Author Topic: Lag Baomer in Meron 2022  (Read 20743 times)

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lag Baomer in Meron 2022
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2022, 07:16:21 PM »
It also causes migration between the hadlakos and more people simply moving all around in all directions.
FWIU only Boyan will be allowed to have a hadlakah, not more even at different times.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2022, 07:26:04 PM »
I understand the issue with the regulations, but if we were totally honest with ourselves, many times the government issues only happened because the we always have this anti-government need jerk reaction and refuse to cooperate and hash out things in a respectful fashion.

If anything the Aida should boycott going to Meron rather than encouraging recklessness which who knows how it will end. It's unfathomable how this is allowed to continue this way. It says if there's no use giving the lessons last year because no one will ever learn. Those 45 who died last year are asking why are we not preventing more from joining them.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2022, 07:34:25 PM »
I understand the issue with the regulations, but if we were totally honest with ourselves, many times the government issues only happened because the we always have this anti-government need jerk reaction and refuse to cooperate and hash out things in a respectful fashion.

If anything the Aida should boycott going to Meron rather than encouraging recklessness which who knows how it will end. It's unfathomable how this is allowed to continue this way. It says if there's no use giving the lessons last year because no one will ever learn. Those 45 who died last year are asking why are we not preventing more from joining them.
IINM all or at least a vast majority of Eida communities are having a hugely toned down Meron nesia this year, not to mention in many other communities too. This is a sacrifice that everyone is making for safety, and shouldn't have to happen if the millions that were allocated for this event were used properly by people who were equipped for the job and had liaisoned with the communities.
Encouraging recklessness is stupid, i wish they would have found a better way to do this. (In all honesty, sometimes it's the only way that works, but in this case who can take achrayis for the cost?)
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »
IINM all or at least a vast majority of Eida communities are having a hugely toned down Meron nesia this year, not to mention in many other communities too. This is a sacrifice that everyone is making for safety, and shouldn't have to happen if the millions that were allocated for this event were used properly by people who were equipped for the job and had liaisoned with the communities.
Encouraging recklessness is stupid, i wish they would have found a better way to do this. (In all honesty, sometimes it's the only way that works, but in this case who can take achrayis for the cost?)
The second half is a pircha on the first half.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2022, 08:57:59 PM »
["-"]

Offline yerushabubby

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2022, 11:52:32 PM »

At this week's atzeres, one rav spoke about going up at any cost, in order to keep the government from taking further control of this holy site.  The main representative of the Beis Din announced that only those with a compelling reason to do so should go up at all this year.  I know for a fact that he told his family not to go up at all this year, even for chalakas, and despite the fact that many of them are makpid to go every lag b'omer.

I would refer them to @Dan's favorite maamar. In the spirit of Rashbi and R' Akiva, I think putting oneself aside is appropriate.

Also, IINM it's 15k per 4 hour period.

Everyone "agreed to make changes" and are "not against safety improvements", but did anyone put even 1/10th of the energy and efforts which are currently being used to subvert the restrictions into actually making safety changes? Talk is cheap!!!!

Were the powers of inertia just too strong?

There were fights about the inquiry commission. It seemed like the inquiry commission was going nice and fair, but unfortunately the judge that headed it died prematurely. Did that stop everything at it's tracks?

I am not throwing the responsibility here onto Eida Hachareidis, but they, for example know how to run large operations, as do several other groups that are independent from the state. I am not so sure that if they would come up with an alternative safety plan which they would run, it wouldn't be some kind of an acceptable compromise even to the zionist authorities.

The eida actually did have a meeting with the police about this last week (from what I understand, the police were not willing to discuss it with them earlier) and offered to take complete control of and responsibility for the entire hillula on  condition that the police would stay out of it. 

In many ways it seems like the whole event is being set up to fail.  I have no idea why they would do so, other than the fact that most of the people in the government, and the police, simply view "Lag B'Omer in Meron" as a misugaas.

Offline VacationLover

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2022, 12:14:21 AM »
At this week's atzeres, one rav spoke about going up at any cost, in order to keep the government from taking further control of this holy site.  The main representative of the Beis Din announced that only those with a compelling reason to do so should go up at all this year.  I know for a fact that he told his family not to go up at all this year, even for chalakas, and despite the fact that many of them are makpid to go every lag b'omer.

The eida actually did have a meeting with the police about this last week (from what I understand, the police were not willing to discuss it with them earlier) and offered to take complete control of and responsibility for the entire hillula on  condition that the police would stay out of it. 

In many ways it seems like the whole event is being set up to fail.  I have no idea why they would do so, other than the fact that most of the people in the government, and the police, simply view "Lag B'Omer in Meron" as a misugaas.
So for the last year, the Eida did not want to work with them, and opposed the investigation. Now they want to take over responsibility within a week?

What will assure the masses that the Eida has the ability to control the crowd safety? I believe it is not possible unless drastic changes are implemented - not so strict as this year, but definitely major changes. Just saying that they are taking responsibility and opening for everyone is not good enough.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2022, 12:38:19 AM »
This entire thread is trigging some serious PTSD and I was nowhere near Meron last year.
Feels like I'm watching a runaway train barreling down the tracks...
השם ירחם

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2022, 12:48:00 AM »
The eida’s going to control Meron ? Ha ha. They can’t even control their own backyard.

What ever happened with insurance ? Last I heard nobody wanted to insure the place.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2022, 12:48:07 AM »
This entire thread is trigging some serious PTSD and I was nowhere near Meron last year.
Feels like I'm watching a runaway train barreling down the tracks...
השם ירחם
There will likely be this year a fraction of the people of previous years. Most people are comfortable and don't like restrictions, especially when there is expected to be friction and chaos, so hopefully there wouldn't be stampede issues. Tear gas is another story :)

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2022, 12:49:56 AM »
Tear gas is another story :)
And violence. Police are preparing for lots of it.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2022, 12:53:21 AM »
And violence. Police are preparing for lots of it.
Yea but the scary predictions of last year's tragedy happening again is overdone IMHO.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2022, 01:03:00 AM »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2022, 09:02:44 AM »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2022, 09:25:58 AM »
This is what it looks like inside.
https://twitter.com/hasidic_1/status/1526900348367122432

Barricades for single file traffic are good, but having them set up in a flimsy way so that they move with increased crowds and pressure is bad.
-- Dan

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2022, 10:12:58 AM »
Anyone know what time the Boyaner Hadlaka is?

livestream here:

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »
They erected a tiny shade for the thousands of people waiting in line to get in, no toilets, nowhere to sit. Unbelievable.
Btw, there have been no busses leaving Har Chotzvim this afternoon. All those tickets where syphoned off for those who had under the table deals. Shameful. The Rizhiner never lit himself, he made various shlichim, and he most definitely never claimed the hadlakah as exclusive for his chasidim to attend.
Needless to mention no food or drinks were allowed to be given out or sold on the way. In Meron I heard there are drinks somwhere.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2022, 10:18:28 AM »
They erected a tiny shade for the thousands of people waiting in line to get in, no toilets, nowhere to sit. Unbelievable.

איפה אתה חי?  ;)
-- Dan

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2022, 10:19:22 AM »
איפה אתה חי?  ;)
I expected fighting, chaos. Not organized deprivation of human necessities.