Author Topic: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)  (Read 160690 times)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Torah & Hashkafa Questions (PC Free For All)
« Reply #640 on: November 16, 2022, 07:08:43 PM »
it wasn't originally the eidah,if i am not mistaken it actually has their haskama.
They took the Eida haskama from Rashi Kipshuto and printed it in this. I believe the Eida put out a denial.

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2022, 04:16:41 PM »

"We have received a clear psak that it is a mitzva to burn the book called Pshuto Shel Mikra." Advertorial in English Yated.

If they want to ban it for their kehillos fine, but to give a psak to burn it is pretty far no?

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2022, 04:20:13 PM »

"We have received a clear psak that it is a mitzva to burn the book called Pshuto Shel Mikra." Advertorial in English Yated.

If they want to ban it for their kehillos fine, but to give a psak to burn it is pretty far no?
Understatement of the century.
This whole thing is is getting more absurd by the day.
I wonder how many signatories ever saw the sefer.

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 20, 2022, 04:24:51 PM »
Understatement of the century.
This whole thing is is getting more absurd by the day.
I wonder how many signatories ever saw the sefer.
Friend of mine asked R' Yerucham by a chasuna last week one thing wrong with the sefer and the response was "Ask R' Malkiel". These kano'ois campaigns frustrate me tremendously.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 20, 2022, 04:27:28 PM »
Friend of mine asked R' Yerucham by a chasuna last week one thing wrong with the sefer and the response was "Ask R' Malkiel". These kano'ois campaigns frustrate me tremendously.
It’s totally crazy.

Notice the difference in tone

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 20, 2022, 06:58:13 PM »
It’s totally crazy.

Notice the difference in tone

I know nothing about this controversy but in general when you're much frummer than the Eidah it doesn't smell good.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2022, 09:39:28 AM »
According to a perfectly idiotic pamphlet being circulated “explaining” the “issues”, it would follow that many Rishonim should be tossed into the bonfire together with this Sefer for their “heretical” comments.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »

Who said to burn it? I can't believe the signatories are happy that their letter ended up right next to this anonymous advertorial.

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »
According to a perfectly idiotic pamphlet being circulated “explaining” the “issues”, it would follow that many Rishonim should be tossed into the bonfire together with this Sefer for their “heretical” comments.
Link? Or is it the same examples as in the yated?

Offline imayid2

• View Profile

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 21, 2022, 03:16:27 PM »
The yated ad is a transcript of this
It is appalling that they let it in

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 21, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »
Seems like an anti-vaxer cuckoo.
I've found that once you believe one conspiracy theory, it's a short jump to become a full out cuckoo, anti-Occam's razor

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 21, 2022, 03:46:02 PM »
I've found that once you believe one conspiracy theory, it's a short jump to become a full out cuckoo, anti-Occam's razor

That's an Einstein discovery! :P

Online jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 21, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »
https://netzachyisrael.substack.com/p/regarding-a-terrible-threat-to-our
This guy is seriously off his meds! If he is behind this campaign that is really awful. Shame on the Yated for not vetting him.

Here’s an excerpt of another blog entry of his:

https://netzachyisrael.substack.com/p/the-haskala-movement-never-ended

“A couple months ago, I discovered videos of Yuval Noah Harari, top advisor to Klaus Schwab, director of the extremely powerful World Economic Forum (WEF), which works hand in hand with the UN and the WHO. Mr. Harari conveniently made their agenda even clearer to see. He states explicitly Rachmana litzlan that superior beings, designed by human intelligence, will soon completely replace “Homo sapiens”, and he is openly and staunchly promoting transhumanism. This means that the policies of the WHO and UN are crafted to further the transhumanistic agenda. What is transhumanism? Yuval Harari explains it very well here. https://www.brighteon.com/eab1838b-260d-45dd-b57a-a39063545d07 And here:https://www.bitchute.com/video/8ygBOVEqvWDK/

No more free choice, no more private thoughts. An “improved” human, designed by “human intelligence”, connected to the internet from within, and constantly monitored by sensors under the skin. Mr. Harari says that the era of COVID will go down in history as marking the time “when everything changed”.

He says much more, which is blatant kefira and too painful to repeat. His videos may as well be titled “Tower of Bavel #2, rebellion against G-d”.

And some excerpts from another blog entry:

https://netzachyisrael.substack.com/p/an-open-letter-to-klal-yisrael
“ For example, they call some of us anti-vaxxers or conspiracy theorists - terms meant to cause hate and to shut down any possible dialogue and critical evaluation of facts.

As Yidden - renowned for our critical thinking - it’s time for us to examine what those phrases really mean.

“Anti-vaxxer”: Anyone who so much as questions ANY vaccine, or even just any vaccine mandate, even if they accept all the others. Strangely, much of humanity would actually fall into the dictionary definition of an anti-vaxxer.

