Author Topic: The Future of Lakewood  (Read 586518 times)

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Lakewood
« Reply #3960 on: November 07, 2023, 11:53:37 PM »
Any election for any candidate. Voting the party line ends today. No more free votes. Earn your vote or go away. Serve Lakewoods interests and you can swing tens of thousands of votes in your direction.

This impact doesn’t start next election, it starts right now.
I only hope this will be used to serve Lakewood tzibbur's interests and not hijacked to serve Lakewood special interests

Offline GAM Z.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: November 07, 2023, 11:58:03 PM »
Its including mail-in
139 ppl voted for schnall on Election Day
59 Mail in
2 Provisional
out of 2399 registered voters
Does that include early voting?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: November 08, 2023, 12:03:54 AM »
Any election for any candidate. Voting the party line ends today. No more free votes. Earn your vote or go away. Serve Lakewoods interests and you can swing tens of thousands of votes in your direction.

+100

And we started to lose this. After Lakewood voted overwhelmingly for Ciattarelli, some started to say that Lakewood is just Republican, and it's not a swing district, so there is no point of trying to do anything to win Lakewood over. Tonight fixed that.

Offline torashaman

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: November 08, 2023, 12:24:26 AM »

or the opposite...
Doesnt matter if you do your best to help lakewood, like Tomson did.
They'll throw u under the bus first chance they get

Offline Definitions2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: November 08, 2023, 12:25:47 AM »
I am officially calling it. Schnall beat Thomson, and will be our next Assemblyman. Daas Torah triumphed.
To be honest this post irked me a bit. It wasn't the daas torah that compelled me to vote for him. It was his goal and campaign mission.
I don't pledge allegiance to any organization. I can use it as a basic filter but don't rely on it.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: November 08, 2023, 12:27:18 AM »
+100

And we started to lose this. After Lakewood voted overwhelmingly for Ciattarelli, some started to say that Lakewood is just Republican, and it's not a swing district, so there is no point of trying to do anything to win Lakewood over. Tonight fixed that.
Let's be real, most people will just (correctly) think that Lakewood will vote Democrat: if it's one of their own running.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: November 08, 2023, 12:50:36 AM »
or the opposite...
You bought the scam. Thomson never lifted his finger for Lakewood, maybe with just one or two small exceptions. Contrast him with Kean, who really worked for Lakewood. But most people have their head so deep in the ground, and just rely on some random propaganda.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: November 08, 2023, 12:51:19 AM »
To be honest this post irked me a bit. It wasn't the daas torah that compelled me to vote for him. It was his goal and campaign mission.
For me it was directly the opposite. I like Schnall as a person, but I doubted his mission. It was the Daas Torah that prompted me to vote for him.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: November 08, 2023, 06:17:32 AM »
I think the robocalls really helped 8)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: November 08, 2023, 07:19:47 AM »
or the opposite...

The guy has been in office for 6 years and I’ve never heard of him before this race. Last minute desperation he starts “representing” us. I’m fine with voting for a challenger against anyone from any party that hasn’t earned our vote. Enough of the party line voting for politicians that never took a step into Lakewood or make their voice heard on our behalf.

Be like Chris Smith or you ain’t getting our vote.
Visibly Jewish

Offline cholent

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: November 08, 2023, 07:21:17 AM »
For me it was directly the opposite. I like Schnall as a person, but I doubted his mission. It was the Daas Torah that prompted me to vote for him.
Exactly
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: November 08, 2023, 07:29:35 AM »
Bottom line, when does free tuition start? Rosh Chodesh or December 1st?

Poor Avi... people are really going to hold him to this!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #3972 on: November 08, 2023, 07:30:36 AM »
or the opposite...

I was very turned off by the anti-semitic vibes of his campaign
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: November 08, 2023, 08:57:57 AM »
An reliable insider who gets his data from those on the ground told me a few hours ago that the numbers are really not decisive in any way, and he thinks it may be a lot closer than he previously thought. I guess we'll know in the next hour or two. But if you are on the fence about voting now, it may be worthwhile to get to a polling station before 8, as your vote may actually make a differnce.

