Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1223201 times)

Offline simplicity

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #5480 on: January 28, 2024, 05:02:14 PM »
we need a dislike button
We have a very easy way to shut him down, just make a pact not to sell him, or anyone who is buying on a mass level

Offline shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SNAP, WIC, Jersey Care, HUD. ;)
« Reply #5481 on: January 29, 2024, 10:54:49 PM »
We have a very easy way to shut him down, just make a pact not to sell him, or anyone who is buying on a mass level
you misunderstood me, I dislike the person who posted that they disliked what this person was doing. I am 100 percent fine with it especially when he is still cheaper than the official price. It is exactly the same as every other business except here you know how much he is making so it bothers you.

Offline NAT86

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: January 29, 2024, 11:56:10 PM »
everyone is backing out of the apple vison pro deals  :(

Offline solmeir

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: January 30, 2024, 08:09:14 AM »
Can you post the notice that they sent out?

Offline ChofetzChaim613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: February 02, 2024, 01:43:48 PM »
Has anybody had any luck at getting best buy orders to buying groups that they care to share?

Offline jacobi1996

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: February 03, 2024, 09:30:13 PM »
PSA: DO NOT BUY FOR USA BUYING GROUP!!

I recently had a package from Amazon go missing (worth almost $600) and they told me that their policy is that they do not reimburse for missing packages and to reach out to Amazon, however Amazon has their Delaware address flagged as a freight forwarder and does not refund for any missing package that goes there. The same thing just happened to another close friend of mine but for a package with MacBooks worth almost $3,000. USA absolutely refuses to help in any way pretty much all but saying "you are own your own, go figure this out". After speaking to a few more people this seems to be happening to a A LOT of people these days and I even heard of a story where someone lost major, major money. USA is not being transparent with their buyers and telling them that there is big risk involved these days with ordering to their Delaware warehouse.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD to anyone you know that buys for USA.

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #5486 on: February 03, 2024, 09:49:23 PM »

PSA: ...this seems to be happening to a A LOT of people these days and I even heard of a story where someone lost major, major money.

This is literally the purpose of this thread.

And it's been mentioned above quite a few times.

Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: February 03, 2024, 10:00:21 PM »
PSA: DO NOT BUY FOR USA BUYING GROUP!!

I recently had a package from Amazon go missing (worth almost $600) and they told me that their policy is that they do not reimburse for missing packages and to reach out to Amazon, however Amazon has their Delaware address flagged as a freight forwarder and does not refund for any missing package that goes there. The same thing just happened to another close friend of mine but for a package with MacBooks worth almost $3,000. USA absolutely refuses to help in any way pretty much all but saying "you are own your own, go figure this out". After speaking to a few more people this seems to be happening to a A LOT of people these days and I even heard of a story where someone lost major, major money. USA is not being transparent with their buyers and telling them that there is big risk involved these days with ordering to their Delaware warehouse.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD to anyone you know that buys for USA.

what did tracking show?

i have my own story with CloseoutNJ - tracking shows delivered, but they claim never received so they not paying me. Of course, since it says delivered - amazon is not replacing/refunding.

Offline DaasTora

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: February 03, 2024, 10:07:40 PM »
dont recall. try all that you can find
Tried live chat and they reinstated me. Thanks!

Offline simplicity

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #5489 on: February 03, 2024, 10:33:25 PM »
what did tracking show?

i have my own story with CloseoutNJ - tracking shows delivered, but they claim never received so they not paying me. Of course, since it says delivered - amazon is not replacing/refunding.
Where did you get delivered to lakewood or DE?

Offline Just A Jew

• View Profile
« Reply #5490 on: February 03, 2024, 10:41:14 PM »

This is literally the purpose of this thread.

And it's been mentioned above quite a few times.

Love the posts addressing the symptoms. Every time someone gets screwed, all caps posts with exclamation marks warning about the evils of *that* group, as opposed to the reliability of all the others. Until the next post, where someone else is the worst and everyone else is reliable again.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Offline TheAsh

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: February 04, 2024, 09:43:48 AM »
Prisoners dilemma
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5492 on: February 04, 2024, 10:15:51 AM »
Love the posts addressing the symptoms. Every time someone gets screwed, all caps posts with exclamation marks warning about the evils of *that* group, as opposed to the reliability of all the others. Until the next post, where someone else is the worst and everyone else is reliable again.
USA has had the most complaints here IMO
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline jacobi1996

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: February 04, 2024, 10:51:03 AM »
From my understanding USA has been dealing with a theft problem for the past while and they are not being honest and telling their buyers that there is big risk involved with shipping to their DE address these days.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: February 04, 2024, 12:34:36 PM »
From my understanding USA has been dealing with a theft problem for the past while and they are not being honest and telling their buyers that there is big risk involved with shipping to their DE address these days.
This is a risk for almost all BGs nowadays. There are a couple which have a lost package policy/insurance. You'd be best sending there if you want to minimize risk.

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: February 04, 2024, 01:13:05 PM »
This is a risk for almost all BGs nowadays. There are a couple which have a lost package policy/insurance. You'd be best sending there if you want to minimize risk.
Which group has insurance?

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #5496 on: February 04, 2024, 01:57:18 PM »
I've heard buying group is the best hands down. Any dp's?

They're the only ones with a lost and empty package payment guarantee.

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline sylk

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: February 04, 2024, 02:06:20 PM »
As the payout times increase longer and longer, it has become clear to me. THEY NEED YOU MORE FOR THE FREE SHORT TERM LOAN YOU ARE GIVING THEM RATHER THAN THE ACTUAL SOURCING OF THE PRODUCTS

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: February 04, 2024, 02:55:59 PM »
Where did you get delivered to lakewood or DE?

DE

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: February 04, 2024, 05:02:06 PM »
As the payout times increase longer and longer, it has become clear to me. THEY NEED YOU MORE FOR THE FREE SHORT TERM LOAN YOU ARE GIVING THEM RATHER THAN THE ACTUAL SOURCING OF THE PRODUCTS
This is a lot truer than most people buying for them realize, which in turn makes the risk that much greater.