Author Topic: Bingo 5towns  (Read 21288 times)

Offline Bored Bachur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bingo 5towns
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2024, 10:58:55 AM »
Btw, I heard from a cousin in Lakewood, they rarely seen more than like 20 people in the Lakewood location, and 1 or 2 cash registers open... So much for their "cheap prices everywhere".
what are the competing stores in Lakewoods prices if they are not that expensive (about which so many complain in the 5 towns) then that kind of makes sense because there would be no real need to go to them specifically.

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2024, 11:12:57 AM »
If you live in the 5towns, unless you are connected to the other stores, you have a personal interest in Bingo. For several years we have been overpaying (don't give me this garbage about high rent...). Now there is an option that not only is cheaper than how much the other stores were charging historically, but has also brought down many prices at other stores, mainly at KolSave. So yes, the current sales may be a little exaggerated (which is also a winner for us consumers), but I believe that even without sales, Bingo is cheaper than what we've been paying.
My point is that how could anybody be against Bingo (again, unless you're connected to the other stores)? We're winning by saving money, now and long-term, even if it won't be at the same rate we are saving right now.
DISCLAIMER: I have NOTHING to do with any store in the area. I just lived here for many years and have been more or less trapped by the high grocery prices since Brach's closed down.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2024, 11:31:25 AM »

One recent example is their Lakewood sale on POTF ice cream. Absolute loss leader, and it actually made the manufacturer upset, because it caused them problems all over the country.

The only brand of buckets ice cream I've ever seen it their Brooklyn store is Mehadrin.
So I don't buy ice cream there. 
So the conversation is about uniform pricing, and it's been said above that specialty items cater to the local market, But if Bingo can get POTF ice cream for Lakewood, why don't they bring it to Brooklyn???  I'm willing to pay the regular price for it.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2024, 12:12:07 PM »
It is clear from your post that you have some personal interest in some local stores.
Lol

Offline daybyday

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2024, 12:22:54 PM »
About time.. only question is what took so long for a well-priced store to open in 5towns. I would see people shlepping all the way to Brooklyn to save money on groceries, which is nuts.

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2024, 12:29:12 PM »
"It is clear from your post that you have some personal interest in some local stores."
Lol, I was gonna say that about you from the way you were posting all along...

I'm talking about the sale items. The other items are not that cheap -thats exactly my point (obviously with some exceptions).

"The cracker story you are talking about is either a fabrication or a freak accident. Generally, they're product dates are much better then most stores. I always check dates."

Shows how much you know about these Jewish brands. Try finding an expiration date on Shibolim crackers or most other brands, it doesn't exist -uts a closed code.(although there is on the case usually). And it's not only my own experience, several others I know of stopped shopping at bingo due to the quality and there's better prices elsewhere (on many things)

"Somebody locally who works helping needy families told me files are saving an average of 30% a week at Bingo. That's a huge number for many
people."

Garbage. But it's good to know Bingo hired people to go on these forums and WhatsApp chats, I guess it's part of their marketing budget... If they were a bit smarter they would get you to open a DDF account a bit earlier, so it wouldn't be that obvious that you're a paid spokesman of theirs...

Btw, I heard from a cousin in Lakewood, they rarely seen more than like 20 people in the Lakewood location, and 1 or 2 cash registers open... So much for their "cheap prices everywhere".
Kosher brands do have dates, or sometimes only dating codes. I check them all the time for yoshon purposes. Stores sometimes erase the codes when product is old.

True in Lakewood the store is not so full. The location is not good. But the main reason is because food pricing in Lakewood is very competitive and is kept low. GG Lakewood has very good prices. They are much cheaper than here. But for our neighborhood, where the prices are so high, nobody comes close to Bingo pricing. True, you might find an item or two less somewhere else in sale, but on a general shopping, you are saving 30% on average.

Just a small example, a 9x13 at Mechy's Bingo is $50 compared to $95 at GG. I assume they are saving money since they are using Birdsboro meat direct.

I have zero affiliation with Bingo. I would be just as happy if Moishes came to town. I am saving a lot of money on my weekly shopping trips.

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2024, 12:34:00 PM »
The only brand of buckets ice cream I've ever seen it their Brooklyn store is Mehadrin.
So I don't buy ice cream there. 
So the conversation is about uniform pricing, and it's been said above that specialty items cater to the local market, But if Bingo can get POTF ice cream for Lakewood, why don't they bring it to Brooklyn???  I'm willing to pay the regular price for it.
I believe POTF has a deal not to sell their milk or products in Brooklyn. When they opened they did it as a service to areas who were not getting Cholov Yisroel. They did not want to compete with the existing companies. That is why you don't find their mk anywhere in New York, except for Stop and Shop because they are not based here.

