Topic Wiki

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/88534

Breakfast:
Paying guests get breakfast for free. If you are staying on points you need to be gold or diamond to get free breakfast. (source)

Parking:
Complimentary (No longer, is now 60sh for self park - Drago)

Shuls Nearby:
Great Synagogue - Approx. 7 minute walk
Kotel around 15min walk thru the mall & arab Shuk (Only suggested when soldiers are present like friday night on the way home)
Hotel has a Shul in the basement
Shul across the street

Hechsher: Plain Rabbanut Yerushayim (not mehadrin)
hechsherim in isreal
whatever your rabbi says you can eat, someone else's rabbi says is treif

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast (Hechsher, Early flight, etc') please PM shimino1

If you get free drinks vouchers and don't use them, I'll buy it off you for 10 shek per voucher.
PM shimino1

If anyone is planing on staying at Waldorf and not eating the free breakfast please PM dragoddfer, and he may be able to pay for the breakfast.

« Last edited by Mimo on October 25, 2022, 01:41:54 AM »

Author Topic: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem  (Read 1232372 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem
« Reply #2480 on: May 29, 2016, 02:19:53 AM »
Dan, did you tell the GM that if you don't get a satisfactory response you will post on DD about it? Should I tell the manager I know there and see if he comes back with a normal response?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 29, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »
Take it with a grain of salt but on of the frond desk manager's told me that even when hotel is not full they get reimbursed from Hilton at ADR.
He should of finished the sentence... because they play with the inventory to show as if they are full..

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 29, 2016, 07:51:30 AM »
If anybody is interested in full priced room for shavous PM me
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 29, 2016, 09:03:48 AM »
He should of finished the sentence... because they play with the inventory to show as if they are full..

Many people here post as if they know hiltons contract and are not even close.

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 29, 2016, 11:41:12 AM »

::)

Offline cholent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 29, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »
So share what you do know that nobody else does...
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 29, 2016, 03:34:13 PM »
That still doesn't explain how they can be getting killed by redemptions.
At the very most they are losing the cost difference between the nominal reimbursement and what it actually costs to clean the room.

Another potential loss is the growing expectation (already ingrained in many ppl) among the community that rather than be a 'friar' and pay full rates, just have a mileage TA can get you the rooms at a large discount. This includes ppl who would pay full rates if needed (b/c it's an amazing property, w/ a more trusted kashrus), but like all good Jews, want to save $$ when possible.

By making it easy to book with points, they're going to have many of these customers rely on the lower cost bookings rather than pay full rates, and conversely, even if they lose out on some incremental income (HH redemptions F&B > cleaning costs + breakfast), the change in the mindset among the community willl make it worthwhile long term.

Then there's also the concept of wanting a certain clientele and image, and opening up so many rooms to a 'lower' clientele may not be what they're looking for.

Offline SamKey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #2487 on: May 29, 2016, 11:21:34 PM »
Another potential loss is the growing expectation (already ingrained in many ppl) among the community that rather than be a 'friar' and pay full rates, just have a mileage TA can get you the rooms at a large discount. This includes ppl who would pay full rates if needed (b/c it's an amazing property, w/ a more trusted kashrus), but like all good Jews, want to save $$ when possible.

By making it easy to book with points, they're going to have many of these customers rely on the lower cost bookings rather than pay full rates, and conversely, even if they lose out on some incremental income (HH redemptions F&B > cleaning costs + breakfast), the change in the mindset among the community willl make it worthwhile long term.

Then there's also the concept of wanting a certain clientele and image, and opening up so many rooms to a 'lower' clientele may not be what they're looking for.

WOW the elephant in the room...

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 30, 2016, 05:57:08 AM »
WOW the elephant in the room...
I'm unsure why a comment on my weight was warranted, but plz stick to the issues.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 30, 2016, 05:58:45 AM »

I've never seen that happen

But cash guests are definitely more loyal, redemption guests will leave as soon as the flag does  ;D
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline shmuels2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: May 30, 2016, 03:20:31 PM »
Not related to all the brouhaha going on, but an interesting data point for some:

Booked a cash stay over shavuos in superior room. Waited while I earned certificates and points. By that point, standard availability was gone. Actually all availability was gone.

Held my breath and and had an agent (diamond line) cancel the cash reservations over the phone. Agent immediately saw the rooms go back into inventory and nabbed them with my points.

FWIW.

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 30, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
Not related to all the brouhaha going on, but an interesting data point for some:

Booked a cash stay over shavuos in superior room. Waited while I earned certificates and points. By that point, standard availability was gone. Actually all availability was gone.

Held my breath and and had an agent (diamond line) cancel the cash reservations over the phone. Agent immediately saw the rooms go back into inventory and nabbed them with my points.

FWIW.
Good to know! But they weren't able to just go into the existing reservation and change it to an award booking?

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 30, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
Good to know! But they weren't able to just go into the existing reservation and change it to an award booking?
That say they can't I've hucad multiple times

FWIW.
Is it always like that?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2493 on: May 30, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
Is it always like that?
Most hotels are.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shmuels2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 30, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »
Is it always like that?

As long as there's no waitlist/oversold. The WA doesn't have a waitlist. Neither does the Ritz Hertzliyah, though I'm not sure what their capacity controls are like.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 30, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »
Most hotels are.

As long as there's no waitlist/oversold. The WA doesn't have a waitlist. Neither does the Ritz Hertzliyah, though I'm not sure what their capacity controls are like.
Thanks that's good to know

Offline CS91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 30, 2016, 08:45:56 PM »
Can I book a room here for someone else under my Hilton account even though I won't be there (similar to what people do with Hyatt by putting down a second guest)?

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:10 PM »
Can I book a room here for someone else under my Hilton account even though I won't be there (similar to what people do with Hyatt by putting down a second guest)?
Many people have done that successfully. Never heard a single report of an issue

Offline CS91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 30, 2016, 09:06:36 PM »
Many people have done that successfully. Never heard a single report of an issue
Cool. Thanks.

Offline shmoe joe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 30, 2016, 09:20:30 PM »
Was there this past Thursday was supposed to stay till Monday but the place was full of Williamsburg and bp "yentas" they made minyunim all over the place didnt stop asking if i davened already,, so I canceled my stay (they gave me back my money after so talk) and stayed at king David
give some love (likes) to a brother!