Author Topic: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall  (Read 47319 times)

Online gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Radical "Terrorist" Gang Digs Tunnels And Breaks 770 Wall
« Reply #740 on: January 19, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »
Unless you're suggesting primarying them from the center, now that the boogeyman from the left isn't a threat, that's another story

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 20, 2024, 08:03:59 PM »
I hear that the appeals court ruled in favor of CLI

I am not a lawyer, but that is not how I understood the ruling. The court did dismiss the claim against CLI, but only because CLI has already been evicted.

ETA:
Here is a quote from the end of the ruling (appellants are the gabboim and the petitioners are Aguch/Merkos) -

In view of the foregoing, on this appeal, appellants have not established any rights to the subject premises, let alone rights greater than petitioners’ rights.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 08:16:33 PM by zh cohen »

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #742 on: January 20, 2024, 08:25:46 PM »
I am not a lawyer, but that is not how I understood the ruling. The court did dismiss the claim against CLI, but only because CLI has already been evicted.

ETA:
Here is a quote from the end of the ruling (appellants are the gabboim and the petitioners are Aguch/Merkos) -

What does that mean in PRACTICAL terms?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #743 on: January 20, 2024, 08:39:27 PM »
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #744 on: January 20, 2024, 08:44:35 PM »

ETA:

Link?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 21, 2024, 02:20:52 PM »
You may be funnier than Motti Seligson, but this is something he could have warned you of before you wasted your time, because he is, you know, a pro. It is almost never worth your while to talk with the media, they don't have your interests (or the truth) in mind.

Liked your Frumprov video. Would love to see more of that.

This is true and it isn't. I may not be a PR professional, but I'm also not an idiot (or so my mother tells me), and I obviously went into both of these encounters with open eyes. Once the NY Post is already doing a story, or Zev Brenner is already doing a show, I think it only helps to at least attempt to get the truth out there, regardless of how much will actually get through in the end, because otherwise, there's a 100% chance that all anyone will hear is lies and ritual condemnations. So I don't regret speaking to either outlet, despite being disappointed at journalistic misconduct on the part of each of them.

Re Frumprov, I just got up on a stage for a few minutes; Zvi Hershkovich (aka Cholentface) is the one who organized both events from beginning to end. But I, too, would love for another one to happen, and have told him as much many times. Feel free to do the same yourself.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 21, 2024, 03:25:35 PM »
@eitan770 I am still hoping you could come back with any questions and answers via igros throughout this "project". In the meantime, I listened to a meeting of Hanholas Hayeshiva with the bochurim. I was wondering what anyone who plays down what ANY bochurim did has to say in response to what R' Labkowski said at the meeting.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 21, 2024, 04:27:56 PM »
Clearly stated multiple times unequivocally that bochurim should sit and learn and listen to authority.

This was echoed by R' Labkowski in a meeting with the bochurim.
-- Dan

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 21, 2024, 05:00:49 PM »
@eitan770 I am still hoping you could come back with any questions and answers via igros throughout this "project". In the meantime, I listened to a meeting of Hanholas Hayeshiva with the bochurim. I was wondering what anyone who plays down what ANY bochurim did has to say in response to what R' Labkowski said at the meeting.

Well, I'm no longer a 770 bochur, so I wasn't present at the Asifah, but my understanding from multiple guys who were there is that nothing much was said at all.

- Shlomo Zarchi said that the bochurim should cry at the Ohel all night and then go to golus (and verify whether Philadelphia is far enough). I'm sure they'll get right on that.
- Labkowsky said that the bochurim were like the Chashmonaim, who had good intentions, but took a job that wasn't theirs.
- Gedalia Bluming said that anyone who does something like this already "took himself out of Yeshiva."
- Shmuli Avtzon came and asked what the Hanholah is going to do to punish the bochurim, and they basically told him to have a nice day.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 21, 2024, 05:04:24 PM »
- Gedalia Bluming said that anyone who does something like this already "took himself out of Yeshiva."

Is this how they justify claiming that no Yeshiva bochurim were involved?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #751 on: January 21, 2024, 05:10:11 PM »
Is this how they justify claiming that no Yeshiva bochurim were involved?

no true scotsman
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 21, 2024, 06:47:36 PM »
Well, I'm no longer a 770 bochur, so I wasn't present at the Asifah, but my understanding from multiple guys who were there is that nothing much was said at all.

I am aware that you are no longer a 770 bochur. I posed the question to you because you seem to be excusing/justifying the "project".

I didn't ask you for summaries of what was said. I was specifically asking about a response to what R' Labkowski said. If what you took out of his words is the משל of מלכי בית חשמונאי rather than

Clearly stated multiple times unequivocally that bochurim should sit and learn and listen to authority.

https://youtu.be/CFJdFMMjf3I
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline eitan770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2024, 07:28:04 PM »
I am aware that you are no longer a 770 bochur. I posed the question to you because you seem to be excusing/justifying the "project".

I didn't ask you for summaries of what was said. I was specifically asking about a response to what R' Labkowski said. If what you took out of his words is the משל of מלכי בית חשמונאי rather than

https://youtu.be/CFJdFMMjf3I

I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Obviously bochurim are supposed to be sitting and learning. And the "powers that be" are supposed to be expanding the shul. In this respect, I don't see how this was any different that any other peulah that ends up being done by bochurim because no one else is willing/able/interested in doing it (which is most peulos in Lubavitch).

Anyway, I can certainly think of plenty of "extracurricular activities" bochurim often engage in that would be a lot worse than expanding 770, but FWIW, that work was done exclusively at night, not during Seder, and many of the guys involved were actually very serious learners.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2024, 07:43:00 PM »
but please don't decide what a Rebbe's duty is or isn't and certainly what would be a "dereliction of duty" for a Rebbe.

Would actually be nice to have someone helping out 90% of rebbes today with clarity on what their duty should be.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 21, 2024, 08:07:31 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Obviously bochurim are supposed to be sitting and learning. And the "powers that be" are supposed to be expanding the shul.

an·ar·chy
noun
a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority or other controlling systems.

In this respect, I don't see how this was any different that any other peulah that ends up being done by bochurim because no one else is willing/able/interested in doing it (which is most peulos in Lubavitch).
This explains why R' Labkowski had to bring the story of מלכי בית חשמונאי.

Anyway, I can certainly think of plenty of "extracurricular activities" bochurim often engage in that would be a lot worse than expanding 770, but FWIW, that work was done exclusively at night, not during Seder, and many of the guys involved were actually very serious learners.

I find it hard to believe that you can even think of calling this "expanding 770" (except if you're referring to the unprecedented negative publicity).
-- Dan

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2024, 08:16:51 PM »
Would actually be nice to have someone helping out 90% of rebbes today with clarity on what their duty should be.

Two types of Rebbes, with the precise distinction being exactly this, some Rebbes categorically know what they are doing and don’t need anyone’s help figuring out, other Rebbes OTOH…
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline Kmusic22

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Bmg
« Reply #759 on: January 21, 2024, 10:11:11 PM »