Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1291067 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #7800 on: September 19, 2023, 01:49:00 PM »
Actually there were a couple coin deals that turned out really good and I emailed PFS asking if they'd consider raising my payout. To their credit, with absolutely no obligation on their end, they did.

So yeah this was a bit of a disaster deal, but I know they're doing their best and I wouldn't bad mouth PFS for anything. Though they did just issue my check and it was $19.80 short LOL... but besides that ::)
They sent me 4 cents extra.. I agree that this actually makes me trust PFS more
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Elishagotts

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: September 19, 2023, 06:04:04 PM »
They sent me 4 cents extra.. I agree that this actually makes me trust PFS more
The company is obviously taking a bath on this deal and is still offering to pay back the principal AND upfront before it sells! I really don't understand the backlash, ya it sucks to not get the commissions, but I still got the spend and the knowledge that I wasn't an a-hole

Offline YossieW

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: September 19, 2023, 06:53:05 PM »
The company is obviously taking a bath on this deal and is still offering to pay back the principal AND upfront before it sells! I really don't understand the backlash, ya it sucks to not get the commissions, but I still got the spend and the knowledge that I wasn't an a-hole

I kind of both agree and disagree with this sentiment

I agree that at least they did not leave everyone high and dry

I disagree in two parts
a) the bait and switch of promising one thing upfront, then another thing a few days later, and then finally a third solution which was what they should have admitted right away (especially since one of their excuses was cash flow which they would have had to do regardless based on their original commitment)
b) the reason they are willing to lose even if it's a significant amount is that on so many previous deals they made so much money and they got commitments from people who honored their commitments even when other places were offering significantly higher commissions but they felt a sense of loyalty based on previous deals which clearly is not a two way street

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: September 19, 2023, 07:00:22 PM »

The backlash is simple. This wasn't a loan which understandably the lender can/should feel bad for the borrower if his investment went sour.
This was a pure sale - if the funds were contingent on the deal ending up well, then the sellers were taking on a massive risk. That's unacceptable, and harms PFS reputation.
If this is their business model, they now need to add a asterisk on any future deal - we do not have the cash to pay you out unless our investment pans out as planned. Otherwise you may be high and dry.

I do think that most of the savvier sellers realize that they do not necessarily have the funds outright to purchase the coins/tickets/whatever unless they get the money from the anticipated eventual buyer/s. And those sellers are implicitly willingly taking on the risk. But some do not.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:25:16 PM by sddd »

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #7804 on: September 19, 2023, 07:24:44 PM »
Huh? I purchased something as their agent, whereby they assume all risk and reward. I would NEVER have purchased the tickets if I would not have had their guarantee, and I did not in turn try to flip them because we had a deal. I couldn’t care less how well they do as it’s not and never was my business. If they don’t pay for it, they’re stealing.

It’s great that they’re paying it back, but why in the world do you have in your head that this is a favor?! This is actually less than they promised. Some would still call it stealing.

(Like I’ve said, this makes me more likely to purchase for them in the future, but spare me the violin).

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #7805 on: September 19, 2023, 07:54:30 PM »
Not sure what is so hard to understand. They reneged on the offer. Why in the world would you trust them again?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Offline yg99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: September 19, 2023, 07:58:31 PM »

Though they did just issue my check and it was $19.80 short LOL... but besides that ::)

Send them an email.

I had the same thing and they paid.

Offline Elishagotts

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: September 19, 2023, 09:06:59 PM »
Huh? I purchased something as their agent, whereby they assume all risk and reward. I would NEVER have purchased the tickets if I would not have had their guarantee, and I did not in turn try to flip them because we had a deal. I couldn’t care less how well they do as it’s not and never was my business. If they don’t pay for it, they’re stealing.

It’s great that they’re paying it back, but why in the world do you have in your head that this is a favor?! This is actually less than they promised. Some would still call it stealing.

