Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 691412 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #5160 on: October 28, 2021, 06:35:00 PM »
If it's not from a country on the approved list, it wouldn't help based on the directive.
Point is, it does exist in the US. Singapore requires it and turns out I was able to get it from Rite Aid.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: October 28, 2021, 07:48:41 PM »
Point is, it does exist in the US. Singapore requires it and turns out I was able to get it from Rite Aid.

How?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5163 on: October 28, 2021, 08:18:35 PM »

Does it work like this?

How does the certificate work?

The EU Digital COVID Certificate contains a QR code with a digital signature to protect it against falsification.

When the certificate is checked, the QR code is scanned and the signature verified.

Each issuing body (e.g. a hospital, a test centre, a health authority) has its own digital signature key. All of these are stored in a secure database in each country.

The European Commission has built a gateway through which all certificate signatures can be verified across the EU. The personal data of the certificate holder does not pass through the gateway, as this is not necessary to verify the digital signature. The European Commission also helped Member States to develop national software and apps to issue, store and verify certificates and supported them in the necessary tests to on-board the gateway.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: October 28, 2021, 09:40:24 PM »
I received my booster at a hospital in NJ. The third shot isn't in the registry so the Docket app only has the first two shots. However, the paper cards were accepted in Israel and I have a Tav Yarok. Anyone know how to get NJ to update their registry?

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #5165 on: October 28, 2021, 10:49:08 PM »
Does it work like this?

of course not. There are a few options to get this like clear or gogetdoc but they're just creating their own QR code for the info you give them. so technically it's worth as much as your (fakable) vaccine card.

Based on Israel's way of working up until now, I highly doubt they'll accept that. They only accept (real) QR codes from a list of countries with which they have agreement like you posted above so they can actually scan the QR code and verify it. This includes the EU as well as some other countries like morroco and Georgia who joined that system but US would never be able to achieve that. Wishful thinking is if NYS excelior pass joins it but I highly doubt that as well.

The only country that I know of that wants these above mentioned QR is egypt who wants (any) QR codes on both vaccine card or covid tests (covid tests can also have lab stamp which is very rare in the US)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: October 28, 2021, 11:04:30 PM »
Does it work like this?

I don’t think so. That EU architecture is pretty cool, kinda like how SSL certificates work.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #5167 on: October 28, 2021, 11:05:40 PM »
Final rules have not been approved. The only thing we have is the MOH recommendation quoted in the tweet above
Do we know how many levels of approval there are and who is the final approval?

I had seen somewhere (on Tues evening) that the new rules that came out last week were approved (perhaps incorrect?). I booked flights and a hotel yesterday to go next week -which i cancelled today (and at this point cant go next week anymore)
Assuming I still qualify under the newest "recommendation" would I be jumping the gun again to book for 2 weeks from now?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5168 on: October 28, 2021, 11:35:57 PM »
Does it work like this?

Thanks for answering @tmendy226 and @AsherO. In case it wasn't clear, it was meant as a rhetorical question. Questioning @Dan's
as anything of relevance.

I am not saying that they will never accept it, but I would faster see them backing down from that demand and insisting on presentation of something that is easily forged, than figuring out something sensible.
-- Dan

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: October 28, 2021, 11:54:09 PM »
Thanks for answering @tmendy226 and @AsherO. In case it wasn't clear, it was meant as a rhetorical question. Questioning @Dan's as anything of relevance.

I am not saying that they will never accept it, but I would faster see them backing down from that demand and insisting on presentation of something that is easily forged, than figuring out something sensible.

I was commenting on the system you quoted. If it was easy enough to quote just the part you quoted, I would have done so.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ad120

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: October 29, 2021, 12:21:35 PM »
I understand that COVID recovery requires digital proof of recovery within 180 of leaving Israel,
Do Vaccine Cards need to be digital as well?

Offline GershonNY

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: October 29, 2021, 01:15:31 PM »
I understand that COVID recovery requires digital proof of recovery within 180 of leaving Israel,
Do Vaccine Cards need to be digital as well?
https://chaimvchessed.com/questions-uncertainties-regarding-foreigner-entry-to-israel/

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: October 30, 2021, 10:42:30 PM »
Has anyone gotten an ishur from submitting to the embassies recently? Or they are not issuing anymore?

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: October 31, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »
https://embassies.gov.il/la/ConsularServices/Pages/Covid-19-updates.aspx

They still have the old link for entry permits for those who don't qualify under the new rules

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: October 31, 2021, 01:33:36 AM »
https://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1001389119

Test provider (for outbound flights) being replaced and prices to increase.
-- Dan

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5175 on: October 31, 2021, 03:37:35 AM »
https://embassies.gov.il/la/ConsularServices/Pages/Covid-19-updates.aspx

They still have the old link for entry permits for those who don't qualify under the new rules

"for those WHO DOESN'T HAVE a digital certificate"

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: October 31, 2021, 02:13:46 PM »
Now that the process has been officially approved and announced, I am sure we would all appreciated a real life update from someone using to paper CDC card to apply for entry, to let the DDF community know how this process works in real life. Thanks.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: October 31, 2021, 02:32:45 PM »
Anyone using eMed with the new vaccine entry?

Offline Tzioni

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: October 31, 2021, 06:12:10 PM »
Currently States do not share with each other their Vax database. However, the CDC does have a list of every single lot of vaccine dosages, and when they are released. That database is accessible to 'authorities' (not me and you). I don't know if Israel has access to it, but if you forge a card and the dates don't shtim with the release of that lot, svet zain tzures

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: October 31, 2021, 06:45:58 PM »
Currently States do not share with each other their Vax database. However, the CDC does have a list of every single lot of vaccine dosages, and when they are released. That database is accessible to 'authorities' (not me and you). I don't know if Israel has access to it, but if you forge a card and the dates don't shtim with the release of that lot, svet zain tzures

נאָר צרות האָבן מיר פֿון די ציונים...  ;)
-- Dan