Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1246429 times)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #5160 on: September 02, 2023, 11:21:30 PM »
Has anyone tried virtual mailing addresses in Delaware with mail forwarding services for bg’s?
If yes is it worth it? Can anyone recommend a specific brand?
That are cheaper than the tax?

Offline DaasTora

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: September 02, 2023, 11:22:53 PM »
That are cheaper than the tax?
Most of them are without doing major math.

Offline JuryDuty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: September 02, 2023, 11:59:05 PM »
How exactly is the laundering happening? There's no "cash" per se, sounds more like a ponzi

There's often "layering", which is concealing the source of the money through a series of transactions and/or bookkeeping tricks. A lot of money flowing in and out - even if it's not physical cash - is great for operations like those. Typically, they're low profit margin because the goal is to just make it super unclear where money is coming from
Jury Duty: Nothing to do there but chill and write a TR. Kinda like the beach but missing the view and ocean breeze.

Offline Danlover111

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: September 06, 2023, 01:34:36 PM »
is anyone else currently using these guys? i even reached out privately to @Markmann20 to resolve this issue before posting on the forums and he's been silent as well.
@Cat18 Any update on this?

Offline Cat18

• View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: September 06, 2023, 07:06:56 PM »
@Cat18 Any update on this?

i received a new check and was waiting for it to clear before posting a reply.

Offline maxamex932

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: September 12, 2023, 11:56:38 AM »
Just so the olem knows, uearnpoints has actually been paying me faster than any group these days. They payout Mondays and Fridays every week in batches i think.
Most up-to-date payments among all the buying groups.

Huh? I'm sharing my experience. I have no connection with any bg's. You may have more posts because of worthless posting above.

Back to the point..... My experience with uearnpoints has been overall good. Have sent them a few Amazon devices from Kohl's and Target after the TV's. These items were checked in a few days after delivery to Germay warehouse. Payments also slowing down but still reasonable.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5166 on: September 12, 2023, 08:40:12 PM »
Just so the olem knows, uearnpoints has actually been paying me faster than any group these days. They payout Mondays and Fridays every week in batches i think.
Most up-to-date payments among all the buying groups.
You know this post doesn’t really add any credibility to them, it just detracts. So if you’re with a rival group, mission accomplished.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: September 12, 2023, 08:43:14 PM »
You know this post doesn’t really add any credibility to them, it just detracts. So if you’re with a rival group, mission accomplished.
Especially with the post count

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: September 12, 2023, 09:05:21 PM »
Though it is interesting that he was a registered user since 2020

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: September 13, 2023, 11:33:47 AM »
Seems super legit actually. Especially helpful dropping a nugget of info that someone not affiliated would surely mention (days of the week where payout happens).

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5170 on: September 13, 2023, 03:38:51 PM »
Who got the PFS email?

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile

Offline DaasTora

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: September 13, 2023, 07:51:35 PM »

Offline maxamex932

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: September 15, 2023, 12:20:03 PM »
If that's what you want to take from it, that's up to you. I am definitely not a rival group and i am not trying to take business away from them.
I live in boca raton, fl and I have dropped stuff off in their warehouse in homestead. I met the group manager, he seems like a chevraman.

I have been buying for most of the buying groups for a few years now. I thought i would be helpful to share this info as most groups are taking very long to pay these days.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #5174 on: September 18, 2023, 12:03:13 AM »
If that's what you want to take from it, that's up to you. I am definitely not a rival group and i am not trying to take business away from them.
I live in boca raton, fl and I have dropped stuff off in their warehouse in homestead. I met the group manager, he seems like a chevraman.

I have been buying for most of the buying groups for a few years now. I thought i would be helpful to share this info as most groups are taking very long to pay these days.
You have five posts, all about the same unknown group.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #5175 on: September 18, 2023, 02:40:57 AM »
You have five posts, all about the same unknown group.

I suppose with my join date and post count, it would be safe to assume that I am unaffiliated with any group.  From personal experience, I can also vouch that the aforementioned group has been very prompt with scans and payment.  To that I will add that I feel BG, PM, and D&R are also high quality for those metrics.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #5176 on: September 18, 2023, 03:23:27 PM »
I suppose with my join date and post count, it would be safe to assume that I am unaffiliated with any group.
Not quite safe to assume that, but you’re definitely a much better source. Thanks for the info.

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5177 on: September 18, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
Anyone tracking PFS and Travis Scott situation.. seems like a major loss happening

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: September 18, 2023, 03:49:43 PM »
Anyone tracking PFS and Travis Scott situation.. seems like a major loss happening
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=62276.7760

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile