Topic Wiki

PFS has purchased the exclusive rights on Coin offers on DD/DDF, going forward no other offers will be permitted.Sign up here.

Click HERE to see current coin deal!

-No commercial advertising.
-Discussion of forum moderation actions and forum rules must be done via the Private Messaging (PM) system.

Note: PFS Buyers Club takes full and sole responsibility for the reimbursement of these coins. That includes thousands of happy participants!

If you miss out on a coin deal you can try to check the following day/days for coins to get back into stock due to canceled orders.
Exactly 7:30am EST.

Remember to use the same Credit Card, Shipping, and Billing info, all on the same name and address.

Buying/Selling is only in the other thread.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=post;quote=2487679;topic=62276.6650;last_msg=2488130

Cards that do not earn on US Mint purchases:
Fidelity Cashback (2%)

Amex: Effective January 15, 2021, the definition of a cash advance will now include “precious metal coins or bullion.” However, as of July 2021, this does not seem to be enforced.

[/b]
« Last edited by yos9694 on August 18, 2021, 01:46:13 PM »

Author Topic: New Coin Deal  (Read 1448928 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: New Coin Deal
« Reply #7820 on: September 20, 2023, 09:30:06 PM »
Obviously the ticket ppl with years of experience and know how did, to the tune of millions invested.
I know many of these people and these tickets were not on their list.
Now the real TS is where millions are being made.  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half
Simone Biles: “I love my black job”

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: September 21, 2023, 09:32:47 AM »
I followed all instructions & I'm losing over $300 on this deal.

+1, over $1,000 here let alone promised commission...

But you did _not_ follow "all instructions". They specifically said not to buy resale tickets.

Those "instructions" were sent in a follow up email while the deal was going on and people had already bought tickets before or where in the middle of grabbing some and didn't get a chance to see it...

As many have mentioned, I feel really bad for them and it's sad to hear about their losses but this doesn't mean that people that were promised a profit should need to take a loss... I do give them give credit for stepping up and addressing it... but still...

I would be curious to hear [user=1]Dan[/user] input on the situation.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:35:56 AM by Live N Learn »
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Elishagotts

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: September 21, 2023, 12:23:04 PM »
I do agree that the instructions could of been alot more clear, I also think it was poorly constructed in general, imo when ppl are in a certain line of business they forget that what may seem obvious to them isn't at all to someone else, someone who has never bought tickets before wouldn't know to look out for obvious things such as obstructed view or reseller tickets ect.

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • CardCenter - Discounted gift cards
« Reply #7823 on: September 21, 2023, 01:10:35 PM »
It's amazing how people still think buying groups  are some charity organization here to help you spend on your credit card..
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: September 21, 2023, 01:22:37 PM »
Okay guys shifting gears. How much can i expect for Olivia Rodrigo codes?

Email went out. They are paying $100 IF they use your code.

Offline smartymiki007

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: September 21, 2023, 01:58:28 PM »
I mean this will all due respect. I'm not trying to upset you and I feel badly for the position you are in.

But you did _not_ follow "all instructions". They specifically said not to buy resale tickets. In fact, due to this requirement and to make sure I didn't screw up, I made sure my ticket filters excluded all resales, VIP tickets, etc. and only searched for standard TM tickets.

Again, this sucks for you and I do feel badly, but any buying group is going to deny you when you don't follow their instructions.

Like I said "I thought I was buying from Ticketmaster directly" - like many people buying on Amazon, they don't realize they're buying from a third-party reseller.

Offline white winter

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: September 21, 2023, 02:26:51 PM »
It's amazing how people still think buying groups  are some charity organization here to help you spend on your credit card..

Its amazing to see how completely ignorant you are

Offline smartymiki007

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: September 21, 2023, 02:47:11 PM »
If you lost money in this Travis Scott deal from opting in with PFS - please inbox me
Thanks!

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: September 21, 2023, 03:32:05 PM »
If you lost money in this Travis Scott deal from opting in with PFS - please inbox me
Thanks!
Are you offering to buy them?

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • CardCenter - Discounted gift cards
« Reply #7829 on: September 21, 2023, 04:05:51 PM »
Its amazing to see how completely ignorant you are
Cool story bro.
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #7830 on: September 21, 2023, 04:44:16 PM »
Do they offer extra upside when the deal is 'unexpectedly' positive in their favor?

IINM (and I'm not going to search for this), PFS themselves made this exact claim on this very thread when they were asking people to keep to their commitment to sell them the coins to PFS for a lower commission even after the price had shot up, saying that if the situation were reversed and the prices would tank, they would honor their commitment to the buyers.

I have no skin in this, I didn't buy tickets (and haven't bought coins for years), but it's quite telling to see what happens to all the talk (on both sides) about honesty, fairness, and honoring commitments when the shoe is on the other foot

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: September 21, 2023, 05:40:05 PM »
IINM (and I'm not going to search for this), PFS themselves made this exact claim on this very thread when they were asking people to keep to their commitment to sell them the coins to PFS for a lower commission even after the price had shot up, saying that if the situation were reversed and the prices would tank, they would honor their commitment to the buyers.

