Topic Wiki

Since Vanilla Reloads are no longer able to be purchased with a CC at CVS or any other location, this thread is for historical purposes only.

If I would write where VR is available, by tomorrow it will never be available again. So instead, we will nominate this thread as the place where everyone can complain that there's no VR, and everyone will be happy.

And it was good.

Regarding OneVanilla (OV) and other Vanilla branded GCs:

1. These are not Vanilla Reloads. You are in the wrong thread to learn about them.

2. As long as you are here, they no longer work at WM to load to BB at the cashier or ATM, nor will they work there for MOs. Your best bets are to use Evolve (there is a thread for that), Amazon Payments (there is a thread for that, too), or use them for regular spending in stores or online. At some grocery stores customer service desks, you can use OV to buy a MO.
« Last edited by Freddie on August 27, 2014, 03:10:03 AM »

Author Topic: Buying Vanilla Reload and/or Visa Vanilla Reload with a CC in the NY area  (Read 471678 times)

Offline AWAYD

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I may be opening your eyes and you will abuse it and it will close it for all of us, but...

Let us see whether good things go unpunished

1. Approach a CVS manager that orders gift card section
2. Show him MVD and point in the back that they are to carry the reload (complimentary goods)
3. They can and will order for you...

That is how I am getting mine

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
I may be opening your eyes and you will abuse it and it will close it for all of us, but...

Let us see whether good things go unpunished

1. Approach a CVS manager that orders gift card section
2. Show him MVD and point in the back that they are to carry the reload (complimentary goods)
3. They can and will order for you...

That is how I am getting mine
This is assuming you find a CVS that sells MVD and not VR...
most of the ones i found either sell both or neither. Often I find VR and not MVD
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline AWAYD

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Does not matter. They have it in catalog and can order.

When (back in the days) I was managing one- and a customer would come and ask- I would order and if this is sold - no problem to order more

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
Does not matter. They have it in catalog and can order.

When (back in the days) I was managing one- and a customer would come and ask- I would order and if this is sold - no problem to order more
Sounds like it might normally work, but the general impression I get is that these stores have for whatever reason decided not to order VR or even MVD cards.
Who knows, maybe they weren't selling so they stopped. Let's not forget this only came to light in the last 6-12 mos, while VR have been around for a few years.
Can't hurt to ask.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline jmansour

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
definitely is getting tougher to find but i was able to buy this morning with a CC, the only difference is I had to do it at the register instead of the self serve checkout.

Offline wierdal832

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
definitely is getting tougher to find but i was able to buy this morning with a CC, the only difference is I had to do it at the register instead of the self serve checkout.

the pros of working in middle of nowhere, i did 3k in VR today the ppl there know i come in everyday

Offline Menucha

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
any place that has no $200 limit for cc?

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
the pros of working in middle of nowhere, i did 3k in VR today the ppl there know i come in everyday
Where do you work?
City/Town/Geographical region is fine  ;)
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline wierdal832

• View Profile
Where do you work?
City/Town/Geographical region is fine  ;)

how abt i also tell u which cvs, cant risk it bec then ppl r gona start driving there

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
how abt i also tell u which cvs, cant risk it bec then ppl r gona start driving there
davka don't want that. Was wondering somethign along the lines of say central jersey, upstate NY, Long Island, Connecticut etc.
Lots o CVS's in those areas. Just wondering?
I have a few in an area north of the city that have let me buy 3.5K in one shot.  Didn't buy more cuz i didn't want to risk FR or the like, and only had 4 cards i needed to use @the time:-)
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline AWAYD

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Agreed. I am not too sure that doing like Dan - 10K in one shot is wise in tri-state area with more and more merchants not carrying VR.

I personally try to do either 1k on me and 1k on wifey or 2k on 1 card, not more than this a day

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
So far I went into a lot of branches in the NJ area (even in the greater Boro Park) and they DID have MVD but not VR... and they DID accept CC, one PB branch didn't accept, one did, I used self checkout (they have to scan rep. card 3 times during the transaction), don't know if it would work otherwise.

Offline wayfe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
A related note- that might be helpful to some:

Gift Card Mall allows you to purchase a $1000 visa gift card with a 3.95 purchase fee plus $1.99 standard USPS shipping and $0.18 tax. Total $1006.12

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline Menucha

• View Profile
davka don't want that. Was wondering somethign along the lines of say central jersey, upstate NY, Long Island, Connecticut etc.
Lots o CVS's in those areas. Just wondering?
I have a few in an area north of the city that have let me buy 3.5K in one shot.  Didn't buy more cuz i didn't want to risk FR or the like, and only had 4 cards i needed to use @the time:-)

Notur, lets say CVS allow it, does ink have any issue with it? would it target a phone call?

Offline wierdal832

• View Profile
Notur, lets say CVS allow it, does ink have any issue with it? would it target a phone call?

Nope no issue. I just got an ink and spent 5k in 2 days at cvs

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
I don't think i ever got a call on the ink cards. I got for BA multiple times but just wanted confirmation. For amex i got a call once for each new card.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Online ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
A related note- that might be helpful to some:

Gift Card Mall allows you to purchase a $1000 visa gift card with a 3.95 purchase fee plus $1.99 standard USPS shipping and $0.18 tax. Total $1006.12
It looks like you can't cash those out at a bank.  If so, all you're doing is moving spending- not adding to it.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Menucha

• View Profile
staples were unable to process more than 3x 200 cards on ink. register asked for a different form of payment.

tried several times. called ink. they didnt see a problem on their end, said they were willing to speak with staples and get info of what the transaction codes are so they can try to see why an issue.

Staples tried again. were able to process only with another cc. any idea why? any resolution?

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
staples were unable to process more than 3x 200 cards on ink. register asked for a different form of payment.

tried several times. called ink. they didnt see a problem on their end, said they were willing to speak with staples and get info of what the transaction codes are so they can try to see why an issue.

Staples tried again. were able to process only with another cc. any idea why? any resolution?

I alternated between my 2 Ink cards. I swiped 13 in less then 10 min collectively

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile

I.ve easily purchased 6 $200 GC with my ink on 1 transaction. did it at multiple staples locations.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!