Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1180596 times)

Offline dsprod

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz pc, Marriott gold, United premier platinum, star alliance gold.
Re: Stocks
« Reply #5920 on: September 23, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »
anyone have any stock or options for a quick buck??

Offline shie123

• View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: September 26, 2021, 01:08:58 AM »
anyone have any stock or options for a quick buck??
Safe investments: DAC and AAPL on this dip more speculative NIO but it's highly speculative and risky as there is an offering out and China, so I would cut under 35s and load in the 30s long term it is definitely the question is where is a good entry

Offline madhocker

• View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: September 29, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
Do we still hold on?
I'm holding until some update on US approval. Looks like the drug was approved for use in Japan, which was probably the catalyst for the leg higher over the past week.

Offline shie123

• View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: October 04, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »
Good dip buys DAC and ZIM in the very hot shipping sector although DAC will prob fall some more
Spy puts are the most fun intraday these days I got 250% today roughly 100% on Friday

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: October 04, 2021, 08:38:01 PM »

Do we still hold on to CCXI?
I'm holding until some update on US approval. Looks like the drug was approved for use in Japan, which was probably the catalyst for the leg higher over the past week.
Agree.  Likely to be approved by the FDA. I think the decision is scheduled for Oct 7 - this Thursday. Would probably spike then.
Then you sell.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:42:00 PM by ckmk47 »
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5925 on: October 04, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »
Good dip buys DAC and ZIM in the very hot shipping sector although DAC will prob fall some more
Spy puts are the most fun intraday these days I got 250% today roughly 100% on Friday
Zim has been doing great, I bought a while back when someone meantioned to buy at $23-$24.
  Though I wish I bought more at that price.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline madhocker

• View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: October 05, 2021, 08:54:03 AM »

'intraday trades'- otherwise known as 'gambling'.

I would be extremely cautious playing this. If you don't get in and out at exactly the right time, you can be looking at big losses. Timing the market is tough even in the long term, כל שכן over the course of 1 day.

Don't let yesterday's success lull you into a sense of  mastership on this. Unless you have a crystal ball, of course.

Offline Mf1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: October 05, 2021, 09:32:56 AM »
Zim has been doing great, I bought a while back when someone meantioned to buy at $23-$24.
Are there any halachik issues being that it's an Israeli company?

Offline GershonNY

• View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: October 05, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
Same here, thats life with stocks either you wish you didn't buy it or you wish you bought more ;)

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: October 05, 2021, 02:12:31 PM »
I’m a newbie here can anyone recommend any short term good stock? Pm is fine too

Thanks
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5930 on: October 05, 2021, 02:22:13 PM »
I’m a newbie here can anyone recommend any short term good stock? Pm is fine too

Thanks

Best way to invest successfully is to ask any random Joe Schmoe on an anonymous (pseudonymous) forum for a stock tip.  :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:14:06 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online Mordyk

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #5931 on: October 05, 2021, 03:20:45 PM »
Best way to invest successfully is to ask any random Joe Schmoe on an anonymous (pseudonymous) forum for a short term get rich stock tip.  :P
FTFT
#TYH

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: October 05, 2021, 05:28:53 PM »
I recently opened an e*trade account and I started playing around a little, with the intention of becoming familiar with the stock market. I put in just a few dollars, and have been doing what most here call 'speculating' - taking shots on random stocks.

What will the impact be when I file taxes? I made a few dollars, but nothing near the limit to disqualify me for unearned income credits. How much does a standard accountant charge to file capital gains documents? Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5933 on: October 05, 2021, 05:57:06 PM »
I recently opened an e*trade account and I started playing around a little, with the intention of becoming familiar with the stock market. I put in just a few dollars, and have been doing what most here call 'speculating' - taking shots on random stocks.

What will the impact be when I file taxes? I made a few dollars, but nothing near the limit to disqualify me for unearned income credits. How much does a standard accountant charge to file capital gains documents? Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Wow. You are on a roll.

First you ask about a cheap professional. Now you ask about a standard accountant. What's next?

If you would do the trading within a ROTH IRA you wouldn't have a tax issue (presuming you didn't buy anything that gives a K-1 and could trigger UBTI.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: October 05, 2021, 06:22:38 PM »
Wow. You are on a roll.

First you ask about a cheap professional. Now you ask about a standard accountant. What's next?
Pareve cholent
If you would do the trading within a ROTH IRA you wouldn't have a tax issue (presuming you didn't buy anything that gives a K-1 and could trigger UBTI.
If I want to do more serious trading, I would look into a ROTH IRA. I'm not holding there, and I didn't do any major trades. I'm asking about individual tax costs.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: October 05, 2021, 08:49:24 PM »

will the brokerage let you download the 1099 straight into TurboTax?

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: October 05, 2021, 08:55:02 PM »

I would familiarize myself with "wash loss" rules 

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: October 05, 2021, 09:05:21 PM »
Pareve cholentIf I want to do more serious trading, I would look into a ROTH IRA. I'm not holding there, and I didn't do any major trades. I'm asking about individual tax costs.
A Roth IRA isn't only for serious trading, it's very easy to open online and you can trade without any concern of paying taxes when following it's structure. Funding a Roth IRA actually adds additional $200 to your earned income tax credit, with your spouse it's $400.

Offline shie123

• View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: October 05, 2021, 09:18:57 PM »
'intraday trades'- otherwise known as 'gambling'.

I would be extremely cautious playing this. If you don't get in and out at exactly the right time, you can be looking at big losses. Timing the market is tough even in the long term, כל שכן over the course of 1 day.

Don't let yesterday's success lull you into a sense of  mastership on this. Unless you have a crystal ball, of course.
It's not gambling if you know how to read charts and recognize support and resistance I know the risks I haven't started yesterday. getting in and out at the exact time is what I do and you don't need a crystal ball for that. you just have to know what your doing and practice this enough. I didn't have one day success I have been doing this for months. and my plays goes easily 50-100% and if I am lucky I magae to get 200% and up in one day.

Offline Zevwolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: October 05, 2021, 09:25:07 PM »
It's not gambling if you know how to read charts and recognize support and resistance I know the risks I haven't started yesterday. getting in and out at the exact time is what I do and you don't need a crystal ball for that. you just have to know what your doing and practice this enough. I didn't have one day success I have been doing this for months. and my plays goes easily 50-100% and if I am lucky I magae to get 200% and up in one day.
Did you take any trading course?