(Not paid for by any candidate.)
Not really directed at you, but a convenient segue to my rant. Without even getting into the pluses or minuses of Avi's big win and what it means for Daas Torah, Judaism as a whole, prospects for world peace, or any of the other local or state wide political implications, there is one thing that the Lakewood community definitely was a big loser on IMHO. The word unprecedented is misused in an unprecedented way for all kinds of things, but I think we can all agree that the "maximum PR/pressure" of this campaign was truly unprecedented in Lakewood politics. And seeing as "it worked", it's probably what we have to "look forward to" for all future campaigns as well, which is not a good thing on so many levels. Beyond the simple aggravating nuisance of the endless signs on your car, ramkols,  posters, and seemingly endless texts emails and robocalls, there is also something more, that we will now be doing things exactly as the PR firms dictate for all of America in election seasons. Perhaps most disappointing is the matching campaign intensity where we get every Rosh Mosad/Rov/and Feivish sending dire texts/emails/robocalls with the gevald strategy of "We're hearing it's too close to call" "Insiders say Avi is behind" "turnout is strong in the Arab Monmouth County" etc., which may be familiar in general election campaigns and unfortunately in Israeli campaigns, but has not really happened here to this degree. It's just so shallow and fake, it's nauseous. Not to mention, that after a while it just stops working, as people are not gullibe like that in election after election. Of course those behind it will point to the fact that it worked and obviously that's what you need to do to win. They may be right, I don't know, but if so it's a sad commentary on our community as a whole. In general people are not that dumb, and will vote their obvious best interests if its presented openly and honestly, this whole Gevald style really puts me off and ultimately is not a good thing. OK, rant over. Congratulations Avi Schnall and the rest of the winners, I hope you accomplish a quarter (at least) of what your PR promised.....

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: November 08, 2023, 09:43:57 AM »
Not really directed at you, but a convenient segue to my rant. Without even getting into the pluses or minuses of Avi's big win and what it means for Daas Torah, Judaism as a whole, prospects for world peace, or any of the other local or state wide political implications, there is one thing that the Lakewood community definitely was a big loser on IMHO. The word unprecedented is misused in an unprecedented way for all kinds of things, but I think we can all agree that the "maximum PR/pressure" of this campaign was truly unprecedented in Lakewood politics. And seeing as "it worked", it's probably what we have to "look forward to" for all future campaigns as well, which is not a good thing on so many levels. Beyond the simple aggravating nuisance of the endless signs on your car, ramkols,  posters, and seemingly endless texts emails and robocalls, there is also something more, that we will now be doing things exactly as the PR firms dictate for all of America in election seasons. Perhaps most disappointing is the matching campaign intensity where we get every Rosh Mosad/Rov/and Feivish sending dire texts/emails/robocalls with the gevald strategy of "We're hearing it's too close to call" "Insiders say Avi is behind" "turnout is strong in the Arab Monmouth County" etc., which may be familiar in general election campaigns and unfortunately in Israeli campaigns, but has not really happened here to this degree. It's just so shallow and fake, it's nauseous. Not to mention, that after a while it just stops working, as people are not gullibe like that in election after election. Of course those behind it will point to the fact that it worked and obviously that's what you need to do to win. They may be right, I don't know, but if so it's a sad commentary on our community as a whole. In general people are not that dumb, and will vote their obvious best interests if its presented openly and honestly, this whole Gevald style really puts me off and ultimately is not a good thing. OK, rant over. Congratulations Avi Schnall and the rest of the winners, I hope you accomplish a quarter (at least) of what your PR promised.....
Like it or not, 'maximum pressure campaigns' work and the animal just gets bigger and wackier as time goes on...

Just look at every Charidy, building campaign, etc over the last few years!

Offline iwlw2

• View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: November 08, 2023, 09:48:43 AM »
Like it or not, 'maximum pressure campaigns' work and the animal just gets bigger and wackier as time goes on...

I know, those often make me sad too, and I recognize it's a losing proposition, but I am really just so turned off by the Madison Ave style which permeates so much of our public discourse.....

Offline notyettaken

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: November 08, 2023, 09:52:19 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarm_fatigue

Offline JMHO

• View Profile

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 78
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #3978 on: November 08, 2023, 11:13:32 AM »
I am officially calling it. Schnall beat Thomson, and will be our next Assemblyman. PR triumphed.
FTFY

Offline jackst

• View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: November 08, 2023, 12:17:19 PM »
Bottom line, when does free tuition start? Rosh Chodesh or December 1st?

Poor Avi... people are really going to hold him to this!
you mean when will the schools stop needing to fundraise as they are saying it will help with their deficit... time will tell if anything will trickle down to the parents..