Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3939536 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Election Master Thread
« Reply #980 on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html

This is the biggest indictment of any sane Republican's plans to vote for Trump.

“I don’t think we have a right to lecture,” Mr. Trump said in a wide-ranging interview in his suite in a downtown hotel here while keeping an eye on television broadcasts from the Republican National Convention. “Look at what is happening in our country,” he said. “How are we going to lecture when people are shooting policemen in cold blood?”

He even called into question whether, as president, he would automatically extend the security guarantees that give the 28 members of NATO the assurance that the full force of the United States military has their back.

For example, asked about Russia’s threatening activities that have unnerved the small Baltic States that are among the more recent entrants into NATO, Mr. Trump said that if Russia attacked them, he would decide whether to come to their aid only after reviewing whether those nations “have fulfilled their obligations to us.”

Mr. Trump had nothing but praise for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the country’s increasingly authoritarian but democratically elected leader. “I give great credit to him for being able to turn that around,” Mr. Trump said of the coup attempt on Friday night. “Some people say that it was staged, you know that,” he said. “I don’t think so.”

Mr. Trump said he was convinced that he could persuade Mr. Erdogan to put more effort into fighting the Islamic State. But the Obama administration has run up, daily, against the reality that the Kurds — among the most effective forces the United States is supporting against the Islamic State — are being attacked by Turkey, which fears they will create a breakaway nation.

Asked how he would solve that problem, Mr. Trump paused, then said: “Meetings.” LOLOLOL

He's downright dangerous to world stability. That's even when ignoring all his racist stuff.
It's pretty telling that my first reaction was, wow - he knows who Erdogan is?

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump for president what do u think?
« Reply #981 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »

He is the Republican nominee and that is all that matters. A team player supports the Republican nominee.

I guess everyone forgets that slamming Trump is the same as slamming the millions of Republicans that voted for him. I know someone will say why is fair to slam Cruz then and the answer is simple. He LOST! 

A team Player supports the party not necessarily the nominee, a team player will support and vote for the nominee that doesn't mean you endorse and believe in what the nominees values are especially when when he doesn't share is the values. he very clearly boosted a lot of trumps policies and made it very clear to vote for the person who will keep government small who will build a wall etc Cruz was not there to slam Trump.  I believe that many of the trump slammers at the end of the day out of fear of the Supreme Court Justices or sheer hatred and disgust for HRC and her policies  very much will vote for Trump in  November. (The only one who wont is kasich.)
Just to add the fact he was getting booed when he said vote your conscience very clearly people in the crowd felt your conscience means not Trump, is there a reason for that? do they feel self-conscious about the fact that they're voting for Trump? That they are getting  forced into what thier party  is doing.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #982 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
I still feel that if after day 3 of the convention the 2 hottest topics being discussed all over are Melania's plagerism and that Cruz got booed off stage, as opposed to actual policies and things that were said, it must be really good for the Republicans. Just my own $.02.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-convention-is-flirting-with-disaster/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: 2016 Election Master Thread
« Reply #983 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »
Lol.
It would be more telling if he know a leader that wasn't named Chavez, Erdogan, or Putin...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:21 AM »
I think people are fell for him, and think that he has morals mixed with pragmatism. They think his successful record as a businessman shows him to be a man who gets things done, and his lack of political correctness means that he's one to stare the bull in the eye instead of skirting around serious issues.

Trump is a much more believable liar than Cruz, because he also believes the garbage he spews. Cruz can't say a sentence without appearing condescending and phony. Trump connects much better to people looking for a strongarm superhero.

Sounds like you agree with me. You may not like Trump, but the party (which is made up of the voters) do want him, so all is working as it should. If you have any issues with this outcome, it's with democracy itself.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline Eliyohu

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 21, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »
I still feel that if after day 3 of the convention the 2 hottest topics being discussed all over are Melania's plagerism and that Cruz got booed off stage, as opposed to actual policies and things that were said, it must be really good for the Republicans. Just my own $.02.
They are trying so hard to portray unity but alas... theres a fracture bigger than we think...
Theres reports that trump staffers spread through the crowd to get the crowd booing as well as the complete disrespect of trump walking out on stage while cruz was speaking attracting attention to himself.

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #986 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:13 AM »
Reread what I said. Don't combine my answers as they were to different questions.

Sorry, I misread.

You are correct in that Cruz had enough info from the start about Trump to not sign the pledge. In fact, Cruz does have some responsibility for Trump because of the way he treated him at the start of the campaign - being all positive and friendly instead of taking him down. Like almost everyone else in the country, he didn't expect anything to become of Trump's campaign. He, like the rest of us, was very, very wrong.

used cruz fault to cause him to self destruct and i5 got all of the convention to back trump.

