Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1256536 times)

Online shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SNAP, WIC, Jersey Care, HUD. ;)
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #5240 on: December 21, 2023, 09:05:36 PM »
anyone with experience in doing an amex chargeback for amazon delivery that is marked "delivered" but BG claims to not have received it?
yes pm me

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HERTZ PLAT AVIS PC NATIONAL EE
« Reply #5241 on: December 21, 2023, 10:49:06 PM »
PSA: BUY FOR ME RETAIL is not as great as everyone makes it sound,  their deals are usually Below Retail, and a busy season like Black Friday Cyber Monday their payout time is like 2 weeks also they have absolutely no service otjer then opening a ticket but even if you open a ticket you'll be lucky if you get a response a week later, I've had shipments that were sent there and got returned to Sender so they had to reship the products, and BFMR won't take the products  now because the deal closed already, even though I submitted the tracking before the deal closed, now I have about $1,000 worth of merch that they are threatening to throw in the garbage (or so they claim! im assuming they would keep it)  now i can't even get a return label because it's way past the return frame!
On a side note  another thing is why would you give business to a Gentile if you could support a Jew?
IM DONE WITH BFMR and supporting some gentile in New Hampshire or wherever this guy lives! they are slow when they have a lot of Deals and worthless when they don't have a lot of deals as they are always way below retail when every other buying group is paying more for same deals
To sum it up here's my experience with them
 I've done about 13k in buying for them in the past 2 months and had to open a ticket on 75% on my shipments for them to ''find it''
payouts were as soon as they received the packages BUT the packages either took over a week to show received or I had to open a ticket and wait a week for a response and then another week till i actually got the money! I know most people have had good experiences with them but it seems they are getting slower and absolutely don't give a hoot about the buyers. Basically since they built themselves such a good reputation they could just screw buyers over with no recourse!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 11:15:14 PM by rental addict »
Likes Are Free No Strings Attached

Online shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: December 22, 2023, 11:36:03 AM »
PSA: BUY FOR ME RETAIL is not as great as everyone makes it sound,  their deals are usually Below Retail, and a busy season like Black Friday Cyber Monday their payout time is like 2 weeks also they have absolutely no service otjer then opening a ticket but even if you open a ticket you'll be lucky if you get a response a week later, I've had shipments that were sent there and got returned to Sender so they had to reship the products, and BFMR won't take the products  now because the deal closed already, even though I submitted the tracking before the deal closed, now I have about $1,000 worth of merch that they are threatening to throw in the garbage (or so they claim! im assuming they would keep it)  now i can't even get a return label because it's way past the return frame!
On a side note  another thing is why would you give business to a Gentile if you could support a Jew?
IM DONE WITH BFMR and supporting some gentile in New Hampshire or wherever this guy lives! they are slow when they have a lot of Deals and worthless when they don't have a lot of deals as they are always way below retail when every other buying group is paying more for same deals
 I've done about 13k in buying for them in the past 2 months and had to open a ticket on 75% on my shipments for them to ''find it''
payouts were as soon as they received the packages BUT the packages either took over a week to show received or I had to open a ticket and wait a week for a response and then another week till i actually got the money! I know most people have had good experiences with them but it seems they are getting slower and absolutely don't give a hoot about the buyers. Basically since they built themselves such a good reputation they could just screw buyers over with no recourse!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

3 weeks ago you posted against deal and runner said they were a scam, than you flipped and said they  are great, now this. Relax just relax. Just maybe BGs aren’t for you.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 11:42:32 AM by shlomoandtam »

Online shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: December 22, 2023, 11:40:00 AM »

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Regarding your 1000 dollars of merch sitting there I had similar thing when I forgot to order a return label till it was too late. So I just went on ups and paid for a label and shipped it to my house and sold it on eBay, yeah I lost some money but at least it didn’t go in the garbage

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: December 22, 2023, 11:50:03 AM »
3 weeks ago you posted against deal and runner said they were a scam, than you flipped and said they  are great, now this. Relax just relax. Just maybe BGs aren’t for you.
welcome to Israel

