Author Topic: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall  (Read 46220 times)

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall
« Reply #760 on: January 21, 2024, 10:52:36 PM »
anˇarˇchy
noun
a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.
This explains why R' Labkowski had to bring the story of מלכי בית חשמונאי.

I find it hard to believe that you can even think of calling this "expanding 770" (except if you're referring to the unprecedented negative publicity).

Re the first two comments, I guess all I would say is "nu nu" [Avrum Gerlitzky voice]. Like, I don't know what you want. For better or worse, this is how Lubavitch has always operated.

Re the the third comment, that is literally what they did. The fact that others came afterwards it filled the expansion with cement is not their problem, and in fact exactly what they were trying to prevent when all the balagan went down.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #761 on: January 21, 2024, 11:06:24 PM »
Re the first two comments, I guess all I would say is "nu nu" [Avrum Gerlitzky voice]. Like, I don't know what you want. For better or worse, this is how Lubavitch has always operated.

You've managed to confuse me. Are you for the same old ways or for something new? :P

I guess there is a reason why age makes a difference.

Do you really see this as an acceptable defense for anarchy by bochurim?

I suggest you study some history of what happened and what the Rebbe said when bochurim "rightfully" rebelled against authority.

Re the the third comment, that is literally what they did. The fact that others came afterwards it filled the expansion with cement is not their problem, and in fact exactly what they were trying to prevent when all the balagan went down.

I hate the analogy, but it sounds like Hamas leadership blaming the Israelis for the deaths in Gaza.

What exactly did they expect?

And just to set the record straight, excavating under Ezras Noshim, and even breaking the wall between the main shul and that excavation does not constitute an "expansion of 770" by any stretch of the imagination. An expansion is something that is properly planned and executed. I don't know if you ever read Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Poor Dad". Calling what was done "an expansion of 770" is akin to what he describes at the beginning of his book regarding his original childish concept of making money.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 11:45:55 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2024, 01:11:27 AM »

So is the constant and commonplace anarchy, bullying, violence, terrorism, and militancy over the years by the group you associate with, also always via instruction from the Igros?! Surely that's also "how Lubavitch has always operated"?! ::) >:( .

P.S. FWIW according to the "770 wall of shame" (site seems down now) IIRC you were an active participant in the violence and/or an instigator of it.

Offline TheAsh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2024, 03:25:23 AM »
So is the constant and commonplace anarchy, bullying, violence, terrorism, and militancy over the years by the group you associate with, also always via instruction from the Igros?! Surely that's also "how Lubavitch has always operated"?! ::) >:( .

P.S. FWIW according to the "770 wall of shame" (site seems down now) IIRC you were an active participant in the violence and/or an instigator of it.

I guess they weren't all Israelis, as Dan claimed.
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2024, 10:21:30 AM »
that difference is semantic

It's an Israeli gang/movement. Few individual English speaking recruits who fully adopt the styles and mannerisms.

Often down to the sandals

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 11:27:59 AM by Essen est zich »
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2024, 01:11:26 PM »

You've managed to confuse me. Are you for the same old ways or for something new? :P

I guess there is a reason why age makes a difference.

Do you really see this as an acceptable defense for anarchy by bochurim?

I suggest you study some history of what happened and what the Rebbe said when bochurim "rightfully" rebelled against authority.

I hate the analogy, but it sounds like Hamas leadership blaming the Israelis for the deaths in Gaza.

What exactly did they expect?

And just to set the record straight, excavating under Ezras Noshim, and even breaking the wall between the main shul and that excavation does not constitute an "expansion of 770" by any stretch of the imagination. An expansion is something that is properly planned and executed. I don't know if you ever read Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Poor Dad". Calling what was done "an expansion of 770" is akin to what he describes at the beginning of his book regarding his original childish concept of making money.

Re the "anarchy" - like I said, nu nu. I don't like it when people just borrow unrelated terms ("terror," "anarchy," "rebellion,") when they just mean "behavior I don't like," but I suspect we're not going to get anywhere on that front.

Same thing re the expansion comment, actually. You can redefine terms and move goalposts all you want, but the fact is that they created more room that could easily be occupied by the shul. Did they finish the expansion? Of course not. But they certainly started and did a great deal of the work, and showed that it would be very easy and within reach to finish. It's a shame that fear of remote consequences and hatred of the bochurim prevailed over sechel in the "authorities'" response to that work.

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 22, 2024, 01:23:07 PM »

Tell me you've never been to 770 without telling me you've never been to 770. I highly suggest you come visit sometime instead of just reading CH.info and YWN headlines. I'll even arrange you a tour - DDF special.

I was very proud of being listed on that site, but it's a shame they didn't enter my corrections before it went down.

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 22, 2024, 01:26:52 PM »

Who is "they"? As I believe I've mentioned, this was a 5-year project that involved dozens of people. I'm sure most of them were Israeli because most 770 bochurim b'chlal are Israeli, but many were not.

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 22, 2024, 01:31:29 PM »
Who is "they"? As I believe I've mentioned, this was a 5-year project that involved dozens of people. I'm sure most of them were Israeli because most 770 bochurim b'chlal are Israeli, but many were not.
So for five years they were digging and nobody else cared? Unless ur saying that nobody knew about it? That sounds like Gaza, where the UN claims none of their 13000 employees ever knew Hamas was digging 300 miles of tunnels...

