Author Topic: United Mileage Plus  (Read 250193 times)

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Mileage Plus
« Reply #1100 on: February 02, 2024, 11:40:11 AM »
You can always get through to non premier agents by answering "no" when the system asks if it's you calling from your phone number.
Yes, not exactly that’s not the desired line.

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 02, 2024, 04:57:56 PM »
This is the way.
Award, after
Ok here’s the deal. Called 888-825-7684 the number from the email. Guy was not the brightest, but looking to help. He was clueless about tlv route or info etc and went on hold a few times to reach out to a back office to give exceptions to rebook way later down the line. Did a cash ticket and an award. I suspect as I think I mentioned earlier that my status was ruining it for me as I’d get transferred to Premier when calling this number. Today is Feb 1st and no more premier! Epic!
So I was just called by united about the cancelation of my Feb 15 ticket,  and unfortunately this department (flight recovery) was even tougher then the main line. They were not willing to change anything for me besides a refund

Apparently I have no luck

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 03, 2024, 07:08:04 PM »
So I was just called by united about the cancelation of my Feb 15 ticket,  and unfortunately this department (flight recovery) was even tougher then the main line. They were not willing to change anything for me besides a refund

Huca away. This has got to be one of my biggest Huca lessons ever. I mentioned this to every United rep I spoke to about anything, since it first got cancelled.

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 03, 2024, 07:44:54 PM »
Huca away. This has got to be one of my biggest Huca lessons ever. I mentioned this to every United rep I spoke to about anything, since it first got cancelled.

You mentioned what to the agents?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 03, 2024, 07:46:51 PM »

What did you mention to every united representative?
How many tries did you it take you ?
My problem is also that they keep looking at notes on the account which the first supervisor noted on the account that it can't be extended 😞

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 03, 2024, 08:53:58 PM »
What did you mention to every united representative?
How many tries did you it take you ?
My problem is also that they keep looking at notes on the account which the first supervisor noted on the account that it can't be extended 😞
That I had a cancelled flight and want to switch to other dates. Reason never mattered. Let’s remember that in normal times this would be pretty normal to switch to any date if a flight was cancelled on you.
I can’t tell you for sure but probably spoke to over 15 reps before it was actually done. Any rep I came across for other reservations I’d also mention this issue I have. Granted it happen to get done when calling specific for this. But I’d always try for it.
Don’t know about the notes but never sounded like they have on me. I don’t usually do the supervisor move with something like this. I’m more pro Huca. I especially go with the idea that less informed reps are better.

In other Huca news, converting United-Chase ultimate rewards booking from ftc to etc took HUChatA x4

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 03, 2024, 09:18:31 PM »
That I had a cancelled flight and want to switch to other dates. Reason never mattered. Let’s remember that in normal times this would be pretty normal to switch to any date if a flight was cancelled on you.
I can’t tell you for sure but probably spoke to over 15 reps before it was actually done. Any rep I came across for other reservations I’d also mention this issue I have. Granted it happen to get done when calling specific for this. But I’d always try for it.
Don’t know about the notes but never sounded like they have on me. I don’t usually do the supervisor move with something like this. I’m more pro Huca. I especially go with the idea that less informed reps are better.

In other Huca news, converting United-Chase ultimate rewards booking from ftc to etc took HUChatA x4

Agree with you on that the less experienced reps would be an advantage with that, assuming that they don't ask permission for anything they wana do.
On the other hand I don't think you can reschedule ANY date that you want if a flight gets canceled on you. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 03, 2024, 09:30:46 PM »
Agree with you on that the less experienced reps would be an advantage with that, assuming that they don't ask permission for anything they wana do.
On the other hand I don't think you can reschedule ANY date that you want if a flight gets canceled on you. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Deff easier to get an exception in normal times, here everyone is asking for it and the loss is huge if they agree. During Covid for example it was pretty easy. By me the system did not allow it, he said he was asking someone and that someone seemed to be letting it quite knowingly. So wasn’t just the less experienced, although without it the rep wouldn’t even have tried. Seemingly something led him to the right dep. for permission. Just gotta HUCA I guess.