I have no skin in this, I didn't buy tickets (and haven't bought coins for years), but it's quite telling to see what happens to all the talk (on both sides) about honesty, fairness, and honoring commitments when the shoe is on the other foot

I was fascinated reading through this forum...

1. Speculating on what any metal price will do over the next week, month, year, or decade isn't a great idea for ones money. You can contact a financial advisor and find many more interesting real investments to get involved in.

The dollar strength has obviously hurt all commodity prices which are priced in dollars. That trade/thesis is the consensus at this point, but is way oversubscribed in my opinion, but who knows.

2. I've been doing this for almost 10 years now. I have built great relationships with some of the largest and most reputable dealers and shopping networks around. When they look for quantity, i get involved.

This does not mean the price will automatically rise in the after market, nor does it mean that the item will even sell out! There have been tons of deals that i have been involved in where people have lost money. Many times it was me who lost, other times it was the dealers, there's no free lunch here.

The buyers that i get - at least the ones that i look to work with - are not in the business to speculate - they are looking for a guaranteed, quick, and easy return.

What I have read on this forum, is somewhat disturbing. To use somebody such a myself as a safety net to eliminate your downside, and play the upside for free, is not only unethical, but it's stealing. Those even contemplating it should be ashamed.

3. This shouldn't be looked at as an investment by buyers. The money is being floated by the credit card companies. As long as you trust me, or others doing similar things as i do, the higher you spend and "lay out", the better! All else equal, the commission should be less the more you pay because you're getting more points/miles, and have the ability to hit spending limits.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: September 21, 2023, 06:24:00 PM »
fwiw I bought as many as I had the guts to run up on my credit card, 14 tickets in total, before I chickened out on getting more. Was about as much as I could risk on the off chance PFS didn't come through on their end of the bargain lol...

My sentiment above. Even after 7 years, ~30 deals, and a lot of money exchanging hands... every time it is never a sure thing.

I just inherently knew better than to get the reseller tickets, even though it crossed my mind because some were technically in the price range of the offer! Those tickets should be compensated for and hope PFS comes through for them. But I sure didn't know to look out for obstruction seats, so I definitely got lucky on that. I don't know how Ticketmaster presents that there's an obstruction.. I wouldn't have bought one if I saw it but I don't know how easy it would be to miss in checkout.

Offline lindnuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: September 21, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »
+1, over $1,000 here let alone promised commission...

Those "instructions" were sent in a follow up email while the deal was going on and people had already bought tickets before or where in the middle of grabbing some and didn't get a chance to see it...

As many have mentioned, I feel really bad for them and it's sad to hear about their losses but this doesn't mean that people that were promised a profit should need to take a loss... I do give them give credit for stepping up and addressing it... but still...

I would be curious to hear [user=1]Dan[/user] input on the situation.

Do you have the original instructions? I recall the instructions directing me only to get certain tickets, I only saw that follow up email well after I'd purchased multiple tickets.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: September 21, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »

Offline yg99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: September 21, 2023, 10:50:24 PM »

Do you have the original instructions? I recall the instructions directing me only to get certain tickets, I only saw that follow up email well after I'd purchased multiple tickets.
They kept on adding restrictions as the day went on. I'm happy I got paid out but they should have paid some, if not all, commission.

Here is the original instructions:

Thank you again for opting in to the Travis Scott Tickets deal.

All tickets will be going on sale today, August 31st, with each show's sale starting at 10 AM local time in the respective city. This means that tickets will go on sale at 10 AM Eastern, 11 AM Eastern, 12 PM Eastern, and at 1 PM Eastern, depending on the show.

Below are some instructions and tips to help you be successful in purchasing tickets.

Travis Scott Specific Instructions:
Tickets can be purchased for ANY Travis Scott Utopia Tour Presents Circus Maximus show listed on https://www.ticketmaster.com/travis-scott-tickets/artist/1788754.
Do not purchase single tickets.
Purchase tickets that are less than $300 list price. (It's fine if, after taxes and fees, it comes out to more than $300.)
Ticketmaster won't let you purchase more than 8 tickets per show.

Travis Scott Specific Nice-to-haves:
If there are GA (General Admission) Floor tickets available, please purchase those.
Otherwise, try to get the cheapest available tickets.
Best shows to purchase for are Atlanta and Boston.
For the later hours (11 AM, 12 PM, and 1 PM Eastern), these cities are best: Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Miami, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York, Newark, and Toronto.

Offline liosac

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: September 23, 2023, 08:34:26 PM »
There is no free lunch. Even cheap seats are netting 1k.

Netting or grossing? $600 of gross sales to receive a 1099 is tyranny.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: September 23, 2023, 08:38:06 PM »
Netting or grossing? $600 of gross sales to receive a 1099 is tyranny.
I was pointing out even on $1xx tickets they are netting 1K+ profit. They can afford to pay the tax.
Let's remember the profit was always taxable. They just lowered the cheating threshold.  ;)