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #770 on: January 22, 2024, 01:41:49 PM »
most 770 bochurim b'chlal are Israeli

Are you sure ths is accurate? What percentage of bochurim enrolled in 770 are Israeli?

So for five years they were digging and nobody else cared? Unless ur saying that nobody knew about it? That sounds like Gaza, where the UN claims none of their 13000 employees ever knew Hamas was digging 300 miles of tunnels...

Do you have any idea how big the excavation was?

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 22, 2024, 01:42:44 PM »

Well, first of all, as has been noted many times, they weren't "digging," just clearing out dirt that had been filled in. Second of all, the project was certainly meant to be kept under wraps (and was actually remarkably successful in that, considering secrets in Crown Heights usually don't last more than five days), but the "powers that be" knew about it since at least two or three years ago. They perhaps didn't realize the extent of the progress.

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 22, 2024, 01:47:35 PM »
Are you sure ths is accurate? What percentage of bochurim enrolled in 770 are Israeli?

Well, it's a little complicated, since there are many bochurim who attend other Yeshivos but are technically enrolled in 770 for various reasons, but as far as bochurim who are actually here and learning in 770 on a daily basis - yeah, for sure over 50% Israeli.

Do you have any idea how big the excavation was?

Roughly 10'x100'. I'm a graduate of the Yeshiva system, so I'm not certain, but I believe that means it could have added around 1000 sq. ft. of space to the shul.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #773 on: January 22, 2024, 02:06:29 PM »

Roughly 10'x100'.

I was asking Sammy because of the absurd Gaza comparison.

Offline Sammy82

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 22, 2024, 02:11:10 PM »
I was asking Sammy because of the absurd Gaza comparison.
It's hard to imagine digging going on for 5 years and nobody knew.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #775 on: January 22, 2024, 02:11:19 PM »
Re the "anarchy" - like I said, nu nu. I don't like it when people just borrow unrelated terms ("terror," "anarchy," "rebellion,") when they just mean "behavior I don't like," but I suspect we're not going to get anywhere on that front.

Again, I hate the analogy, but this sounds almost like it's taken from Hamas' recently published "our narrative".

I specifically quoted a DICTIONARY TERM. Nothing to do with what I like or don't like. Can you stick to facts, or is it all about your narrative? (and what YOU like or dislike)
a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.

Is 770 in general, and specifically this "project" in a state of disorder?
Is there a recognition of authority or a controlling system (which by definition, needs to approve changes PRIOR to actions) of Gaboim? Rabbonim? Hanholas Hayeshiva?

Same thing re the expansion comment, actually. You can redefine terms and move goalposts all you want, but the fact is that they created more room that could easily be occupied by the shul. Did they finish the expansion? Of course not. But they certainly started and did a great deal of the work, and showed that it would be very easy and within reach to finish. It's a shame that fear of remote consequences and hatred of the bochurim prevailed over sechel in the "authorities'" response to that work.

You can say and explain whatever you want. The סדר השתלשלות isn't very relevant when examining the FINAL OUTCOME בעולם המעשה! Some day you will probably grow older and wiser (maybe listed to some farbrengens of today's בעל היארצייט).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 02:20:13 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #776 on: January 22, 2024, 02:16:47 PM »
It's hard to imagine digging going on for 5 years and nobody knew.

Neighbors had been reporting the "strange noises". Digging has not been happening for 5 years, it doesn't take that long to dig 10 feet. He's saying the project overal has been going on for 5 years.

This is a relatively tiny space underground near an extremely noisy, busy place where you wouldn't blink seeing/hearing any kind of work being done.

Online Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 22, 2024, 02:17:30 PM »

You're entitled to your opinions, but you don't get to dismiss basic definitions or rewrite history. There is most definitely anarchy in 770, especially amongst bochurim who may or may not be a part of any organized kvutza. And the history of the Rebbeim's rules and directives regarding bochurim taking their own initiative is very well documented and in no way ambiguous, even when the bochurim were right and the hanhalah was wrong.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 02:29:35 PM by Just A Jew »
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 22, 2024, 03:18:34 PM »
Tell me you've never been to 770 without telling me you've never been to 770. I highly suggest you come visit sometime instead of just reading CH.info and YWN headlines. I'll even arrange you a tour - DDF special.

I was very proud of being listed on that site, but it's a shame they didn't enter my corrections before it went down.
How about answer the question(s)!

Your whole attitude is painfully (though not surprisingly) disturbing. The way you treat this topic in general and this incident in particular, so lightly, so nonchalantly. "Nunu, nunu.."
You (collective you) just made the most massive Chillul Hashem (at minimum vis-a-vis Lubavitch) in the past decade at least (to put it mildly), but eh, "nunu" "nunu"!
NUNU??!! You for real?!
How big of an embarrassment do you need bring on to your surrounding community, on to Yidden in general,  and [even] on to yourselves, in order to reconsider your horrible behavior/lifestyle?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2024, 03:42:52 PM »
most massive Chillul Hashem (at minimum vis-a-vis Lubavitch) in the past decade at least (to put it mildly),

This is what TRUE EXPANSION is all about.

Expanding the reach. I don't think ever before did news of 770 reach such a wide global audience. Al-Jazeera, NY Times, NY Post, CNN, The Guardian, just to name a few. Millions (if not billions) of views of various videos and posts from friends and foes!

ממש ימות המשיח!

יכירו וידעו כל יושבי תבל (כפשוטו)
-- Dan