Topic Wiki

הוי זהיר בגחלתם שלא תכוה, שנשיכתן נשיכת שועל ועקיצתן עקיצת עקרב, ולחישתן לחישת שרף, וכל דבריהם כגחלי אש

« Last edited by Baruch on March 30, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »

Author Topic: The Tamar Epstein Saga  (Read 285594 times)

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: The Tamar Epstein Saga
« Reply #360 on: November 27, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »
Seriously? You haven't gotten the point that rabbis don't use "smoke and mirrors". "Smoke and mirrors" is what you do to get free stuff and miles and points all the other things out of this forum (which me myself is very thankful for). Rabbis don't do smoke and mirrors. And your wrong for saying that. But then again you don't care.
Precisely why the rabbis have vociferously protested against this "heter". We're still waiting to hear to whom you are referring as "rabbis" (plural).

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #361 on: November 27, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
Precisely why the rabbis have vociferously protested against this "heter". We're still waiting to hear to whom you are referring as "rabbis" (plural).
CS50 has not discussed one bit about the heter. He did take issue with the coward who wrote about roshei yeshiva.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 27, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »

Again, I am sorry. I mean rabbis (who are accepted to the klal as real rabbis)  in general don't use the tactic of smoke and mirrors to get things done especially if it is shelo kehalacho. That's all. I didn't mean anything else

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 27, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Again, I am sorry. I mean rabbis (who are accepted to the klal as real rabbis)  in general don't use the tactic of smoke and mirrors to get things done especially if it is shelo kehalacho. That's all. I didn't mean anything else
I liked my answer better.

CS50 has not discussed one bit about the heter. He did take issue with the coward who wrote about roshei yeshiva.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
Understood. :)
I can't imagine that anyone would take issue with that. (You know what I mean!)

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
Understood. :)
I can't imagine that anyone would take issue with that. (You know what I mean!)
Unfortunately someone is

Offline SayWhat

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 27, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
If you are going to speak like this about people whose torah and yiras shomayim is countless times greater than yours at least have the courage to put your own reputation on the line! Your smoke and mirrors are much smokier than theirs!

You are speaking against those greater than you with nothing but innuendo and you have not written even a tiny bit in the way of facts to back up your shmutz!

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

A women re-married without a Get

R Shalom Kamenetsky seems to be involved in the heter

The biggest and most respected POSKIM have called out the Kaminetsky's and said that they have proof that they were involved

aygart would rather stick his head in the sand and make believe that this is not happening 

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »

The biggest and most respected POSKIM have called out the Kaminetsky's and said that they have proof that they were involved

aygart would rather stick his head in the sand and make believe that this is not happening
No one is denying anything you just said- because no one knows what really happened. But one thing everyone here does know is that you are not one of the leading POSKIM who are involved so you're no one to voice your opinion on the matter in a negative way against any rabbi. And if you have no problem with what you are doing then you are someone that no one should want to have anything to do with.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
מאמר שבועי בדרכי עבודת ה' וענייני הזמן 

מפי מרן רבינו   

הגאון רבי משה שטרנבוך שליט"א 

פרשת וישלח תשע''ז

אין לי מנוחה כשעה כזאת שהפרצות כעיקרי הדת מתגברות והולכות בארץ ובחו"ל, ואין שומעים מספיק קול מחאה על חילול ה' ותורתו, ובאמריקה נתנו 'היתר' :'בטל קידושין בלא גט בטענת מקח טעות, ואף שנבלה נעשתה בישראל כמו פילגש בגבעה מ"מ לא פורסם מספיק קול מחאה.

הדבר פשוט שאין כאן הוראה אלא טעות מעיקרא, שכל בחור ישיבה יודע שאם לאחר שידע מהמום המשיך להשתמש בו אח"כ, אין דין מקח טעות, ולכו"ע תצא :מזה ומזה והוולד ממזר .

