Topic Wiki

Some Lomdishe Acronyms For This Thread (Feel free to update the wiki as needed.)

AYLR – Ask Your Local Rabbi
KHLH – כל המקיל לא הפסיד
IMHnrO - In My Humble non-rabbinic Opinion
MB – Mishna Berura
MM - Mar'eh Makom
MMR – Machlokes Mechaber & Rema
NM - Nafka Minah
S – Siman
SF – Se’if
SHUA – Shulchan Aruch
SK – Se’if Katan
WTM – What’s The Mekor (?)
YMMV – Your Minhag May Vary

Author Topic: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions  (Read 993942 times)

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
Re: All Halocha Shailos and Tiffeh Questions
« Reply #6160 on: May 17, 2024, 03:04:42 PM »
I know of a story where someone shaved for a job interview at a non-Jewish company and didn't get the job when the interviewer told him how all the Jews in the office don't shave and you do.
Wow. There is a similar R' Yoel Gold story, where a man went to a job interview and decided not to wear his Yarmulke for whatever the reason was. He gets to the interview, and the Boss himself was a Frum Yid, obviously wearing a Yarmulke... He didn't get the Job...
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #6161 on: May 19, 2024, 12:52:43 AM »
I know of a story where someone shaved for a job interview at a non-Jewish company and didn't get the job when the interviewer told him how all the Jews in the office don't shave and you do.
My father loves saying this one over:
He was hired at Atlantic Records and he asked his Rebbe, Rav Shimon Shusholts zatzal, if he should get rid of his beard, tuck in tzitis, etc. The Rav leaned back in his chair and requested, "Describe your co-workers..." When my father was done listing dyed hair color and half-shaved heads and rings in scary places, the Rav smiled and said, "Keep your beard."
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: May 19, 2024, 05:10:23 AM »
If a Kohen accidentally ל״ע has a finger chopped off, can he bring it to the hospital to get reattached? (A Kohen is forbidden to be מטמא from אבר מן החי)
There’s a comprehensive Sefer on Tumas Kohanim (recent-forgot the name) who has a comprehensive discussion of multiple achronim dealing with this shailah. The consensus among most of them is that he can.

Offline imayid2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: May 19, 2024, 08:44:30 AM »
There’s a comprehensive Sefer on Tumas Kohanim (recent-forgot the name) who has a comprehensive discussion of multiple achronim dealing with this shailah. The consensus among most of them is that he can.
If you remember the name please let me know.