SheyanRambanAsianAgudat Yisrael
SkylineJerusalem Gardens HotelUpscale MeatRabbanut Mehadrin
The Spaghetti'sMamilla mallDairyRabbanut Mehadrin
Sushi Garden YirmiyahuSushiChasam Sofer BBMoishebatchy
SosumiIbn ShaprutSushiRabanut Mehadrin
Uzi's FalafelYishayahuFalafelEida Chareidis
Waffle BarParanDairyRubinMoishebatchy
Waffle BarBeit HadfusDairyRubin
**           **                  **                  **                **       

Tel Aviv/Center
http://www.israelkosherdining.com/kosher-mehadrin-restaurants-tel-aviv/
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ska-Q-LN5Vg_HUE_zEvRKotxvJgC72GX&usp=sharing
NameLocationTypeHechsherReview
Cinnabon Permanently closed          Rabin Square, Tel Aviv       Bakery              Rabbanut           Moishebatchy

Tiberias and Northern Region

Eilat and Southern Region

Bene Braq

Halo Teiman           Entrance to BB    Shwarma+   Machpud 4/5 Not too expensive amazing shwarma
Not Sure Rabbi Akiva Street Shwarma and Falafel Landau 3.5/5 Not too expensive. Ok food

Haifa Region
by ProIsrael
Achla           **                  **                  Rabanut 5/5 Not too expensive amazing salads and best Pargiot I have ever had. It is a nice place to come with your family as well as a semi romantic location. with on request mehadrin meat
Atika           **                  **                  Mehadrin                4/5 Pre Fixe menu. Fantastic food not a lot to choose from though
Japan Japan Sushi            *                  *                  Mehadrin Last time I ate there                3.5/5 Chinese/Japan food 3.5/5 there are always Groupons for this place.       
Shaleh Milchig place           Kiryat Motzkin                  *                  *                great for breakfast or lunch sit down type place Badats Agudas Yisroel       
Cafe Gregg           Kiryat Ata and a location in the main mall Lev Hamifratz                  *                  just be careful as one is treif in the mall and the other mehadrin                *       
Habima           Kiryat Ata                  *                  *                Sushi Food is 4/5       
Mommas Schnitzel           Kiryat Shmuel                  *                  Mehadrin                4/5 Good fast service         
Pizza Plus          Kiryat Shmuel                              *                  Mehadrin                *       
  Pizza Kiryat Yam          Kiryat Yam                  **                  **                Mehadrin       
Gilato Cafe          Kiryat Shmuel                             **                  Badatz                **       

Many restaurants have 10% coupons on eLuna.com.

« Last edited by mevinyavin on May 09, 2024, 08:03:53 AM »

Author Topic: Restaurants In Israel Master Thread  (Read 206433 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants In Israel Master Thread
« Reply #880 on: July 21, 2022, 09:46:47 PM »
that's a pretty harsh statement. I don't know which most your referring too.
I suspect I have significantly more firsthand knowledge about Kashrus practices both in the US and Israel, and while there is, unfortunately, a lot of rif-raf amongst small and large agencies alike, that's still quite harsh.
.   I think it's incorrect to say that most individuals are in it solely for the money.
Our agency, and many other communal agencies, lose money certifying food service establishments every day.
Believe it or not, we sit for the community.
For 18months of COVID our agency didn't charge a dollar for community food service mad even subsidized the pay for a working mashgichim (what's know in Israel as a ne'eman Kashrut).
Despite all the negativity, there's still some idealism out there.
Communal agencies are very different than most Israeli agencies. I wasn't referring to those.

Eida and Rubin etc don't claim to be about community service. They are full blown for-profit businesses. Nothing wrong with that, until they behave wrongly and bully their customers.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 21, 2022, 10:17:30 PM »
Communal agencies are very different than most Israeli agencies. I wasn't referring to those.

Eida and Rubin etc don't claim to be about community service. They are full blown for-profit businesses. Nothing wrong with that, until they behave wrongly and bully their customers.
distinction accepted, though many would argue Eidah is a communal agency

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #882 on: July 21, 2022, 10:29:52 PM »
distinction accepted, though many would argue Eidah is a communal agency

As evidenced by the fact that it existed as an organization before the Hechsher, and has other activities other than Kashrus. 
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 21, 2022, 10:40:11 PM »
As evidenced by the fact that it existed as an organization before the Hechsher, and has other activities other than Kashrus.
Like the OU

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 21, 2022, 10:45:14 PM »
though many would argue Eidah is a communal agency

Eida Kashrus is a for-profit corporation that was declaring and paying taxes on millions of dollars in annual profits already 20 years ago.

See landmark Israeli court case (that upheld their one-of-a-kind deal with the Israeli Tax Authority to write off cash salaries :D)

https://www.nevo.co.il/psika_html/mechozi/ME-11-12-31259-44.htm

Shows you how all these 'Whatsapp Kashrus Professionals' are a bunch of hearsay from people who are at best clueless.

Like the OU
In stark contrast to the OU that is a non profit.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 21, 2022, 10:55:20 PM »

Eida Kashrus is a for-profit corporation that was declaring and paying taxes on millions of dollars in annual profits already 20 years ago.