“Conspiracy”: The joint planning by multiple parties to commit a crime.  Of course, this happens every day, and there have been millions of conspiracies over the last few thousand years, resulting in the deaths of billions of people. I would guess that Nimrod and his generation may have been the first global conspirators, when they planned the Tower of Bavel.

Obviously, “conspiracies” are things that really happen. The terms “conspiracy theory” and “conspiracy theorists”, on the other hand, were coined by conspirators themselves to paint anyone who attempts to expose criminal planning as kooks, and thereby shield the plotters from publicity and proper investigations.

As someone who has been immersed in this research for the past two years, and in close contact with Rabbonim here and in Eretz Yisrael and Europe, I can assure you that there is a conspiracy and that we are at great risk, and we desperately need to join ranks, and, most of all, daven and do teshuva. But all this can only happen when our tzibbur becomes INFORMED”

“Who are “they”? They are the United Nations (UN), with their branch called the World Health Organization (WHO), their partners, the World Economic Forum (WEF), and their associates, a small cluster of very evil, super-rich “elite” families and their foundations, such as the Rockefeller Foundation, the Soros Foundation, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Between themselves, they own almost all the corporations in the world, in most any industry, including media, technology, food, and pharmaceuticals, through the parent investment companies Blackrock and Vanguard. For comparison, the power of their monopoly now is even greater than that of IG Farben, the previous name of the monopoly which was run by many of the same families before and during WWII. IG Farben owned a vast network of corporations, brought Hitler yemach shemo to power through financial backing and positive publicity, and were the ones running the Nazi war machine behind the scenes (for example, IG Farben owned and operated Auschwitz and many other camps.)

Their inner circle also includes the heads of many countries around the world, whom the WEF has groomed for these leadership positions over many years, and installed as their puppets to accomplish their aims. The evidence of their evil plans is completely documented.”

This is the same United Nations and their subsidiary, the World Health Organization, who are now attempting to gain rulership of the entire world.

We need to unite to call for the disbanding of the UN and the WHO, who cause only harm and death.

The power of these elites appears immense. The World Economic Forum (which works hand in hand with the WHO) has been training leaders for many years, and their graduates are installed in key government positions worldwide. The WEF are the world’s most wealthy and powerful people, who have control of the narrative by means of controlling media and politics, and accomplish whatever they want to.

“In reality, however, there are relatively very few people running this at the top, and the vast majority of humanity does not agree with their goals. Most people have simply been conditioned to follow. If only we would all join forces against those who wish to harm us, their game would be over.“

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 21, 2022, 08:12:32 PM »
This guy gives whack jobs a bad name.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 21, 2022, 08:53:21 PM »
From what I've seen those are typical thoughts for people that think there are some sort of illuminati. He's only missing the Satanism (or when frum Jewish people need something to blame they'll go to kishuf and shaydim and anything that resembles that).

Satanism is a critical part to explain the parts that don't follow human nature tendencies and go past the typical logic of money motives.

If I get the opportunity and have the patience I'd like to ask one of these people - what are the rules for Satanism, how do you know those are the rules, where can I find the rules of Satanism written down, why aren't they satanists, why are the rich people satanists, why do they hide if the satanists have metaphysical power,...

My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 21, 2022, 08:54:47 PM »
I strongly disagree with the sentiments being spewed here. You can hate the messenger, and you may question the need to "burn" the book, but the message is still true.

I've heard from one of the signatories that it's a bad sefer and that nobody should learn it. (Didn't hear "burn" from his mouth but didn't ask about it.) This signer, a respected rosh yeshiva, clearly saw the book and clearly stood behind his stance that the book is terrible and should not be learned.

I have no idea who is behind the campaign, or how many crazy things he's done, but please don't normalize the book just because they guy might be a nut. The sefer should not be learned. (The author may be a great person who meant well. But the final product is not according to the mesorah we have, and can be detrimental to our hashkafah.)

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 21, 2022, 09:01:58 PM »
I strongly disagree with the sentiments being spewed here. You can hate the messenger, and you may question the need to "burn" the book, but the message is still true.

I've heard from one of the signatories that it's a bad sefer and that nobody should learn it. (Didn't hear "burn" from his mouth but didn't ask about it.) This signer, a respected rosh yeshiva, clearly saw the book and clearly stood behind his stance that the book is terrible and should not be learned.

I have no idea who is behind the campaign, or how many crazy things he's done, but please don't normalize the book just because they guy might be a nut. The sefer should not be learned. (The author may be a great person who meant well. But the final product is not according to the mesorah we have, and can be detrimental to our hashkafah.)
There are many chashuvim and T”C that don’t share the sentiments of these signatories. Everyone can seek guidance from their morah derech.