.
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: May 25, 2021, 12:09:36 PM »
When you uploaded your antibody test, did you also upload anything else? Did you claim that you were previously sick with COVID-19?

When I uploaded my results I completed the form as a recoveree. I uploaded a positive antibody test from the US in lieu of Positive PCR test from the US.
I only initially uploaded the Israeli antibody test. Wasn’t aware that I had to send anything else in. I never had COVID, but was vaccinated in the USA

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: May 25, 2021, 12:24:17 PM »
I only initially uploaded the Israeli antibody test. Wasn’t aware that I had to send anything else in. I never had COVID, but was vaccinated in the USA

An antibody test on it's own doesn't give them enough information to release your from quarantine, as someone with active COVID-19 can also test high for antibodies. Which is why they need something else (a current negative PCR - which you should have had upon landing, a vaccination record, some earlier proof of having COVID-19 such as an earlier antibody test or a positive PCR test dated 14 days or more prior to the negative PCR test being submitted).

I'm not sure what online form you used, but if the form is anything like it was when I used it, I would just send in a scan of your US vaccination record in lieu of proof of previously having COVID-19 (which you can obviously do in response to the email, as they indicate).
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: May 25, 2021, 12:49:45 PM »
An antibody test on it's own doesn't give them enough information to release your from quarantine, as someone with active COVID-19 can also test high for antibodies. Which is why they need something else (a current negative PCR - which you should have had upon landing, a vaccination record, some earlier proof of having COVID-19 such as an earlier antibody test or a positive PCR test dated 14 days or more prior to the negative PCR test being submitted).

I'm not sure what online form you used, but if the form is anything like it was when I used it, I would just send in a scan of your US vaccination record in lieu of proof of previously having COVID-19 (which you can obviously do in response to the email, as they indicate).

Thanks. I replied to the email with my passport pic and vaccination record. Let’s see...

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: May 25, 2021, 02:55:06 PM »
Thanks. I replied to the email with my passport pic and vaccination record. Let’s see...

As you said:

So I'm officially quarantining in Israel now. 

So unless you have any encounter where you are required to show your passport, don't worry about it, the release will come sooner or later, and as long as you don't need to show your passport to anyone that checks against any database, you can take your quarantine along with you wherever you wish to go.
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: May 25, 2021, 02:57:10 PM »
As you said:

So unless you have any encounter where you are required to show your passport, don't worry about it, the release will come sooner or later, and as long as you don't need to show your passport to anyone that checks against any database, you can take your quarantine along with you wherever you wish to go.
And you don't need to leave the country
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: May 25, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »

That's included in

any encounter where you are required to show your passport,
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: May 25, 2021, 03:22:12 PM »
As you said:

TY

I do need to leave the country before the 14 days are up, that's why I did the antibody test

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #3278 on: May 25, 2021, 03:34:04 PM »
There were appointments avlb last week or was it two weeks ago and now when checking there's not one appnt avlb.

Any idea how to get one?

Meaning an appointment for the israeli consulate for a student to go study in Israel?

https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=18000412&calendarID=3108805
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: May 25, 2021, 04:52:48 PM »
This the response from Misrad hapnim it looks like this avenue is currently closed for first degree relatives?  back to NY consulate or Washington consulate route?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM
‪Subject: ‏‏לא ניתן למסירה: Re: בקשת כניסה לישראל עבור אחותי ושני ילדיה לביקור (תושבי ארה"ב)‬

המסירה לנמענים או לקבוצות אלו נכשלה:

corona-jerusalem@piba.gov.il
תיבת הדואר של הנמען מלאה ואין באפשרותו לקבל הודעות כעת. נסה לשלוח הודעה זו שוב מאוחר יותר או פנה אל הנמען ישירות.

any other recent dp on this anybody recently applied?