Author Topic: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall  (Read 48612 times)

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall
« Reply #720 on: January 19, 2024, 12:25:24 AM »
What does the Rebbe have to say about the last few days? Has anyone heard from him?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #721 on: January 19, 2024, 12:28:58 AM »

(This is the time to point out that the Rebbe זצ"ל did appoint specific people as official spokespersons,  and those who say there are none except the rebbe are explicitly ignoring their Rebbes own words.)

I guess you have seen the appointments. Because while there might be spokespeople of certain organizations. AFAIK no one can speak in the name of "Lubavitch" (as the old joke goes "איך וועל דיר ארויסווארפן פון ליובאוויטש")
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 19, 2024, 12:35:25 AM »

I would just like to personally apologize to anyone who had to sit through this colossal waste of time. Zev contacted me and asked me to come on to give the background and history of 770 expansion in general and this project in particular, which I was happy to agree to. Instead, he brought on three other people and had us talk over each other for two hours, so that no useful information whatsoever could be shared. Why not just have each guy on separately for half an hour so he can say what he's trying to say? Considering he's been on the radio for 40+ years, I was very unimpressed with both his choice of format and lack of control of the conversation.

After a long interview with the NY Post, two (largely unimportant) sentences of which actually made it into the final article, and this train wreck of a show, I'm still on the lookout for a journalist who's actually interested in hearing the real story of what happened here and why.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:05:19 AM by eitan770 »

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Tzfati Taliban Dig Tunnels Under 770
« Reply #723 on: January 19, 2024, 12:43:30 AM »
What does the Rebbe have to say about the last few days? Has anyone heard from him?

Yes, they have, in fact. Shortly after the cement trucks came (for the second time), the bochurim wrote to the Rebbe by way of the Igros Kodesh (a practice that I believe our very own @Dan has spoken about), and the answer they received was that they've done their part, and that they should now focus on adding in Limmud HaTorah and Kiyum HaMitzvos b'hiddur to fight the darkness with more light.

The prayer is that now that this has all been brought to light, and the entire world (even mainstream news outlets!) is talking about expanding 770, the community and askanim will keep up the pressure, and a real, lasting expansion will come out of all this.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #724 on: January 19, 2024, 01:34:30 AM »
Yes, they have, in fact. Shortly after the cement trucks came (for the second time), the bochurim wrote to the Rebbe by way of the Igros Kodesh (a practice that I believe our very own @Dan has spoken about), and the answer they received was that they've done their part, and that they should now focus on adding in Limmud HaTorah and Kiyum HaMitzvos b'hiddur to fight the darkness with more light.

Can you share the specific answer?

Can you share the language of questions asked throughout this "project" and the answers received?
-- Dan

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 19, 2024, 02:04:19 AM »
Can you share the specific answer?

Can you share the language of questions asked throughout this "project" and the answers received?

I wasn't told which letter it was, only the summary, but I can try to find out.

This was a 5-year project that involved dozens of people (most of whom are married and out of the country by now), but I can try to get some samples.

Offline WayBackMachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2024, 02:12:39 AM »

TLDR;
Long Live The Rabbi,
BTW digging never happened and no one talks about it

Offline TheAsh

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 19, 2024, 09:39:19 AM »

The prayer is that now that this has all been brought to light, and the entire world (even mainstream news outlets!) is talking about expanding 770, the community and askanim will keep up the pressure, and a real, lasting expansion will come out of all this.

I would love to ask the Rebbe about confirmation bias.
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #728 on: January 19, 2024, 10:03:10 AM »
I'm a heck of a lot funnier than Motti Seligson, you have to give me that.
Nice, we can use some more humor around these parts.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Online Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 19, 2024, 11:34:26 AM »
After a long interview with the NY Post, two (largely unimportant) sentences of which actually made it into the final article, and this train wreck of a show, I'm still on the lookout for a journalist who's actually interested in hearing the real story of what happened here and why.

Write it up yourself for DDF. These things have a way of getting around.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Offline Definitions2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 19, 2024, 11:39:48 AM »
I'm still on the lookout for a journalist who's actually interested in hearing the real story of what happened here and why.
Is this article mentioned before good?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/16/crown-heights-tunnels-tzfat-chabad-lubavitch-synagogue-brooklyn

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #732 on: January 19, 2024, 12:03:08 PM »

Or, if one believes the Rebbe is alive בגופו ממ"ש, one must question why he is saying silent. An unbelievable dereliction of.duty.

I know you're being sarcastic, but please don't decide what a Rebbe's duty is or isn't and certainly what would be a "dereliction of duty" for a Rebbe.

I'm reminded of a time when the "Tzfatim" set up "dollars" and as luck would have it, one of the Rebbe's secretaries walked by right before the time it "would start". So one of the gang leaders setting it up said, "Go tell the Rebbe we are ready for dollars." The mazkir responded, "I don't know who you are referring to, becuase my Rebbe decides his own schedule."

(This is the time to point out that the Rebbe זצ"ל did appoint specific people as official spokespersons,  and those who say there are none except the rebbe are explicitly ignoring their Rebbes own words.)

ממ"נ, if the Rebbe appointed a spokesman for himself, they would need to hear from the Rebbe what it is he wants them to say, which again would depend on them being able to hear the Rebbe's words begashmius. And if the Rebbe appointed spokespeaple for specific orginizations within Chabad, they would be speaking now in that capacity, not on behalf of "Lubavitch".

Online Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 19, 2024, 12:10:59 PM »
@TheAsh I understand the quest for clarity, and I understand the frustration with all the mixed messages, bs, and confusion. Please don't mix the Rebbe into any of it. People's interpretations and opinions are their own.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #734 on: January 19, 2024, 12:15:38 PM »

You may be funnier than Motti Seligson, but this is something he could have warned you of before you wasted your time, because he is, you know, a pro. It is almost never worth your while to talk with the media, they don't have your interests (or the truth) in mind.

Liked your Frumprov video. Would love to see more of that.

Offline TheAsh

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 19, 2024, 12:16:03 PM »
I know you're being sarcastic, but please don't decide what a Rebbe's duty is or isn't and certainly what would be a "dereliction of duty" for a Rebbe.

I'm reminded of a time when the "Tzfatim" set up "dollars" and as luck would have it, one of the Rebbe's secretaries walked by right before the time it "would start". So one of the gang leaders setting it up said, "Go tell the Rebbe we are ready for dollars." The mazkir responded, "I don't know who you are referring to, becuase my Rebbe decides his own schedule."

ממ"נ, if the Rebbe appointed a spokesman for himself, they would need to hear from the Rebbe what it is he wants them to say, which again would depend on them being able to hear the Rebbe's words begashmius. And if the Rebbe appointed spokespeaple for specific orginizations within Chabad, they would be speaking now in that capacity, not on behalf of "Lubavitch".

I am being sarcastic.
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #736 on: January 19, 2024, 12:21:10 PM »
I am being sarcastic.
I know, I said as much to start. I'm somewhat proficient in the form. And yet I still made the comment because it still applies.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 19, 2024, 01:40:09 PM »
I hear that the appeals court ruled in favor of CLI and dismissed the judgment in favor of Aguch.

So now can the Gaboim finally step down and allow for some law and order instead of anarchy?
-- Dan

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 19, 2024, 03:53:06 PM »
I hear that the appeals court ruled in favor of CLI and dismissed the judgment in favor of Aguch.

So now can the Gaboim finally step down and allow for some law and order instead of anarchy?
ROFL

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 19, 2024, 03:55:51 PM »
If when under that of losing the case, they had incentive to maintain order, they still refused to rein in their yaps, now post victory what's their incentive?