(Like I’ve said, this makes me more likely to purchase for them in the future, but spare me the violin).
Did you have a contract with them to buy your tickets? I get it if you don't want to trust them again, but they honestly owe you nothing, they didn't even take your tickets yet

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #7808 on: September 19, 2023, 09:14:34 PM »
Did you have a contract with them to buy your tickets? I get it if you don't want to trust them again, but they honestly owe you nothing, they didn't even take your tickets yet
Yes of course, when I filled out the original form it was a completely binding unilateral contract, is this a joke? And yes they did take the tickets, what makes you think they didn’t? What they do with them is not my business.

What makes you think they owe me nothing?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #7809 on: September 19, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »
I’m going to spell it out for you.

If you commit to buy something from me at a certain price, and I purchase the item on your behalf and send you the item, you owe me the money and can’t back out.

This is for example how options work.

Disagree with any of that?

Offline shmoe joe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: September 19, 2023, 09:45:08 PM »
Okay guys shifting gears. How much can i expect for Olivia Rodrigo codes?
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline smartymiki007

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: September 20, 2023, 04:57:08 PM »

On their website, we committed to buying these tickets for PFS (they took down the agreement) - to be clear NOT everyone got paid in full - I bought 8 tickets, NOT realizing I bought tickets that were being resold on Ticketmaster - I thought I was buying from Ticketmaster directly. I followed all instructions & I'm losing over $300 on this deal.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Any ideas on how to go about getting our full spend back? Please PM me
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 05:09:06 PM by smartymiki007 »

Offline lindnuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: September 20, 2023, 06:03:12 PM »
On their website, we committed to buying these tickets for PFS (they took down the agreement) - to be clear NOT everyone got paid in full - I bought 8 tickets, NOT realizing I bought tickets that were being resold on Ticketmaster - I thought I was buying from Ticketmaster directly. I followed all instructions & I'm losing over $300 on this deal.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Any ideas on how to go about getting our full spend back? Please PM me

I mean this will all due respect. I'm not trying to upset you and I feel badly for the position you are in.

But you did _not_ follow "all instructions". They specifically said not to buy resale tickets. In fact, due to this requirement and to make sure I didn't screw up, I made sure my ticket filters excluded all resales, VIP tickets, etc. and only searched for standard TM tickets.

Again, this sucks for you and I do feel badly, but any buying group is going to deny you when you don't follow their instructions.

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: September 20, 2023, 06:18:55 PM »

What if everyone did that and they'd be out an extra million because of the resellers premium? Clearly they only wanted to purchase at face value.
I actually believed initially that i bought resllers tix and therefore didnt opt in to PFS. Turns out I bought face (just front row of section which were more expensive) at that point PFS closed registration so im out a lot more than 300$

Offline lindnuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: September 20, 2023, 06:29:14 PM »
What if everyone did that and they'd be out an extra million because of the resellers premium? Clearly they only wanted to purchase at face value.
I actually believed initially that i bought resllers tix and therefore didnt opt in to PFS. Turns out I bought face (just front row of section which were more expensive) at that point PFS closed registration so im out a lot more than 300$

Also, they are not out $300. They can still resell for something, just might not be able to fully recoup. That's a very inexpensive lesson.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7815 on: September 20, 2023, 06:36:14 PM »

Sorry to hear about this mistake you made. I’m not involved at all but the entire business of buying tickets to resell is to buy tickets at face value directly from TM and resell at a premium.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: September 20, 2023, 06:38:06 PM »
Unrelated, but I can only imagine how much enjoyment 99% of the Americans would get from reading this thread.
Visibly Jewish

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #7817 on: September 20, 2023, 07:06:28 PM »
Unrelated, but I can only imagine how much enjoyment 99% of the Americans would get from reading this thread.
I am trying to figure out who thought buying Travis Scott tickets was a good idea. What's next, Mets tickets?  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Dow Jones Industrial Average Tops 40000 for the First Time

Offline sddd

• View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: September 20, 2023, 07:17:35 PM »
I am trying to figure out who thought buying Travis Scott tickets was a good idea. What's next, Mets tickets?  :)

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy :)
 Obviously the ticket ppl with years of experience and know how did, to the tune of millions invested.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: September 20, 2023, 07:34:18 PM »
One of the main reasons I stopped doing buying groups, although, I don't think I ever did any events or other scarce materials.