Author Topic: United Mileage Plus  (Read 250220 times)

Offline Aviw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: United Mileage Plus
« Reply #1060 on: January 21, 2024, 01:32:34 PM »
United not showing LOT anymore? AC has 8 seats. Can united book it over the phone?

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 21, 2024, 08:23:16 PM »
How long does it take for miles to be redeposited after cancelling a ticket, last I did it i think it was instant, but now it seems to be taking time. Is it a few hours or days?

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 21, 2024, 11:52:39 PM »
How long does it take for miles to be redeposited after cancelling a ticket, last I did it i think it was instant, but now it seems to be taking time. Is it a few hours or days?
Should be instant.

Offline Ly18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP DL platinum VS silver HH diamond Marriott gold Avis PC National EE Enterprise platinum Hertz PC
« Reply #1063 on: January 22, 2024, 07:42:07 PM »
United not showing LOT anymore? AC has 8 seats. Can united book it over the phone?
United it seems got into a fight with LOT https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-News/Airline-News/United-LOT-Polish-Airlines-codeshare-lapses ...

Offline MoYS

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 22, 2024, 11:23:23 PM »
Should be instant.
Thanks.
I chatted but they told me something about 24-72 hours. I called and they manually processed it. No reason given for the delay.

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 23, 2024, 07:19:16 PM »
Anyone can help?

I had a saver award j booking made before 10/7 for Feb 5 ewr - tlv. Got canceled, Was waiting for united call me because as per dan notes on main site, those representatives have much more flexibility to rebook thru end of scheduling.
Unfortunately missed the call back. I called back and was over 3 hours (yes 3 hours!) With supervisor back and forth trying to rebook me for June. Nada. Only thing they could do was rebook me for Feb 15. Since that's the date they intend to start flying etc. They claimed that they have no way to connect me with the department that tried calling me it's a different dept. Anything I can do ?

Do the representatives that call still offer free rebooking thru end of scheduling?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 07:51:37 PM by Davidthebest »

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 23, 2024, 07:22:52 PM »
Anyone can help?

I had a saver award j booking made before 10/7 for Feb 5 ewr - tlv. Got canceled,  Was waiting for united call me  because as per dan notes on main site, that those representatives have much more flexibility to rebook thru end of scheduling. Unfortunately missed the call back. I called back and was over 3 hours (yes 3 hours!) With supervisor back and forth trying to rebook me for June. Nada. Only thing they could do was rebook me for Feb 15. Since that's the date they intend to start flying etc. They claimed that they have no way to connect me with the department that tried calling me it's a different dept. Anything I can do ?

Do the representatives that call still offer free rebooking thru end of scheduling?
Sorry you wasted your time. The regular number won't get you anywhere. Did you call back the correct number? It was posted somewhere here.

Offline baron

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 23, 2024, 07:39:18 PM »
Sorry you wasted your time. The regular number won't get you anywhere. Did you call back the correct number? It was posted somewhere here.

I think you’re referring to this number don’t think it’s any different than the main line.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 23, 2024, 07:48:29 PM »
. I called back the number that they left me in the voicemail to call back. Which is

And on the email they left this number
1-888-825-7684 but it gets to the same reservation department as above.

Per the CS the department that called me, is the flight recovery department.  And they are only doing outgoing calls according to them.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 23, 2024, 07:57:14 PM »
Anyone can help?

I had a saver award j booking made before 10/7 for Feb 5 ewr - tlv. Got canceled, Was waiting for united call me because as per dan notes on main site, those representatives have much more flexibility to rebook thru end of scheduling.
Unfortunately missed the call back. I called back and was over 3 hours (yes 3 hours!) With supervisor back and forth trying to rebook me for June. Nada. Only thing they could do was rebook me for Feb 15. Since that's the date they intend to start flying etc. They claimed that they have no way to connect me with the department that tried calling me it's a different dept. Anything I can do ?

When I told them that alot of people that I know were rebooked for free, they said that If I have some confirmation number as proof, then they can submit my proof and that might help me.
So if anyone got rebooked , kindly dm.

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #1070 on: January 24, 2024, 08:35:57 AM »
Anyone can help?

How about rebooking onto Feb 15, and when when that gets cancelled they'll call you again?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1071 on: January 24, 2024, 08:41:19 AM »
How about rebooking onto Feb 15, and when when that gets cancelled they'll call you again?
This is the way.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 24, 2024, 09:30:19 AM »
This is the way.
I was on the fence about this, and almost did that, but the supervisor supposedly claimed that this is a one time exception to change it outside 7 days from the original booking date. And they would not do it again.... didn't want to risk it. Also wasn't sure if the call back center still offer to change since lufthansa group started flying. Do you have any DP if they still offer change for any date ?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 24, 2024, 09:32:21 AM »
I was going to do that, see my reply above, I thought I'll wait another fee daya see if the call center tries to call me again, and if that's not happening I would have to take this route.

Offline monsey yid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 24, 2024, 09:12:43 PM »

I think you’re referring to this number don’t think it’s any different than the main line.

I called this number and they changed my flight to the summer for free
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 24, 2024, 09:35:19 PM »
I called this number and they changed my flight to the summer for free

When was that? Before lufthansa started flying to Israel or after ? Paid ticket or award ?

Offline monsey yid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 24, 2024, 11:07:58 PM »
When was that? Before lufthansa started flying to Israel or after ? Paid ticket or award ?
Award, after
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 24, 2024, 11:12:22 PM »
Award, after

Wow! I have some other questions will dm you if you don't mind.

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Platinum
« Reply #1078 on: January 25, 2024, 11:59:58 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct thread.

I have a $975 United Travel Certificate. I'm looking to book approximately $500 in basic economy tickets for a family trip. I have the United CC to offset the basic economy bag issues. The problem is, I don't see a way to only pay for part of the flight with the travel Certificate to leave a few dollars to put on the United CC.

Does anyone know a resolution here, or am I stuck having to pay for bags if I want to use my travel certificate for this booking?

Offline arflights

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 27, 2024, 11:51:50 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct thread.

I have a $975 United Travel Certificate. I'm looking to book approximately $500 in basic economy tickets for a family trip. I have the United CC to offset the basic economy bag issues. The problem is, I don't see a way to only pay for part of the flight with the travel Certificate to leave a few dollars to put on the United CC.

Does anyone know a resolution here, or am I stuck having to pay for bags if I want to use my travel certificate for this booking?

You can try booking some more passengers in the same reservation and then canceling them. Maybe that will be refunded to the ETC
PM me for a good deal on flights