What do you mean got the convention "Back to Trump?" What is everyone speaking about today? Cruz or Trump's policies?

You have it all backwards. They completely played cruz

We'll see how it plays out in #2020. I believe Cruz played them masterfully, banking on a November collapse. He didn't care to be booed - he looked as smug as ever.
but don't go in a speak to try to advance your own political agenda when you won't help the current conventions agenda
Yes, it is Trump's convention. And just out of spite he he made the talk about Cruz instead of Trump. That says a lot about bad campaigning, bad politics, and lack of common sense.

As for what it says about Cruz? I think he made the principled stand, and has the video to back himself up. Kasich, OTOH, can say "I didn't go," but doesn't have the powerful visuals of standing up to an arena filled with people on the wrong side of history.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #987 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:07 AM »
Quote from: Yehuda57
What has Trump done or said to convince you his SCOTUS nominees would be right wing or even have any sort of cognitive function? Every word out of his mouth contradicts another of his. He repeatedly has undermined the Constitution, including freedom of the press, freedom of speech, and others. He continues to praise and find common ground with the worst of dictators. He has been on the left side of *every* social issue prior to running for president. It boggles the mind that so many capitulated to him.
I don't know who his SCOTUS nominees might be.

I do believe we all know what kind of nominees we would get from Clinton.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Eliyohu

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »

And again I was a huge cruz supporter you can read up thread to verifyI can't stand kasich but at least he got this one right if you don't want to endorse fine but don't go in a speak to try to advance your own political agenda when you won't help the current conventions agenda

He is deff setting up for a 2020 run however,  the fact that he pushed trumps policies on the wall, small government, isis, bashed hilliary etc it sure sounded to me he was helping and supporting the current conventions agenda. As i wrote earlier Kasich couldve at least bashed hilliary or spoke about Make america safe again...

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 21, 2016, 11:56:25 AM »
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-convention-is-flirting-with-disaster/
  you sneak into Conventions 201, you’ll find that the story is more complicated. We don’t have all that much data on what makes for successful conventions and what doesn’t, and convention bounces aren’t always that predictable.
ie; throw out everything I just wrote..   everyone is all hyped up about the minutia of the convention which will be forgotten by the general public a day after the convention (if they even knew about it)... until the debates this stuff is pretty meaningless unless there's a major disaster

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #990 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
In other news, in the Rassmussen realsed today Trump's lead is down to 1% mostly due to a rise in H's numbers.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 21, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
I don't know who his SCOTUS nominees might be.

I do believe we all know what kind of nominees we would get from Clinton.
I think we all got it by now.... PSA exgingi only cares about scotus nominees

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 21, 2016, 12:14:18 PM »
As i wrote earlier Kasich couldve at least bashed hilliary or spoke about Make america safe again...
What if Kasich believes HRC is a better choice?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline yoohoo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:18 PM »
Dan said it best, we have a choice of 2 poisons. This election is to vote which poison is less painful.

Offline Eliyohu

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:48 PM »
What if Kasich believes HRC is a better choice?
+1 his policies seem to be closer to HRC than trump, which is why many said he's running on the wrong ticket (unlike trump who could run on either depending on his mood)

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #995 on: July 21, 2016, 01:39:29 PM »
I think we all got it by now.... PSA exgingi only cares about the only thing that matters in a presidential election is scotus nominees

FTFY

PSA:

See http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Unless you can vote in one of the top 15 states in the following list, your vote will make NO DIFFERENCE. (Notice that Texas isn't up there, so Cruz doesn't have to vote for Trump, but he should encourage people in FL, CO, IA, PA etc. to vote for the antithesis of Ruth Bader-Ginsburg if they want to preserve our democracy and freedom.)

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ygygold

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:35 PM »
This was mentioned in the general election thread, but since that thread gets almost no posts, I'll bring it here.

In an interview with the New York Times when asked about Russia’s threatening activities, which have unnerved the small Baltic States that are among the more recent entrants into NATO, Mr. Trump said that if Russia attacked them, he would decide whether to come to their aid only after reviewing if those nations have “fulfilled their obligations to us.”

How, just how can someone vote for this guy?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 21, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »

How, just how can someone vote for this guy?

So far the only answer I have heard that may be plausible is bc the other option is HRC

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #998 on: July 21, 2016, 02:09:25 PM »

So far the only answer I have heard that may be plausible is bc the other option is HRC

I haven't heard a single Republican say that Trump is better than HRC on foreign policy.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #999 on: July 21, 2016, 02:10:02 PM »
Looking at all the national and international headlines this afternoon and the reactions of Baltic leaders and it’s clear that Trump has done serious damage to this country with the NYT interview.