Offline YOSSI170

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 04, 2024, 08:03:11 PM »

I had an award ticket for Feb 27, they called me today and changed it to May 20

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 04, 2024, 09:33:46 PM »
I had an award ticket for Feb 27, they called me today and changed it to May 20

I'm speechless  😶 .

We're they easy with it or had to ask higher department for permission etc. ?
Are you sure that the new date you chose wasn't available for the same amount of miles originally purchased?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:37:23 PM by Davidthebest »

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #1110 on: February 07, 2024, 01:34:58 AM »
I had booked a few flights on priceline. It was an E fare class ticket. Any reason the miles won't credit to my account?  Showing 0 miles and flight was taken on Jan 17, 2024.
 I found this on united.com, has this always been in place? Or was my past two books in this category?
Unpublished or opaque fares, including but not limited to those booked through priceline.com and Hotwire

Source; https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/united.html
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 08, 2024, 12:22:59 AM »
@Dan   the sad part that united doesn't even offer anymore to reschedule without difference on fare or miles even on star alliance partners. Even within 7 days of original flight .
Essentially saying all you can do is get a refund.
They have this weird rule, that you can only be rebooked without paying the difference, only within 7 days, and with the same carrier. So anybody that was booked/rebooked from Feb 25 and on can reschedule, since the next flight is March 2, but someone that was booked for example Feb 15 can only get a refund. Makes no sense and is horrible!!

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 08, 2024, 12:32:32 AM »
I had booked a few flights on priceline. It was an E fare class ticket. Any reason the miles won't credit to my account?  Showing 0 miles and flight was taken on Jan 17, 2024.
 I found this on united.com, has this always been in place? Or was my past two books in this category?
Source; https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/united.html
Figured it out. Thanks.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 08, 2024, 12:38:55 AM »
Figured it out. Thanks.
Care to share?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 08, 2024, 12:41:20 AM »
Care to share?
A round trip ticket was booked.  But what I didn't know was it was booked as two separate tickets. one way was booked on miles and one with cash.  Problem solved.

How many days after flying do miles kick in?

Offline baron

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 08, 2024, 01:10:51 AM »
A round trip ticket was booked.  But what I didn't know was it was booked as two separate tickets. one way was booked on miles and one with cash.  Problem solved.

How many days after flying do miles kick in?
Well E wouldn’t be the mileage ticket. Should post not more than a few hours after landing IINM.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 08, 2024, 11:45:25 AM »
@Dan   the sad part that united doesn't even offer anymore to reschedule without difference on fare or miles even on star alliance partners. Even within 7 days of original flight .
Essentially saying all you can do is get a refund.
They have this weird rule, that you can only be rebooked without paying the difference, only within 7 days, and with the same carrier. So anybody that was booked/rebooked from Feb 25 and on can reschedule, since the next flight is March 2, but someone that was booked for example Feb 15 can only get a refund. Makes no sense and is horrible!!
Would a DOT complaint help in such a scenario that they are not willing to rebook on any date?
Vs someone that was booked for Feb 27 would get to reschedule for March 2, even though all flights were canceled at the same time ?

Offline SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 08, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »
Would a DOT complaint help in such a scenario that they are not willing to rebook on any date?
Vs someone that was booked for Feb 27 would get to reschedule for March 2, even though all flights were canceled at the same time ?
Nope
They are not required to accommodate on a different date

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 08, 2024, 12:28:10 PM »
Nope
They are not required to accommodate on a different date

My question wasn't  regarding to accommodate on any date. They are not willing to accommodate at all. All they are saying is that  they don't have flights within 7 days of original flight booking. So they only offer a refund.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 08, 2024, 12:47:42 PM »

My question wasn't  regarding to accommodate on any date. They are not willing to accommodate at all. All they are saying is that  they don't have flights within 7 days of original flight booking. So they only offer a refund.

There are plenty of availability with higher miles within the 7 days. They won't rebook though.