It's a chidush that KS is able to get their ice cream.

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2024, 12:49:07 PM »
Kosher brands do have dates, or sometimes only dating codes. I check them all the time for yoshon purposes. Stores sometimes erase the codes when product is old.

True in Lakewood the store is not so full. The location is not good. But the main reason is because food pricing in Lakewood is very competitive and is kept low. GG Lakewood has very good prices. They are much cheaper than here. But for our neighborhood, where the prices are so high, nobody comes close to Bingo pricing. True, you might find an item or two less somewhere else in sale, but on a general shopping, you are saving 30% on average.

Just a small example, a 9x13 at Mechy's Bingo is $50 compared to $95 at GG. I assume they are saving money since they are using Birdsboro meat direct.

I have zero affiliation with Bingo. I would be just as happy if Moishes came to town. I am saving a lot of money on my weekly shopping trips.
Correction-Bingo potato kugel is only $25, not $50 (just bought it last week. It was delicious 🤤)

Online ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2024, 01:16:55 PM »
Correction-Bingo potato kugel is only $25, not $50 (just bought it last week. It was delicious 🤤)
the yerushalmi kugel was 8.99 for a small. had better flavor than both mechy's (seasons) and 550 but used wide noodles instead of spaghetti noodles which was a little off-putting .

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2024, 01:17:59 PM »
You're allowed to be frustrated.

I haven't read your posts, but someone mentioned bashing them, So I want to say something about that, but I'm not necessarily saying it davka about you.

Even if someone is frustrated, they are not allowed to bash them, especially in a public forum. It's pure lashon hora (clearly does not meet the Chofetz Chaim's criteria for toeles for several reasons, including the fact that it can't be out of negative feelings) and the fact that there are are probably hundreds of people reading these posts makes it worse.

I don't know if you see a certain Rav's halacha WhatsApp status posts, but he has been posting recently about the topic.
apparently there is a WA group which starting off comparing KS to bingo pricing but quickly devolved into a bashing forum.

Offline Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2024, 01:19:36 PM »
the yerushalmi kugel was 8.99 for a small. had better flavor than both mechy's (seasons) and 550 but used wide noodles instead of spaghetti noodles which was a little off-putting .

CMIIW, but Bingo 5T deli is Mechy's.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2024, 01:21:00 PM »
CMIIW, but Bingo 5T deli is Mechy's.
it is. but the yerushalmi kugel in all 3 locations is different (i'm assuming other items as well)

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2024, 02:13:40 PM »
Ok people, enough shop wherever you want. Unless you have constructive information or find a deal you want to share please enough with the comparing and the bashing. If someone wants to shop around for a better grocery receipt. I promise they will/already did shop and bingo. I think we all can agree that for a long time we didn’t have a new grocery open so it’s exciting. Now Let the stores figure out how to get the customers to shop as opposed to what it used to be that we had to manage with what we have

Offline syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 04, 2024, 02:16:13 PM »
I was referring to the cholent, but I'm glad you enjoyed!

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 04, 2024, 02:18:12 PM »
I was referring to the cholent, but I'm glad you enjoyed!
Oh yes, the cholent was delicious too. Bought a pound container for toameha. But I don't recall the price though.

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 04, 2024, 02:21:44 PM »
Yerushalmi kugel with wide nudels is like potato kugel with zuccini instead of potato

Online ushdadude

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 04, 2024, 02:46:19 PM »
Oh yes, the cholent was delicious too. Bought a pound container for toameha. But I don't recall the price though.
i considered it thursday night but didn't want a full container and didn't want to have to heat. i wonder if they'll get a cholent/kugel bar eventually

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #157 on: March 04, 2024, 02:48:28 PM »
That was enough to have on shabbos?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 04, 2024, 03:02:52 PM »
i considered it thursday night but didn't want a full container and didn't want to have to heat. i wonder if they'll get a cholent/kugel bar eventually
chulant was hot. Took it home (5 minutes drive) and ate it. Didn't need to reheat. And they fill it up as much as you want. Don't need to take a full lb.

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2024, 03:03:11 PM »
That was enough to have on shabbos?
Was on for Thursday night