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: December 24, 2023, 02:53:20 PM »
welcome to Israel
I did not say that they're a scam I said that they are having problems with UPS so you should be careful it took me a long time to get paid out from them they're still new in the game and obviously there's a lot of trial and error that's happening with them

Online saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #5246 on: December 25, 2023, 04:06:31 PM »

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
It's possible that they simply scan in shipments until they reach a limit in what they can pay out that day. This way they always pay 'same day'. In my experience it happened twice recently that they received a package only a day or 2 after I opened a ticket (no response to actual ticket until much later). In both cases the receipt was 9-10 days after delivery. It may be that they actualy have a 2-layered software that marks an item as received only when they want it to and they'll move it up in response to opening a ticket, but I don't have any proof to that (only circumstantial evidence).

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: December 26, 2023, 02:45:27 AM »
It's possible that they simply scan in shipments until they reach a limit in what they can pay out that day. This way they always pay 'same day'. In my experience it happened twice recently that they received a package only a day or 2 after I opened a ticket (no response to actual ticket until much later). In both cases the receipt was 9-10 days after delivery. It may be that they actualy have a 2-layered software that marks an item as received only when they want it to and they'll move it up in response to opening a ticket, but I don't have any proof to that (only circumstantial speculation).
ftfy
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: December 26, 2023, 06:50:20 AM »
A family member of mine has $3k worth of ipads delivered to MYS ,They say they never got it , amazon will not refund because it shows it was delivered.
He Chatted with amazon 4 times...
Any advice?
Tia

Offline puddles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: December 26, 2023, 10:15:53 AM »
A family member of mine has $3k worth of ipads delivered to MYS ,They say they never got it , amazon will not refund because it shows it was delivered.
Any advice?
Tia
I had this with BFMR. Kind of out of luck.. Not much you can do IME.

Offline Mo2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5250 on: December 26, 2023, 10:47:43 AM »
Any advice?
Tia
Likely lost/stolen by the delivery drivers. happens VERY often.
Don't give up with Amz. be very persistent and try both chatting and calling till you get the right rep. if still no luck, try speaking with someone at MYS and see if they're open to share some of the loss
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Online shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: December 26, 2023, 12:12:15 PM »
Any advice?
Tia
You can go thru your credit card, since you never received the merchandise you paid for.

Online shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: December 26, 2023, 12:13:00 PM »
You can go thru your credit card, since you never received the merchandise you paid for.
But be aware Amazon gets very nasty if you do this

Offline ChofetzChaim613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: December 26, 2023, 09:33:21 PM »
Does Anybody know which buying groups are owned by Yidden and which aren't? Just so I know where the preference should be?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: December 26, 2023, 09:51:39 PM »
Does Anybody know which buying groups are owned by Yidden and which aren't? Just so I know where the preference should be?

You should do it solely on the fact of who pays and who is reliable

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: December 26, 2023, 10:48:46 PM »
Buyformeretail and  buyinggroup.com are non Jewish
Jewish BG are
USA buying group Mosher cohen
Closeoutnj  Yaakov jacobs
Deal and runner is chesky landau
Pointsmaker don't know who owner is
Uearnpoints I think is Jewish owned
Don't know about the rest
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 10:54:18 PM by rental addict »

Online Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: December 26, 2023, 11:34:59 PM »
+100

Online Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: December 26, 2023, 11:35:25 PM »
Buyformeretail and  buyinggroup.com are non Jewish
Jewish BG are
USA buying group Mosher cohen
Closeoutnj  Yaakov jacobs
Deal and runner is chesky landau
Pointsmaker don't know who owner is
Uearnpoints I think is Jewish owned
Don't know about the rest
Pointsmaker is Jewish owned

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: December 26, 2023, 11:36:03 PM »
which are?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: December 26, 2023, 11:47:10 PM »
which are?

I have no idea but anybody who thinks that they should do something because somebody's jewish is the entire purpose of the thread