וחובה להצטער ולהוקיע מה שנעשה בעו"ה, והחילול ה' הוא נורא מאוד כשרבנים עוקרים בשם התורה יסוד דיני אישות, וכבר כתב מהרש"ל בפ"ק דב"ק שהוא ביהרג ובל יעבור שלא יעקרו דין תורה. ובארץ ישראל בשעה שהתיר הרב ראשי ממזר, ולדבריו חתמו עמו עשרה רבנים, צירה הגאב"ד בעל מנחת יצחק וגדולי ישראל זצ"ל לכנוס את כולם וישבו בארץ ואמרו קינות, ורבים קרעו עמו בגדיהם על חילול כבוד ה' ותורתו, ואף שהוא התיר ממזר שהוא באיסור לאו, וכאן הפרצה היא על איסור אשת איש שחמור יותר, מ"מ לא שמעו עדיין קול מחאה מספיק. ומצווה למחות אף אם לא יוכלו לפעול, שעצם הדבר שמוחים הוא זכות רבה מאוד, וישוב חרון אף ה' על עמו שפוגעים בתורתו, שהרי קיבלנו ערבות לשמור התורה לנצח לעולם וועד.

ומפי מו"ר הגה"צ רבי משה שניידער זצ"ל שמעתי כמה פעמים שבשמים מצפים ושואלים האם נשמע קול מחאה, ואם נשמע קול מחאה, אז מתקיים מאמר הכתוב (מלאב' ג' ט"ז) "ויקשב ה' וישמע ויכתב ספר זיכרון לפניו ליראי ה' ולחושבי שמו", ויהי רצון שיהא חלקינו עמהם".

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
They only thing close to that which I saw is from R Shterbuch saying that he heard of their invlovment from a reliable source (different from the inaccurate translation previously posted)
If you are so sure of the facts then why don't you at least have the courage to put your DDF persona (not even your real name) on the line instead of hiding? As I wrote before, you have stated absolutely zero in the way of fact or evidence and did nothing but speak against people who tower over you in a cowardly way.

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »

They only thing close to that which I saw is from R Shterbuch saying that he heard of their invlovment from a reliable source (different from the inaccurate translation previously posted)If you are so sure of the facts then why don't you at least have the courage to put your DDF persona (not even your real name) on the line instead of hiding? As I wrote before, you have stated absolutely zero in the way of fact or evidence and did nothing but speak against people who tower over you in a cowardly way.
+10000000

Offline Aaaron

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 27, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
I'm still really curious how/why R. Nota was mesader.

Also, what was the reaction to R' Moshe's teshuva regarding mekach ta'us.  Was it generally accepted back then that it's a possibility?  Or the same type of backlash as this?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2015, 01:31:39 AM »

Seems like you have a real axe to grind. Everyone has questions about what happened here, but you seem to be very eager to pile on. You sure you have no connection to the original ba'al?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2015, 03:27:58 AM »
No one is denying anything you just said- because no one knows what really happened. But one thing everyone here does know is that you are not one of the leading POSKIM who are involved so you're no one to voice your opinion on the matter in a negative way against any rabbi. And if you have no problem with what you are doing then you are someone that no one should want to have anything to do with.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 29, 2015, 04:54:30 AM »
What's the -1 about do you know the truth to this story because if you do share it and if not what he said is 100% right

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »

What's the -1 about do you know the truth to this story because if you do share it and if not what he said is 100% right
I'm pretty sure the -1 is that people on DDF like protecting their own(DDF) more than protecting their own (gedolim)

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #376 on: November 29, 2015, 08:00:20 AM »
all armchair rabbis should take a deeep breath  and look at what the chofetz chaim zt"l writes about talking bad  about talmidei chachamim, that might give them a slight interest in keeping their mouths shut.... even if they happen to have countless proofs that theu should be the leading poskim in america
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 29, 2015, 08:12:12 AM »

all armchair rabbis should take a deeep breath  and look at what the chofetz chaim zt"l writes about talking bad  about talmidei chachamim, that might give them a slight interest in keeping their mouths shut.... even if they happen to have countless proofs that theu should be the leading poskim in america
+1

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 29, 2015, 08:21:15 AM »
I'm pretty sure the -1 is that people on DDF like protecting their own(DDF) more than protecting their own (gedolim)
What did that have to do with your comment?

Offline cs50

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 29, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »

I was replying to this. It's seems like he knows all the details of the story. The leading poskim who have voiced their opinion against this "heter" are gedolim. Not us. That's all