See landmark Israeli court case (that upheld their one-of-a-kind deal with the Israeli Tax Authority to write off cash salaries :D)

Shows you how all these 'Whatsapp Kashrus Professionals' are a bunch of hearsay from people who are at best clueless.
based on personal experience, I don't view a companies tax status as impacting thier view/ mission of Kashrus. It's unfortunate, but a reality. There are non profits that are that in name only and for profit that actually put Kashrus ahead of profit.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #886 on: July 21, 2022, 11:03:42 PM »

As per Wikipedia they converted the Kashrus organization from a non-profit organization to a taxable corporation as part of that landmark case in 2000.

Doesn't show me anything about the whatsapp Kashrus professionals. There are various people on the group, and I know who is a professional and who isn't. I am on the group and am definitely not a professional and never claimed to be one.

NOTHING you brought contradicts what I stated. The Eida and their Beis Din existed long before the ועד הכשרות שע"י בד"ץ העדה החרדית למקהלות האשכנזים. And while it is legally a separate taxable entity, I find it hard to believe that from a Halachic ruling perspective (when it comes to Kashrus) it is independent from the Halachic authorities of the Eida.
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 21, 2022, 11:14:36 PM »
As per Wikipedia they converted the Kashrus organization from a non-profit organization to a taxable corporation as part of that landmark case in 2000.
Doesn't show me anything about the whatsapp Kashrus professionals. There are various people on the group, and I know who is a professional and who isn't. I am on the group and am definitely not a professional and never claimed to be one.

NOTHING you brought contradicts what I stated. The Eida and their Beis Din existed long before the ועד הכשרות שע"י בד"ץ העדה החרדית למקהלות האשכנזים. And while it is legally a separate taxable entity, I find it hard to believe that from a Halachic ruling perspective (when it comes to Kashrus) it is independent from the Halachic authorities of the Eida.
And yet, the Kashrus is a for profit business that pays big $ in tax. That's called in it for the money.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 21, 2022, 11:15:25 PM »
based on personal experience, I don't view a companies tax status as impacting thier view/ mission of Kashrus. It's unfortunate, but a reality. There are non profits that are that in name only and for profit that actually put Kashrus ahead of profit.
Oh, I definitely agree
I prefer תאוות ממון to תאוות כבוד any day. Much more understandable to me.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 21, 2022, 11:36:24 PM »
And yet, the Kashrus is a for profit business that pays big $ in tax. That's called in it for the money.

-- Dan

Offline upside down

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 22, 2022, 03:29:14 AM »
Anyone know of any kosher meat restaurant or fast food in the Haifa area that are kosher mehadrin?
Are the ones in the wiki accurate still?
Thank you

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 22, 2022, 06:53:32 AM »

No such thing
Please clarify.

Also, my above opinion that was echoed by some other regarding Badatz Beit Yosef hechsher, is based partly on reputation, but also on some of my experience with them, and the publicized lapses that happened under them, the likes of which I have never heard any other Kashrus have. (No I don't mean the cheese, I mean Chametz gamur being certified for Pesach). You can also somewhat judge a kashrus by their organizational size, and how many imported items they certify. At so e lint it's clear they are relying on kulas and rubber stamping.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 23, 2022, 04:02:14 PM »
Never assume. From what I read online it is his youngest son Moshe who runs it (and might have been the one to establish it). Not really well known as a torah figure like some of his brothers.

If you ask around people in the know, it doesn't have a very good reputation (neither does the other hechsher involved in the Poland cheese fiasco - the common denominator between those two is that they are run by business people rather than Halachic authorities).

What was the cheese fiasco?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline Spoon

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 23, 2022, 10:36:00 PM »
Please clarify.

Bet Yosef has nothing to do with the shechita. It's a higher level of glatt.

Chametz gamur being certified for Pesach

Details?

You can also somewhat judge a kashrus by their organizational size, and how many imported items they certify. At so e lint it's clear they are relying on kulas and rubber stamping.

I was referring above to eating their meat and by their restaurants. Not the manufactured items.

Do you check with Rabbanut Mehadrin restaurants to ensure they don't use anything certified by Badatz BY?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 23, 2022, 11:31:15 PM »
Do you check with Rabbanut Mehadrin restaurants to ensure they don't use anything certified by Badatz BY?

No. And therefore don't trust them (or WA for similar reasons).
-- Dan

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #897 on: July 24, 2022, 03:26:32 AM »
Anyone know of any kosher meat restaurant or fast food in the Haifa area that are kosher mehadrin?
Are the ones in the wiki accurate still?
Thank you
In Kiryat Shmuel which is the northernmost neighborhood of Haifa there is Momma Shnitzel, In Kiryat Motzkin there is Atika, a meat hummus place (Street is usshikin and weitzman), Kiryat Ata also has multiple meat mehadrin locations. You also have Ikea which is mehadrin. Kiryat Yam on Sderot Yerushalim also has mehadrin meat restaurants.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 24, 2022, 03:59:54 AM »

Bet Yosef has nothing to do with the shechita. It's a higher level of glatt.
A shechita crew is responsible for the meat from live animal until packing, including checking (Inc lungs) and salting.
In any case, I think OP was referring to the hechsher not the shita. I thought u were saying there is no shechitaa done by BBY.

I doubt RYM exclude BBY products, I never checked. Kashrus while eating out vs home is a topic that I dont think has been covered here yet, IMO it's very OK to have different standards for the two.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline lazertek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold medllion status alaska mvp marriott gold elite uber gold Hertz PC Aeoroplan silver National EE
« Reply #899 on: July 24, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »
Leonardo Plaza
I ate there yesterday the food was subpar and i had a very bad experience with the hotel staff and after i spoke to a few hotel guest i realised i"m not the only one complaining i would not reccomend them.
The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude(: